Poll: Was your Ohana meat juicy or dry?

How was your meat at Ohana's?

• Juicy!

• Dry!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks to all who posted.

I think we are going to try it. I have often found that places people rave about we don't like (like Boma's) and places people complain about we like (like Alfredo's).

It seems like Ohana's is a mixed bag ... so I guess we will try it for ouselves!

Thanks for the tip on asking for meat how you like it. We like ours Medium Rare and it's hard for Medium rare meat to be dry. LOL

Will go for it!

Thanks

WDWO :banana:

dry tough and way to chewy. the steak being the worst when we were there, i don't think we ever got the turkey offered to us :confused3 ...we could never get our waiter to admit we were alive and seated in his section( until he threw the check on the table of course :) ) so had no option to get something edible...i liked the wings though but that would be one pricey meal of wings and again there were maybe 6-8 pieces ( 2 adults) in our bowl so you probably would want more than that for a meal which would again entail getting a waiter :) we had an early adr but waited for about an hr so i think we were seated around 6:45-7.

in hindsight, if you are at all picky about the way your meat is done( admittedly i am) I'd go someplace else. way better food other places imo with out the hassle of tackling the servers.

edited to add
the problem being, it's hard to get your meat how you want it there...maybe ask when you first see your waiter and tell him nothing but med rare...course you may go meatless then but at least you won't break a tooth

evidently we had the "Ohana visit from hades" when we went :lmao:

The6ofUs said:
We went this past December around 7:00 pm and it wasn't too crowded. The meats were fine. The only problem for us was it was a little too loud for us at the end of a busy park day. The children were cute, but the lady constantly blaring through the microphone got old fast. We decided not to make reservations there this time.

Hope this helps!

:rotfl2: if you think she's loud normally, should have seen her when the mic wasn't working and she was yelling at the staff about it...a new disney villan was born that night, scarier than any other i've seen :lmao: ah such a peaceful atmosphere to enjoy dinner in :rolleyes: ( this was a few yrs ago so maybe it's not the same woman)

wdwobsessed said:
We are big meat eaters but I am worried because if the meat at Ohana's is dry we will not eat it. Nothing worse than dry meat.

Could you let me know what your experience was with the meat. Also what time of day did you go and was it busy or slow?

We made 7pm ADR's because I'm thinking if we go when it's busy the meat will be going out faster and not sitting around overcooking and getting dry.

Thanks

WDWO
We were at Ohana in Nov 04. I voted for dry. I was not impressed with the meat at all. It all sort of had the same flavor and way too chewy :sad2:

Forgot to mention the time we ate there. Our ADR was for around 6pm. We waited about an hour to get seated tho :(

Huh! I'm surprised at a lot of comments on this thread. I've never had anything but friendly and attentive service at 'Ohana. The meat can be dry at times, but most of it is juicy and good. The turkey is almost always great, as are the shrimp. Also, I think the new dessert is outstanding; however, I think you can get the pineapple and caramel if you ask for it.

Also, the fried wonton chips appetizer - terrible! (Please bring back the wonton dumplings!)

Tim, who almost always eats twice at 'Ohana every trip!

I made our ADRs today for Ohana on June 2 at 9pm. We want to watch wishes and then hit the EMH at MK. We are all excited to eat there. I have gotten a few tips on what to do to achieve the results I would like.

:banana: We are excited for a new dining experience :banana:

I voted dry but our beef was actually tender, juicy and done medium rare..just the way we like it! I didn't care for the other meats..the pork was okay, but as long as the beef stays the same, Ohana will continue to be one of our favorite restaurants!

Meat was HORRIBLE. But the salad, (appetizers) of wings and shrimp, and sides of potatoes, and veggies were wonderful. Wontons and different sauces were BLEH! Service was indifferent. Family atmosphere was fun. That DRINK (whatever creamy concoction it was!) was really good. Dessert was YUMMY.

Worth it to go once ... but never again. We were there around 6:30-7:00 in the evening.

Steak and shrimp was juicy but the turkey and pork was dry. Not had the sausage. The service I have always found good.

Can you just ask them to not cook it to death?

I will probably try that next time, since I like mine medium rare too.

Have fun! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter