Poll on buying VAKL

Would you buy VAKL if that is what is announced?

• Absolutely would buy there

• might buy there

• probably wont buy there

• Absolutely will NOT buy there

Results are only viewable after voting.
dianeschlicht said:
As far as I know, the cost offset would be for unit maintenance only and a small share of total resort common maintenance. That does mean transportation and a portion of the grounds and lobby maintenance. Much as it is for the other DVC resorts that are connected to an existing resort.

Understood, but I guess my concern was that these resorts, specifically, would have 'higher than average' dues as none of the other DVC's currently have Monorail's or Savannah's to support. Even if it was only a small portion of the whole, it's a small portion that the others don't have to deal with.

Thinking out loud: BCV has SAB to maintain, and BWV has the boardwalk to maintain ... maybe it won't be out of line afterall ? :confused3

dianeschlicht said:
Things are evening out a bit now. I'll keep bumping these polls through the weekend.

If nothing else, it shows there is pretty even demand for both resorts ... ;)

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Definetly would love to buy points at VAKL as long as the rooms overlook the Savanna. I love waking up early to watch the animals grazing...its so peaceful. We also love to sit near the outside fire pits and take in the atmosphere {we've only been there in the Fall so not sure what they do in the warmer months}

jdg345 said:
If nothing else, it shows there is pretty even demand for both resorts ... ;)

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Actually, that's not quite true. There are 20 more voters on the VAKL poll than on the CRV poll, and more than 54% of the VAKL responders have a positive response while the CRV poll is exactly 50/50.

If I have a Savannah view then I am buying. I will have to sell some other points to do this as I already have extra points. (I know those 50 HH points are gone, now do I sell SSR or OKW????)

UPDATE:

CRV
Total votes = 164
Total of Both Positive Votes = 81 = 49.40%
Total of Both Negative Votes = 83 = 50.60%

VAKL
Total votes = 184
Total of Both Positive Votes = 100 = 54.35%
Total of Both Negative Votes = 84 = 45.65%

Right now we only own at the Wilderness Lodge and absolutely love the theming. I also love the entire theming of AKL, so I would definately would buy!!

dianeschlicht said:
Actually, that's not quite true. There are 20 more voters on the VAKL poll than on the CRV poll, and more than 54% of the VAKL responders have a positive response while the CRV poll is exactly 50/50.

I dunno ... I still see that as pretty close ... considering the DIS probably isn't the best random sampling. ;)

I put 'might'.

As others have said, depends on cost/incentives. We don't really need more points but if a Savannah view is guaranteed then the 11 month window would be key. That would probably be the straw that pushes us.

DH and I were just talking about this. For the MK, VWL wins for both of us, no Contemporary resort for us. The AK lodge would be out of the way, but a savannah view would clinch the deal. It would be an add on, not a trade off, probably not more than 150 points.

Bobbi :sunny:

if they opened up akl for DVC as we just recently bought into VWL. AKL is his favorite resort 10 times - regardless if we get savannah view or not (have had it and not had it). He loves the smell when you first walk in and Boma is his favorite breakfast. I think if they add AKL we may try and get some points there - but not sure yet.

Probably not. But we would definitely stay there. I love the theming and restaurants at AKL but I think an add on would be at one of the Epcot area resorts for ease of access to the parks.

We love AKL and so hope this really comes to pass!! We've had two cash visits there while owning DVC and really enjoy it. Our kids love it too. A favorite resort with a whole DVC villa to spread out it would be sooooo awesome!!!

And although I said we "might" purchase CRV I voted for a "definite" yes to VAKL.

Any rumors or thoughts on when these projects might be officially announced?

Years ago we looked into buying a DVC but their locations did not interest me.

I told DH we should buy into DVC if and only if a DVC is built with access to the monorail.

No. I would buy a DVC at AKL but if they build a DVC at the Contemporary please count me in!

UPDATE:

CRV
Total votes = 218
Total of Both Positive Votes = 104 = 47.71%
Total of Both Negative Votes = 114 = 52.29%

VAKL
Total votes = 228
Total of Both Positive Votes = 122 = 53.51%
Total of Both Negative Votes = 106 = 46.49%

I just got back today and a CM confirmed the plans to move ahead with AKV, to commandeer 18 rooms on the sixth floor for DVC viewings and offices, and to extend a savannah so that it wraps around the new building.

My husband and I were previous DVC owners and are considering buying back in. We would NOT buy at Animal Kingdom Lodge, mostly because we feel it is too far removed from the rest of the parks/attractions -- except Animal Kingdom, of course!!

242 votes:
131 yes or maybe (54.13%)
111 negetive (45.87%)
Looks like VAKL is winning by less than a 4-5 % margin over CRV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter