POLL: How many DIS are willing to pay to play Wizard101?

Will you pay to play Wizard 101?

• Yes, $9.95/month is reasonable

• No, $9.95/month is too much

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out of all the changes they have made, this is the only one that fries me.

At least those of us over 13 who opted not to subscribe could still have enjoyed chatting with our friends in game. I can't think of a more solid line they could have drawn to split the community.

OK about the message problem for the free accounts - I will contact my "reliable source" and see if this is one of the things they are fixing - along with poor Canada! They are going great guns on Canada!:thumbsup2

Maybe we could annex Canada to solve the problem?

I'm kidding Canadians gosh... chill out already :rotfl:

but its ham not bacon i dont care what you say!!!!

I had voted undecided, but then decided to join up. I enjoy this game very much.

Here is the new improved Rowan DeathDreamer:

RowanDeathDreamer9208.jpg

Fly:hippie:

Add me to the group.
On another issue with the free accounts. Regardless of whether or not you can still level up, if you are a Balance or Death wizard, you can't access your schools to train for new spells. Meet Fiona Green, Balance/Death wizard....lost without her teachers to guide her.
If I am not mistaken even though you can not access your schools and teachers :sad1: , you can get spells from the school representatives in Ravenswood.:worship:

P.S. This is BobRichmond typing.

Hugs girl!! :hug: I hear you. We can form the group of the "Dis Unchattable Wizards". :hug:
Add me to the group.
Aww, good to know we can band together! Maybe those of us on Dis can pick a chat-speak word or phrase to recognize each other by in game. :)
On another issue with the free accounts. Regardless of whether or not you can still level up, if you are a Balance or Death wizard, you can't access your schools to train for new spells. Meet Fiona Green, Balance/Death wizard....lost without her teachers to guide her.
Hopefully, you should be able to train for Balance with Arthur Wetherfield and Death with Malorn Ashthorn in Ravenwood, as BobRichmond said. (But yeah, it stinks not having access to the official "house" for your school.)

Hi All!

Sigh... At first I didn't get a beta invite. Then I did and I was not looking for a game to learn at the time. Then I decided to pop on one day just to check it out and turned out it was the last day of beta. I played for hours, as I really liked it! Now I can't get to places... was just figuring everything out... can't talk to people to learn due to restricted chat... and not hooked enough to know if i want to kick out $60. It's pretty restricted for new players to figure out if it's worth the cash. Hmm... what to do?

Does the game keep you going for a while? My concern (coupled with some comments read here) is that the fascination wears out once you level up high enough. Thoughts?

Hi All!

Sigh... At first I didn't get a beta invite. Then I did and I was not looking for a game to learn at the time. Then I decided to pop on one day just to check it out and turned out it was the last day of beta. I played for hours, as I really liked it! Now I can't get to places... was just figuring everything out... can't talk to people to learn due to restricted chat... and not hooked enough to know if i want to kick out $60. It's pretty restricted for new players to figure out if it's worth the cash. Hmm... what to do?

Does the game keep you going for a while? My concern (coupled with some comments read here) is that the fascination wears out once you level up high enough. Thoughts?
I think those who opted to subscribe did so based on a lot of experience. All of us who played in the beta have solid information to go by, but for the life of me, I don't see how they expect new players to decide based on the limited game options available to them now.

If you don't mind "grinding", if you are a completest, if running long distances through the same dangerous streets over and over doesn't put you off, this could be your cup of tea. In a sense, you'd actually be getting more for your money than those who have to cover the same ground over again before getting to any new content.

There were times when I just about reached my saturation point with the beta. Leveling up to get more spells, to do more quests, to do more leveling up..... When I started feeling a little crazy it helped to take it in shorter chunks of time. One thing's for sure; the higher you level up, the bigger the challenges become. There's always new card strategies to learn. Be prepared for some quests that have to be completed in a single, long unbroken session, (at least one or two hours) and usually require a group effort.

Although it's possible to solo a good portion of the battles, teaming up with other players can be a lot of fun.

I think those who opted to subscribe did so based on a lot of experience. All of us who played in the beta have solid information to go by, but for the life of me, I don't see how they expect new players to decide based on the limited game options available to them now.

I agree, I really think open chat (for over 13) and they should unlock all of wizard city. I think people need to really see what it's all about. I don't think they should be afraid to show the game off as it really is addicting and well thought out.

Hi All!

I have been playing since the beginning of June. I am addicted to this game since the beginning. And i joined for a year. Right now, my interest has diminished a little, but i think it has to do more with starting from scratch again than a real lost of interest.

I can't wait to get back to Mooshu and finally make it to Dragonspyer (or spelling is probably wrong lol).

Maybe we could annex Canada to solve the problem?

I'm kidding Canadians gosh... chill out already :rotfl:

but its ham not bacon i dont care what you say!!!!

:rotfl2: Well I know a lot of Canadians that would like to be annex oh wait yes we are a separate country and our flag is the Maple leaf not the Stars and Stripes. You would wonder since all the shows we watch come from the USA. And most of our department stores are from the USA. Heck we probably know all the words to the Amercian National Anthem since all the baseball and football we watch.

No it is bacon, well back bacon is closer to ham I think.

All international players can now join. Hubby and I did last night and played a few hours together.

I am sad my Destiny will not play with me. I managed to get 2 characters all through Wizard City and see has been left behind. :(

But for $60.00 for one year I think it is a great price. That is $5.00 a month. Not much you can do on quality entertainment :)

I am also sad the closed off chat option for non paying members that is not a bright move. because if some were not sure this could turn them right off.

Hi All!

First thing you need to do is run over to Zeke in Olde Town if you haven't already and get that "special addition" dragon. I think today is the last day for that.

My daughter and I have been playing since June. We play almost every day and love it. I haven't subscribed yet but probably will. When VMK was closing, she found one of her best friends from that game on You Tube and this girl plays Wizards as well. One of my deciding factors may be whether or not this girl will continue to play.

I do think they should expand the free area a bit more. Unicorn Way is just a learning street. The challenges start in the other streets and I think if players aren't challenged, they will stop playing.

The game has kept our interest. You always want to see what the next quest will bring and what is around the next corner. Also, after playing for awhile, I have realized that there is a lot a strategy involved. Which shield do I use, which card, etc.

My husband who is not into computer games at all made a wizard and said that he liked the game. I think mountains moved somewhere when he said this. He probably won't play a lot mainly because my daughter and I hog the better computers but he tried it and liked it!

I did wind up signing up for a year. In my mind, I had decided that if they offered a six month rate for under $50, I would give it six months. For $10 more, I'm getting a whole year.

I'm glad that many of my DIS friends have signed up, but I'm sad that many others have decided not to sign up, or are unable to sign up. I really wish they would open up more of Wizard City to everyone so we have more places to hang out.

:rotfl2:
But for $60.00 for one year I think it is a great price. That is $5.00 a month.

I agree $60.00 for one year is a great price. I have signed up for 1 year.

I am not planning on going back to WDW until next August, so the money I'm saving on frozen margaritas :drinking1 will pay for Wizards. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, I did it. I don't know if I feel guilty or ecstatic. My husband encouraged me, said the year subscription price sounded like a good deal to him. It is not like me to spend money on something that is just for me, especially just entertainment. And this will be twice in the last couple weeks (also joined a gym). May have to get a job to pay for all this wild spending, LOL.
Anyways, for now I'll continue with Grace SilverRiver (ice), see you in the game!

I am not planning on going back to WDW until next August, so the money I'm saving on frozen margaritas :drinking1 will pay for Wizards. :rotfl: :rotfl:

WOOT! Margaritas!

Well, I did it. I don't know if I feel guilty or ecstatic. My husband encouraged me, said the year subscription price sounded like a good deal to him. It is not like me to spend money on something that is just for me, especially just entertainment. And this will be twice in the last couple weeks (also joined a gym). May have to get a job to pay for all this wild spending, LOL.
Anyways, for now I'll continue with Grace SilverRiver (ice), see you in the game!

HAH! You got this all wrong, you will be far to busy wizarding @_@ HE will have to get another job to pay for this. I have already put my wife on notice to start looking :thumbsup2

I did wind up signing up for a year. In my mind, I had decided that if they offered a six month rate for under $50, I would give it six months. For $10 more, I'm getting a whole year.

I'm glad that many of my DIS friends have signed up, but I'm sad that many others have decided not to sign up, or are unable to sign up. I really wish they would open up more of Wizard City to everyone so we have more places to hang out.

Agreed. I'm sad that they have locked chat, too. :(

This might be a terrible analogy but it is starting to feel like a party that not all my friends have been invited to. I want all my friends to be able to participate. Before the last wipe, I had many Dis members on my list as well as other players whom I really had fun with. Many dis players are way ahead of me so we probably won't be playing a lot at least on the same quests. I was getting random friend requests yesterday and it seemed like as soon as I didn't want to do what they wanted to do, they would delete me. I am really starting to have second thougths now. :sad2:

This might be a terrible analogy but it is starting to feel like a party that not all my friends have been invited to. I want all my friends to be able to participate. Before the last wipe, I had many Dis members on my list as well as other players whom I really had fun with. Many dis players are way ahead of me so we probably won't be playing a lot at least on the same quests. I was getting random friend requests yesterday and it seemed like as soon as I didn't want to do what they wanted to do, they would delete me. I am really starting to have second thougths now. :sad2:

You just have to get more DISers on your list :) I find that most DISers are willing to spend time helping others--I spent most of the weekend playing with various DISers. I've had quite a few people who have redone parts of quests to help me, or even just to hang out and battle together.

:banana: :banana: :banana: yeah I was thinking all day today I hope Gold signs up cause we make good teammates and I miss you already oh happy day :) :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh and going to the gym is not entertainment. It is for your physical health.You'll be a much better mom and wife if being in good physical condition. Wizards is for you mental health :) What better to do than get on the game after a aweful day and blast the evil beasties :)

As of right now, myself and Krystal will not be doing a subscription. We figured we would save the $60 and put it on our October vacation to Orlando and then after our darkside trip, pay a month to see how many people are still around and playing in the upper areas. Before the pay was put in place, I had finished with Hyde Park in Marleybone and was working towards the other areas. So until then, you will see the mute sharply dressed Sean Lifegiver running around killing Unicorn Way mobs for the badges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter