Poll: Favorite Resort and Why?

kbratich

Earning My Ears
I've stayed at the Grand Floridian, All-Star Movies and All-Star Sports. For my 4th trip I'm trying to decide where to stay. I'd like to stay at least once at every resort. I thought a poll would be a good idea for me to get ideas from everyone else. So where was your favorite place to stay and why? ::MinnieMo

We just returned from our 8th trip to CSR and we still love it just as much as our first time back in 1998. CSR is definitely our favorite resort!!

THE PROS
No sharing bus service with other resorts
Centrally located with short rides to the parks and Blizzard Beach
Largest hot tub on WDW property - holds 22
Best main pool area (of the mods) with 3 quiet pools
New shuttle service eliminates long walks to any of the villages
High speed internet service
WiFi avaiable as well
Free use of the gym
Spa
Fridge in the room
Coffeemaker in the room
Iron and ironing board
full room service menu
2 arcades
beautifully landscaped
central air, not a noisey wall unit

THE CONS
Full size beds (kings size beds are available)
one sink

IN THE MIDDLE
The Pepper Market is either a love it or hate it place. We love it but some folks just don't care for it.

Convention resort - some guests don't like seeing other guests at work. Doesn't bother us and helps keep the buses empty. GF, Cont, BW, Y & B Club are also convention resorts.

Check out my website below

in my disney staying life i have stayed at POR...WL...POP...ASMU.
i really love POR...with WL a VERY close second.

the next trip we are planning (yes we just got back and we already picked a date to go back!) we are highly concidering staying at BEACH CLUB or POFQ. its a toss-up...maybe stay at POFQ every night except the last. not sure yet! we have some time...we will be going back december 06.

my husbands favorite is the contemporary...i say NO WAY! i really dont care for that hotel. and our sons favorite is any place that has a tv so he can watch the disney channel.

We love CBR! We will be going back to CBR for the fourth time June 22nd thru June 30th, and we can't wait. CBR has a beautiful tropical themeing with sandy beaches, hammocks, peaceful walkways, and very friendly ducks. We love staying in Jamaica and walking over the bridge to the food court and the main pool. The food court has good variety and a sitdown restaurant. The bus service has always been great for us - very short waits to get to and from the parks. The room size is large (we have two women and two teenage girsl) with two double sinks with storage underneath. There are also fridges and coffee makers in the rooms. There are quiet pools in each village which are really peaceful too. CBR is the best! :flower:
------------------------------------------------------------
1979 - Offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - CBR
1999 - POR
2003 - CBR
2005 - CBR (June 22nd thru June 30th)

My three favourite resorts are
1.CSR, best food court of all resorts, best theming
2. POFQ, best decorations, benefit of using Riverside's amenities/pool/food court as well. Plus boat ride to DTD.
3. POP Century, newest and cleanest of the value resort. Great theming and fantastic CM's. (food court is good but too small for such a large resort).

Unfortunately, I do not use much of the resorts included amenities such as pools/arcades/restaurants, as I spend all of my time at the parks and DTD. So most of the time I book a reservation for POP Century.

Next visit to POP is just 35 days away
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar
:hourglass :hourglass
:cool1:

So far out of the 5 hotels I have stayed at Coronado ranks number one on my list for moderates and number one overall.

Between the 2 values I liked Pop and ASSports pretty equally. One had some better things over the other so I couldn't really pick a favorite.

Based on where we have stayed, CSR is our favorite!! Great theme, beautiful grounds, best food court, best themed pool, comfortable rooms, friendly Cms and great buses!! Highly recommend! :sunny:

The WL is my favorite hotel I have ever stayed in. If it wasn't for my DH loving animals so much we would be going to it instead of AKL.

How can you not love a boat ride to MK?

Polynesian is the best, but it is hard for me to express in words why. I know the Monorail, and I love that grand ceremonial house. I love strolling the grounds in the morning and the evening with torches lit. I love seeing the GF MK and Contemporary when peering across the water. Alot of reasons why, too many to mention

We have stayed at BC and AKL and loved them both for very different reasons, One-beach and the pool at the beach club is one if not the best in Fl and second AKL is so cool to see Animals without having to leaving your room.
I think those two are the best to me, but then again I haven't stayed at the others.
We just came back from Land & Sea Disney Cruise last month and loved it!
But when I saw this new deal for fall with the free food! :teeth: I got a resv. for the week of Oct 1-7th at the POP! I think I can talk my DH into going another time this year because it is so cheap and for the price differnce of POP VS BC or AKL would be another 1000+, so I would rather save the extra thousand and make my DH smile too! :teeth:

1. Polynesian = GV great view, affordable for a monorail resort, and you can possibly get a marina view or pool view. They are re-doing the poly and updating rooms this year, but this resort STILL is worth it. If in your budget it is great fun, very resort-y, family orientated, superior location.

2. CR Tower = I would NOT reccommend until they finish the rehab. I love the CR, but it desperately needs work. You could get lucky and get an ok room, but for the price, its steep for what your getting. Still has a great location, and view. Also, I question how much they are pushing there convention business? Worth watching after the re-do.

3. BC = Very family fun, SAB, Good location if your into the mgm & epcot area and parks.

4. PORS = Are absolute favorite mod. They just had a major re-do. Beauitful landscaping, great pools. The bayou is rustic, and woodsy, the inside of the rooms, we just loved. Very much like you own cabin feel. Very homey. The mansions are lovely, very "gone with the wind." I was looking for TARA's red dirt. ;) . Great location near DTD.

This august we have chosen not to split our stay and our staying at the polynesian. In march 05' we split 3 times (due to disney's wonder cruise) PORS bayou #38, PORS mansion Partetee' place, & Polynesian.

mky princess:

We've stayed at BWV, OKW, ASMu, and POP.

Our favorite is definitely the BWV by far, it's our "home" resort. I love the location and the actual Boardwalk.

I've stayed at ASM, BWI, Poly, AKL, Ft Wilderness cabins, and CBR.

I love all of them but I think AKL is my favorite.

AKL:
Love seeing the animals off your balcony
Doesn't share busses w/any other resort, 1 bus stop
Beatiful lobby/themeing
Friendly CM's
Big giftshop
Love the restaurants/foodcourt
The resort is only 4 years old so everything looks new.

Of the resorts we've stayed at (see below), AKL is our fave. We had a pool view & it was awesome! It's such a beautiful resort. And AKL has my fave WDW restaurant-Boma!

After that, Coronado Springs would be second. Beautiful landscaping & a top-notch pool. Swan would be third. Good location & nice pool.

We're staying at BCV next trip. Looking forward to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter