Poll for DDP users

Do you purchase (or plan on purchasing) a refillable resort mug when on the DDP?

• Yes

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

aristocat

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how many people on the dining plan purchase the refillable resort mugs...

Haven't gotten there yet, but I fully intend to buy a mug when I arrive.

I sure do wish they still had the resort specific ones though ... :sad1:

I know when you eat a CS at the resort your drink comes with the meal so it seems strange...but I never buy breakfast at the resort I take Weight Watcher muffins, pick up a piece of fruit and fill my mug with coffee. DH and DD get breakfast at the resort and don't bother with their mugs in the morning. But when we go to the pool or come back from the parks we love to fill up them up with soda.

We just returned from an 8 day trip, and we used both the DDP and purchased two refillable mugs. The mugs were a good value for us. The weather was warm, and we grabbed drinks whenever we went to the pool, were on our way to the parks, or in the morning for coffee. Plus, if we decided to bring mugs to our counter service meals at the WL (which we ate many), we could grab bottles of water to stash in the fridge, so the drinks did not go to waste.:thumbsup2. Have a great trip! With our without mugs, you'll have a blast, and eat more food than you could have ever imagined. For our family, the DDP was of great value, and allowed us to get the most expensive items on the menu without a care regarding the final bill. We also found that service was top notch, and at places where we felt we got a bit extra, we gave a bit extra in the tip, even though gratuity is included in the dining plan.

We just got back on Tuesday and we were on the DP. We did purchase the mugs. We had a CS dinner at Pop twice. So for the drink we got a milk. We brought the milk back to the room and put it on ice to use for breakfast. (we brought cereal)

Not sure yet because I want to see what they look like. I have bought one on each of my last two trips when staying at POP though. Just a nice way to remember the places we have stayed.

We do, but we very rarely eat meals at our own resort. We don't eat breakfast and we have dinner at whatever park/resort we're at in the evening. So most of the food we get at our resort is snacks, morning or late evening, and the refillable mug comes in handy for that. And in the evening, I fill my mug with tea without any ice, and pour it over ice in the room. That way it lasts through the night and I don't end up drinking the icky Orlando tap water.

I have always purchased a mug. My travel companion didn't last year for a 4 night stay and ended up spending the amount over the 4 days on drinks. It pays for me. I fill up when we check in and everytime I head to the bus or back to my room from the bus. We go back for a mid-day rest so I usually fill up at least 4 times a day so it pays for me!

I did not buy one because I found it much easier to have room service bring me a drink then walk all the way down to the place to get a drink.

Sarah

No, We're not a the resort much so don't see that it's worth the extra dollars for us.

I purchase the mugs because i drink my coffee out of it every morning! I makes me think I'm sitting on the balcony of the AKL. Only I'm at my computer and well I'm watching a different kind of animal... KIDS!

We always get the mugs. When we get to the resort my DW onpacks and I run for the mugs. 2 coffee's in the mornng and a few sodas late night more the pay off the mugs. I use the mugs on my drive to work every day with coffee and have a mug at work for coffee. Just got off the front porch ME and DW had are early morning coffee with the resort mugs. Have a collection of about 20 and will be adding 2 more Sept. 21 thru 30.:)
26 days and counting till POP. :hippie: :cool1:

:thumbsup2

I said yes because my POR mugs are running out and I need more for work, as I take it to work with tea in it everyday. We didn't buy any last year while on the DDP and we didn't miss them at all. We plan on using the DDP this year also. I'm just hoping the POR mugs are still there and not the YOAMD?????

Yes! Refillable mugs are part of our tradition - I would feel like we were missing out on something without them :goodvibes . My DH goes down to the food court with them each morning and brings back hot chocolate for the kids and usually muffins or croissants for breakfast. Then, we can eat and get ready for the day in the room. Can't wait - Only 11 days until we'll be filling up our own mugs - its the first thing we buy!!!

The mugs are part of our tradition, too, and they make for great souveniers and I enjoy drinking my morning Starbucks out of them. I've not been since March of this year when the resort I was at (CSR) still had resort specific mugs so I'm very hopeful that they go back to resort specific.

Nope. We don't stick around the hotel much, so they end up being a waste for us. If we get something to drink in the morning, then we either have to bring the cups back to the room, or bring them with us to the parks. We use our DDP for lunch and dinner at the parks, so we don't need the mugs for those meals either. We are able to drive to WDW, so we bring an ice chest full of water, milk, juice, diet soda instead.

We used to get them, but no longer. The only convienent time to use them was when we were at the pool. I just don't want to have to carry around a mug all day after breakfast or need to trek back to the room to drop it off before heading out. And even to use them after we're back for the night, you need to go to the room and get the mug first...more trekking back and forth.

What I would love to see is a "mug card" that you could swipe at the register to show you paid for a mug, and use that to get a beverage in a disposible cup so you could take it with you to wherever you were headed for the day or on your way back to your room for the night. Maybe they could encode it on your KTTW card even.

Another added disincentive for me is that they are not doing resort specific mugs anymore. :(

Just wondering how many people on the dining plan purchase the refillable resort mugs...

On my first trip I didn't... I honestly didn't really need it. It is enough for me to use snack credits or pay OOP if I needed an extra drink (which wasn't often).

The last trip I did get one and I really got a lot of use out of it. I often went to the Mara for breakfast, I would fill up my mug with coffee, then grab a bottled water or Powerade to take with me to the parks as my DDP beverage. I also used the mug each night to get hot chocolate to take to the pool for my evening ritual (Max and I would sip hot chocolate, swim, relax in the hot tub, then go check out the night vision animal viewings before heading off to bed). It was great and although I didn't need the mug, it was nice to have.

I'm going to get one. I'm a big Diet Coke drinker, and it's going to be especially useful to have that mug since my mom and I are going to be splitting breakfast every day at the resort. That way she can have the included drink, and I can have my Diet Coke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter