Poll: Have you changed your plans?

Have your travel plans changed because of the Antigen test option?

• No, changes have no impact on our travel plans

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • We are now travelling because of the Antigen test option

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • We are now travelling because our children under 12 can return to school/activities right away

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • We are now NOT travelling because a negative test is still required

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • We are NOT going because of BOTH no mask mandates and negative test requirement

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
Just curious if and how the Antigen test option has affected your travel plans.

If so, has it helped you decide Yes, we're going, or No, there's still too much risk getting back home?

Has Disney's/Universal's recent announcements of dropping all mask mandates for fully vaxxed influenced this decision at all - with the premise that dropping the mask mandates increases the risks of getting a positive test and having to extend your trip.

We just made tentative (everything seems tentative these days in terms of travel!) to go away in July. AirBnB balance (and cancellation is up to) is due in May so very much hoping testing requirements are dropped by May. Not sure what we will do if they are not - we are driving (to Cape Cod). I really want to go away and am just so tired of not going anywhere or doing anything so I think we may just travel anyways.

This change has not effected our plans… we were there the day they shut down in March 2020.. 2 cancelled trips since and a bunch bunch of DVC points to use.. we were going this April no matter what (as long as we were able to drive cross the border) we will deal with whatever tests will be required at that time

No change for us. Lost 2 March breaks and don't want to lose a third....and then only one left next year with our son who will be off to university. So the plan is to still go (a cruise for us) as long as we stay covid free until then.

The change doesn't help us much (except save a few dollars). We are driving to and from port so was hoping to be able to cross back if one of us should test positive, but looks like we still need to quarantine in the US (this is my biggest beef - especially as i am worried I will be left alone in the US to avoid a domino affect of us getting positive at different times).

It helped solidify our decision to go - the switch health antigen tests cost a lot less and mean I can do it from our hotel room. Also since they’re less sensitive I won’t worry about a past prior infection popping up. Maybe even more impactful than the testing for us though, was dropping the avoid non essential travel advisory. I felt a bit squirmish going with that in place - I am such a rule follower!

We aren't changing our March Break plans because we also have proof of past infection which exempts us from testing for another few months. We are making plans to travel this summer, though we haven't committed to anything nonrefundable yet, but I feel good about it and I really do believe all testing-for-travel requirements will be gone by then. We are also very early stages talking about traveling the week before Christmas, and those plans are the ones I feel least certain about. My gut feel is that summer travel will be possible for the next few years, but I wouldn't be surprised if testing-for-travel comes back during seasonal waves of covid into the future. We have work and school to worry about, so it's not an option for us to get stuck someplace for longer than originally planned. If I weren't on those deadlines though, I would be traveling again for sure.

We have decided we will reschedule our March break WDW trip. Mainly due to the risk of one or more of us having a positive test and being stuck down there. DH and I could possibly work remotely but our teens can’t afford to miss any school, especially the one graduating in June. The announcement yesterday re: mask mandate made our decision slightly easier. I haven’t cancelled anything yet, but we will plan for a summer trip somewhere, might not be WDW anymore, could instead be Hawaii, for my DD’s high school grad/my overdue 20th wedding anniversary trip, but we will see.

No change here yet. We don't travel till end of March and return early April so kinda hoping testing will be gone by then 🤞🏻

As for the fine if returning positive, my DH read somewhere that because they lowered the travel advisory its more likely they will not be fining people. We live fairly close to a border and have a solid quarantine plan, so hopefully they will let us through.

We can always look into buying covid insurance also from Manulife.

Worse case we'll postpone our trip till the early fall. 🤷‍♀️

We are still going to go end of April. We all had Covid in January so I was worried a pcr test might still pick up, so I am less worried with the RAT. Don’t have official docs from our pos tests unfortunately since they were not doing pcr at the time here and a private test would be $250.
Will take a gamble I guess. We return may 7 so I am hoping by then even the RaT is gone though!

i just booked Universal for August. Hopefully by then we won’t have to test. I’m driving across the border to Seattle for flight. Don’t have to test driving across US border so one less test anyway. Maybe by August we won’t have to test returning.

The Antigen test has made no difference for travel for us. We’ll still go to Walgreens and do the free Rapid ID NAAT test.

To be safe we’ll still use masks in line queues and rides depending on seating And in crowded areas.

Until we're confident we wouldn't get stuck by testing positive, we won't be traveling outside of Canada. Still too much risk for our family.

We were leaving our spring break plans until this announcement came out but we have ultimately decided to just do a staycation in downtown Vancouver for a couple of nights at a Fairmont using a BC residents rate. We have a Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska booked for the end of July which looks to definitely be sailing so we will save our $$ as the excursions are quite pricey. If they bring back the 72hr exemption to testing by spring break then we will pop over the border for a night or two as well to do some shopping and such down in Seattle. But otherwise we'll be staying in BC. And I need to renew my 13 year olds passport as it expires in May and since the offices are still not open (unless your travel is within 25 business days) my plan is to get it sent off in the mail before the end of March.

We are going no matter what (driving) - the antigen test will make our trip less stressful, that's for sure. But we were determined to go either way. This is our oldest daughter's last year before college. If we don't go now, there may never be another opportunity as a family.

We are going no matter what (driving) - the antigen test will make our trip less stressful, that's for sure. But we were determined to go either way. This is our oldest daughter's last year before college. If we don't go now, there may never be another opportunity as a family.

I am in the exact same boat with our oldest in grade 12 but we are flying from Canada unfortunately and I don't know if I can risk extending the trip. However, if we don't go, I don't know when we'll get the chance again as a family of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter