POLL!!! What resort are you staying at for your HM?

Freiden8

DIS Veteran
After MUCH debate.. we decided on Yacht Club, because of the location, and pool..

Where are you staying and why did you choose it?

Amber, we are still debating between the Boardwalk Inn and the Yacht club. We still have 8 months to go so I"m not too worried yet, plus there are absoultely no discounts out yet, so I'm going to hold off for a bit, but we are in a dead tie between the two. So one of those!

Lisa

Absolute perfect choice Freiden8. The Yatch Club is in my opinion the best resort on Disney property. The location cant be beat. The staff is outstanding and before you go be sure to fax them a letter letting you know that it is your honeymoon and if they could it would be great if they could get you a room viewing the Illuminations Fireworks. Also if you ever call for room service let them know that it is your honeymoon while ordering and you may find a surprise in your room the next day. Dont be shy in letting everyone know your on your honeymoon for Disney does do special things for guest that are newly married. I hope you have a wonderful time. Actually I know you will. Tell us all about it when you get back.

Were staying at the contemporary (military rate) $106 a night. We couldn't beat it. I would love to be at the WL though. Maybe next time.

We are splitting our stay between the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Wilderness Lodge (7 nights at one, 4 at the other)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

We are using my DVC points to stay at BWV in a 1 bedroom before the wedding. Night of and after will be AKL.

Sabrina

Have to agree that i would choose the YC. The resort is very nice. Pros: large rooms compared to the BWI, The best Resort pool on property, proximity to EC, and some of the best restaurants in the area all at the resort.

As the previous poster said, really advertise that you are honeymooners at every chance you have. This will really pay off. Make a few PSs before you go and make sure that they list that you are honeymooners on the PS at every meal. Same goes for your room reservation. Hang in there the discounts usually appear about 3-4 months out.

Perhaps you might want to take Breathless out for a fireworks cruise. Who knows.

We are staying at the carribean beach resort. My favorite, this will be my 3rd time at this resort and my 1st for my FH.

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. Our honeymoon was in June 2003. We had a great time. Be sure to wear your bride and groom ears!

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our honeymoon in July. It is beautiful there! Make sure you tell everyone it is your honeymoon and wear the bride and groom ears- get the bride headband if you can.

We are staying at POR. First time for both of us, but I know we will love it.

We will be staying at the Vistana resort for our honeymoon Sept.15-21---hope we get in the newer section!!! I requested the Cascades so we will see....................
Jen

We're staying at POR for our dec. honeymoon. I would have liked to stay at akl, but after much consideration (we've stayed at both in the past) I love them both so much, I'd rather save money and stay at POR and splurge on other things (like discovery cove!)

My Fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon between Old Key West and the Grand Floridian. It's both of our first times at WDW and we think it'll be just a wonderful experience! just 4 1/2 more months *sigh*.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi everybody! New to the weddings and honeymoon board, but not the DIS! :)

I was torn between the Polynesian, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We eventually decided on the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a few reasons. We've seen and done the parks already. While we will spend time there, we will definitely be spending more downtime at the resort. I really like how secluded the Animal Kingdom Lodge is. If it were anything but my honeymoon, that would be a definite con! :)

We also LOVE Jiko. We ate there last time, and fell completely in love with the entire resort as we walked around after dinner.

we split out honeymoon in May between DWL, HRH and a cruise on the Magic.........loved every minute:):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter