• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: What DVC Accomodation Type

What DVC accomodation type do you use most often?

• Studio

• One Bedroom

• Two Bedroom

• Grand Villa

• Others Disney Proprties (WDW, DLR, International Disney Parks)

• Hotels Outside Disney Properties

• Not a member now but will be someday!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
i'm a new dvc member, and my first trip is in november and i'm so excited! we're staying in the grand villa. i suspect that's what we'll be utilizing the most because i'd like to use dvc as our annual family get together. (three siblings w/ spouses and parents):grouphug:

DW and I have been members since 1994 and the smallest unit we have stayed in is a 2 BR. It is only the two of us, but we love sharing our Disney experience with family and friends. Over the years we have used the grand villas at both OKW and SSR when we had two other couples with us.

We had a 1 BR at the Beach Club booked for MLK weekend in Jan, but we just changed to a 2 BR (at OKW with a wait list for BCV) because we have another couple who want to go also. Oh well, maybe someday.

We purchased enough points for two trips per year in a studio or 1 bedroom for at least one week each. We've since decided that through borrowing and banking and smart usage, we will only book 2br or GV and try for HHI for a shorter trip in between.

Our first trip home we had 8 people including our infant in the GV and it was so relaxing and spacious and it was nice to have everyone together too. I love the MB and Bath and I don't want my guests sleeping on the sofa either so it will always be GVs or 2brs for us! The only time we'll do studios or 1brs is if it is just the 3 of us! Those bigger rooms spoil a person easily!

Wow, look at the poll results so far. Everything you read here is that 1 BRs are the least popular accomodation size, but it is currently ahead in the polls.

Wow, look at the poll results so far. Everything you read here is that 1 BRs are the least popular accommodation size, but it is currently ahead in the polls.

My guess was that 1br's would be the most popular.

And I know what everyone means by being spoiled with the bigger rooms. I only have enough points for a 1br one time (week) a year and I figured the two of us would always use studios. I stayed in a 1br OKW (as a non-member) and they were indeed nice!

Me thinks some add-on's might be in my future!
:cool2:

My guess was that 1br's would be the most popular.

And I know what everyone means by being spoiled with the bigger rooms. I only have enough points for a 1br one time (week) a year and I figured the two of us would always use studios. I stayed in a 1br OKW (as a non-member) and they were indeed nice!

Me thinks some add-on's might be in my future!
:cool2:

I actually fell into that "trap". :lmao: I was planning on getting enough points for a studio and then I took the tour and saw how much "cooler" the 1 bedrooms were from the studios. So, I bought my points for the studio and decided to add 50 points a year to get up to enough points for a 1 bedroom. Well that was last May. Instead of my original plan, I did 2 add-ons (100 points, 80 points) between last May and this past March and I now have enough points for the 1 bedroom only 1 year after my first purchase! :rotfl2:

I believe it is safe to say that I have been assimulated (for you star trek fans) or that I have drunk the kool-aid (for you none star trek fans).

We're even on usage between studios and one bedrooms. It depends how we think we'll use our points for the year.

We've stayed in 1BRs and 2BRs (if relatives join us). If it's just us - family of 5 - we muddle through with a 1BR. Once the boys are older, I'm sure a 2BR will become our standard. It's soooo nice to have the extra space with DVC.

We also use our points for the three DL hotels.[/QUOTE]

I've just purchased DVC points and also live in northern California. What are the steps to making a reservation at one of the three DL hotels? (I thought I read that the $95 fee doesn't apply to Disney properties, but I've also read that there is a $95 dollar fee for DL hotels - which is it?) Are you comfortable with the amount of points you need to spend at hotels?
thanks for your input . . .

We also use our points for the three DL hotels.

I've just purchased DVC points and also live in northern California. What are the steps to making a reservation at one of the three DL hotels? (I thought I read that the $95 fee doesn't apply to Disney properties, but I've also read that there is a $95 dollar fee for DL hotels - which is it?) Are you comfortable with the amount of points you need to spend at hotels?
thanks for your input . . .
Welcome to DVC! We typically go in the off season and usually weekdays so the point cost isn't too terrible. You book your reservation through Member Services and no there isn't a $95 fee. Your points also cover the resort fee for parking and internet. We prefer to stay at the DL hotels and over the last few years it's been getting harder and harder to find good deals for cash reservations so I don't mind using points at all.

We've used our points for DLR, WDW DVC, VB and an exchange to Kauai through II. I love the flexibility so we don't get burned out on just one type of vacation.

It's the 3 of us: me, my DH and DS (8) we always get a 1BR. There's more room, the washer/dryer and 2 tv's. On our last trip we were hardly in the room but its nice to be able to relax and watch what you want w/o having to share.:wizard:

Mostly studios, but next would be 2 bedrooms. We've only booked a 1 bedroom twice so far in 5 years of membership.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Typically a 1-BR unit for us instead of a studio, as we like the living room/dining/kitchen area separate from the bedroom, the king-size bed, the washer/dryer and the whirlpool tub.

For the 3 of us a studio. We're going with my parents and sister next spring and will do a 2 bedroom. I think once we have another DC we'll move up to a 1 bedroom.

Usually a studio because we really like to stretch our points and take more trips. We are doing a 1BR value at AKV in January and can't wait.

We love 1 bedrooms for hte washer an dryer and to be more relaxed on vacaation since we can make and eat breakfast at home. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter