• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: How many DIS are willing to pay to play Wizard101?

Will you pay to play Wizard 101?

• Yes, $9.95/month is reasonable

• No, $9.95/month is too much

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is what was posted on the Wizard101 Central Web site by Professor Greyrose:

School is officially in Session!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KingsIsle Entertainment is very happy to announce the launch of our first title, Wizard101.

To celebrate, we are offering a 1-year subscription for only $60! That’s a 50% savings off the monthly subscription rate! This offer will only be available until Monday, Sept. 8th. Subscribing will also give you access to text chat, posting on the forums, getting more powerful equipment/clothing/pets, and teleporting anywhere to friends and family.

Subscriptions will be $9.95/month, $49.95/6 months, or $79.95/ year.

See you in Wizard City!

I didn't see anything in regards to that either way...

It did say when you subcribe you would be given access to open chat, equiptment (pet and clothes etc) upgrades and a few other things that are slipping my mind atm.

They rearranged the forums too. They added sub forums for each of the areas.

This was only up for a few minutes this morning. I am willing to bet when i comes back up we will be able to subcribe.

This is what was posted on the Wizard101 Central Web site by Professor Greyrose:

School is officially in Session!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KingsIsle Entertainment is very happy to announce the launch of our first title, Wizard101.

To celebrate, we are offering a 1-year subscription for only $60! That’s a 50% savings off the monthly subscription rate! This offer will only be available until Monday, Sept. 8th. Subscribing will also give you access to text chat, posting on the forums, getting more powerful equipment/clothing/pets, and teleporting anywhere to friends and family.

Subscriptions will be $9.95/month, $49.95/6 months, or $79.95/ year.

See you in Wizard City!

I didn't see anything in regards to that either way...

It did say when you subcribe you would be given access to open chat, equiptment (pet and clothes etc) upgrades and a few other things that are slipping my mind atm.

They rearranged the forums too. They added sub forums for each of the areas.

This was only up for a few minutes this morning. I am willing to bet when i comes back up we will be able to subcribe.

Thanks for that info HappyGoLucky :)

hmmm well the regular price is right in line with what they were saying before with 2 accounts so perhaps you wont need to purchase 2 different packages Candlz
:banana:

Guess we sit and wait for more info huh? popcorn::

The reason I would pay to play Wizard 101 over Toontown is because after all these years, TT still has so many issues. The customer services stinks whereas so far Wizard 101 has been great. I finally had to report TT to the Better Business Bureau after a year of trying to get an issue resolved. Funny how it was resolved the following week. I currently have two active TT accounts that I haven't used since the announcement that VMK was closing and I will be cancelling them when the year is up.

I think you just may have had some bad luck. I've experienced that the TT customer service reps are extremely nice, and I've certainly have my share of problems.

(Lets' remember the three P's of Customer Service:
-Patience
-Parlay
-Punderstanding)

If that $60 for one year rate is up, I probably will give it a year, but I don't think I would go beyond the year for more than that.

I would not pay for a years subscription. Look at Pirates. People can pay for a year's subscription and finish the game in less than half a year. Wizard 101 is even smaller than POTCO and I bet that some people will finish the main game in two months. Then what?

I would not pay for a years subscription. Look at Pirates. People can pay for a year's subscription and finish the game in less than half a year. Wizard 101 is even smaller than POTCO and I bet that some people will finish the main game in two months. Then what?

How is that different than spending $60 on a WII game and being done is a month and then what...

In other news, LOL

Everything is up and you can not move past wizard city if you do not subscribe... which you can not do right now, lol

According to the Wizard 101 subscription site players with a paid subscription are able to access the following areas:

Wizard City (15 areas)
Krokotopia (17 Areas)
Marleybone (10 Areas)
Moo Shu (12 Areas)
Dragonspyre (12 Areas)
Future Worlds

The reduced price of the 1 year subscription interests me, however I am hesitant to purchase because I have already advanced to Krokotopia, and there just isn't a years worth of game content even if they add additional worlds.

I would probably be done, like you said, in a couple months. I can't imagine paying $80/year even $60/year for this game. I didn't even pay for a full year of Pirates. There truly isn't any continuation value...you will reach a level...and end....and I would probably finish the game, in its entirety, within 2-3 months.

Then what? Make another to fight the dark fairies and deal with the horrible street fights in Marleybone. I really don't think that I something I would ever do.

I am actually redoing this avatar out of necessity only. I have this OCD thing that compels me to complete a task in full. Getting to Mooshu and not completing the game before the wipe is upsetting to me. I wish to complete this game.

It is the same drive that I had to complete my pirate avatar. And the same 'task complete' feeling that has allowed me to walk away from POTCO without logging in again will be that same feeling I will have when I walk away from Wizard101 and begin my search for a new game.

Once again I could invoke the VMK reputation of the never-ending, never-expiring, always fun game...but that just depresses me over my peach yogurt and bagel. So... I won't.

How is that different than spending $60 on a WII game and being done is a month and then what...

In other news, LOL

Everything is up and you can not move past wizard city if you do not subscribe... which you can not do right now, lol

I was just checking it out, I would write them and ask if you get 2 accounts for a subscription, they had given out some info about that previously.

I am most likely going to go ahead with a year subscription, I have really enjoyed it to the point that I feel I already got $60 worth of entertainment out of it and I never have been beyond Krok ROFL

I have a few questions I want to send them before I commit.

My hubby and I will be subscribing. As this is the first game every we have enjoyed playing together. And the $60.00 for the year is an excellent offer.

So nice to have him help me in the game and vise versa. He never liked VMK much so this is a definate for us :)

I was just checking it out, I would write them and ask if you get 2 accounts for a subscription, they had given out some info about that previously.

I wrote and asked. I will let you know.

I wish they had given us a few days notice here.... I am totally stuck until Thurseday...

I have 2 log-ins associated with my 1 email address.
When I go to the update window I am charged for 2 x the price.
So 1 month is $19.90 or 1 year is $120.

There will not be any discount for 'family' accounts apparently.

Well I went to sign up and it will not accept my Canadian postal code. Very bad slip up I would think or is this only for Americans? So I could not subscribe. How can they mess that up?

I hope I am not waiting forever for a response.

Ah, well. So much for getting to Krok before the launch.

Now to see what kind of limitations they have put on free accounts.

Well I went to sign up and it will not accept my Canadian postal code. Very bad slip up I would think or is this only for Americans? So I could not subscribe. How can they mess that up?

I hope I am not waiting forever for a response.

Maybe they have read this post on the Canadian MSN...We are ALL Americans!! Haha...

Sorry, though, hope they fix that for you!

Ah, well. So much for getting to Krok before the launch.

Now to see what kind of limitations they have put on free accounts.

it appears to be more a trial rather than any kind of viable playing option. You can see the options at the main website.

Even though I completely plan on becoming a subscriber, I feel a couple negatives need to be expressed.

#1 Maybe we were naive but they never made the free option sound like just a game trial in the past. They made it sound like you just wouldn't have access to some of the things subscribers would have.

#2 Wheres the communication? Everyone would not have a problem when you are up front about these things. MMOG's need to learn their worlds create a community and it becomes more than just a game. Turning off areas to people over night without warning was not in good taste. Or did I miss some announcement??

As I have pointed out, there are many positives in this game, I intend to continue playing as a subscriber. There will be no hug fest from me when they screw up @_@ and they screwed this up.

Belle I hope they straighten out your situation soon

Maybe they have read this post on the Canadian MSN...We are ALL Americans!! Haha...

Sorry, though, hope they fix that for you!

Ha ha like we do not know that:rotfl2: We are one big North American Family.

Ok I tried to call and got voice mail so have no idea if that will even be listened too. Has anyone registered and got a direct billing number or customer service number thanks.

I was going to buy crowns more on impulse so now I had time to think about it and nope no crowns for you. Thanks for saving me some money.

But I think for the inconvience and having to leave 2 long distant telephone calls in prime time I should get crowns for free :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter