Poll: Should the Poly beach be just for paying Poly users?

Should the Poly beach be for Poly guests only? Fireworks/ELP

• 1. Yes

• 2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from 10 days at the Poly. We saw the fireworks from the beach 3 times. I didn't have to take my shoes off to be able to count the number of people on the beach. I don't see what the issue is.

they need to address the pool situation before the beach. The only time the beach is an issue is 4th of July and they limit access on that day.

I agree, the pool situation is a problem at Poly. I observed a few families coming straight from the boat at MK and going to set up directly at the pool. The pool should be for resort guests only. The beach is not an issue for me, it should be available to all.

I said this before and I will say it again. Part of the problem with those who pool hopp is that DVC members can legally do it when they stay on points, assuming the pool hopping days are not blacked out. Now I am not sure how many DVC members like to swim at the Polynesian, but maybe they should add it to the list of pools they can't swim at and maybe think of giving out wrist bands over there, because that's the only way I see things getting better at the Polynesian pool.

I’ll be honest I didn’t know it was that much of a problem. I hate to say it but we might be one of those people when we visit in September.

We've only been at busy times-- Thanksgiving, Easter.... and never seen anything remotely resembling a crowd. Pool-- fix the problem, Beach-- status quo seems to work fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Except that all of Disneyworld is Disney's private property. So it could never be like the real Hawaii. Disney can determine what will be done and what will be public any place in WDW.

Yes, but Disney can make it as much like the real Hawaii as they want.

That was sort of my point.

It seems like this is a solution in search of a problem that doesn't seem to exist.

I'll confess that we've never watched the fireworks from the Poly beach, whether staying there or not, but it sounds like there are not huge crowds from those who have, so it seems like WDW would be cutting out a beloved benefit and starting down a slippery slope for no major return.

"Wow, I can afford the Poly and shouldn't be bothered by "common folk", ". Sorry but that is how that sounded. Personally, I have stayed deluxe many times and value a few. I personally don't care what any of you do as long as you are kind, courteous and gracious. A smile and a polite hello goes a long way. Don't leave your towels or trash laying around and make sure that if an "apparent" guest of the hotel walks up looking for a spot, offer it to them. If its a senior citizen or differently abled than you, get up and give up your spot.

There was a time when the world didnt need "entitlement" to feel special. That came from within. Maybe we should go back to that.

Nuff said. . .just my two cents. . .

:worship::worship::worship::cheer2::cheer2:

I voted yes. Maybe the poll should include those that actually do pay to stay there and see what they think. I know I don't care for some of the posts I read on here about folks not staying at the Poly saying they are going to get there early to get a hammock. While I don't use the hammocks I do think they should be reserved for guests of that resort. I've been there when the beach is mobbed and even told to give up my chair when they weren't even guests. Sorry, if you want to see fireworks go to the MK. :) I think the real problem lies with the pool area in general. Too many hoppers. I have written management about getting wrist bands there.

I voted yes. I think most people that stay at the Poly would agree. Maybe the poll should include those that actually do pay to stay there and see what they think.

I have paid to stay at the Poly a few times.
Make sure that you don't go to the GF, CR, BC, YC, BW, WL, FW, or any other resorts for a meal if you're not staying there because you might infringe on others who choose to stay at those hotels. I know the lobbies get crowded and forget the monorail. We pay to stay there and have to wait because of all of those who don't pay to stay but do want to have a meal.;)

I have paid to stay at the Poly a few times.
Make sure that you don't go to the GF, CR, BC, YC, BW, WL, FW, or any other resorts for a meal if you're not staying there because you might infringe on others who choose to stay at those hotels. I know the lobbies get crowded and forget the monorail. We pay to stay there and have to wait because of all of those who don't pay to stay but do want to have a meal.;)

Well, we don't go to other resorts to sit on the beaches and take up space. Restaurants anywhere are fine but I do believe the beach areas of any resorts should be for those resort guests only. I dop't think the question was about restaurants but about beaches. :)

From what I've been reading there's really only a problem one day of the, 4th of July. Imagine that? I don't go during busy times and have never been to the beach to watch Wishes. I was going to once, but hurricane Wilma prevented that. OP was your friend there during the 4th? If so, that's why there was a crowd. Now, I doubt I ever will since apparently 'some' people think the beach belongs only to those staying at the Poly. Not my kind of crowd. Besides, I'll take my spot on the bridge to Tomorrowland and watch Tink fly over my head for that added magical pixie dust.

The problem with keeping people from the beach, a public area btw, is where does Disney draw the line? Transportation, which is used by all who have tickets, ADR's, carriage rides? This would be a nightmare to monitor.

I believe that the people there to eat at one of the restaurants have a right to look over the grounds and or shop; including staying for the fireworks on the beach. As long as they are not trying to pool hop using eating there as an excuse.

Well, we don't go to other resorts to sit on the beaches and take up space. Restaurants anywhere are fine but I do believe the beach areas of any resorts should be for those resort guests only. I dop't think the question was about restaurants but about beaches. :)

The Disney policy is the beaches are open to the public as are the restaurants and shops. I was pointing out that closing the beaches to only the paying guests would be like closing the resort restaurants to everyone but those paying to stay at the particular resort.

I was pointing out that closing the beaches to only the paying guests would be like closing the resort restaurants to everyone but those paying to stay at the particular resort.

Not sure how that comparison can be made. beaches/pools & restaurants are 2 different things. :confused3

Not sure how that comparison can be made. beaches/pools & restaurants are 2 different things. :confused3

Both the beaches and the restaurants in the thread are located in particular resorts. Some want to limit access to the Poly beach because they're paying to stay there. The point is then why wouldn't people staying at other resorts think that the restaurants specific to their resort should be limited to guests paying to stay in those resorts. The topic has been brought up before because, for example, someone staying at the GF wasn't able to get a reservation to 1900 Park Fare. This person felt that since they were paying to stay at the GF their request to dine should supercede the request of someone not paying to stay there and so reservations at the restaurant should be limited to GF guests only.

As I've posted, I've paid to stay there multiple times and I've also visited the beach once for fireworks when I wasn't staying there.

I have never seen it crowded, as I said, including Christmas week. I have not visited on 4th of July, and I'm sure there would be bigger crowds that day.

Like the PP said - sounds like a solution in need of a problem. The crowds at the beach at the Poly are not really a problem 99% of the time.

"Wow, I can afford the Poly and shouldn't be bothered by "common folk", ". Sorry but that is how that sounded. Personally, I have stayed deluxe many times and value a few. I personally don't care what any of you do as long as you are kind, courteous and gracious. A smile and a polite hello goes a long way. Don't leave your towels or trash laying around and make sure that if an "apparent" guest of the hotel walks up looking for a spot, offer it to them. If its a senior citizen or differently abled than you, get up and give up your spot.

There was a time when the world didnt need "entitlement" to feel special. That came from within. Maybe we should go back to that.

Nuff said. . .just my two cents. . .

^ LUV-ing this post !!! :smickey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter