• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll-Do you really enjoy 22 oz. of beer?

I don't drink beer but my husband uses his mug on all our cruises. He always is given a frosted mug so it helps to keep it cold.

There's a pic at the Disney Cruise Store where you can pre-buy it, which is what I am going to do.

I still would like to know how much a refill costs.

I'm curious why you are pre-buying it? It seems to be the same price. Beer pricing depended on the brand of beer, but was generally $6.84 to $9.34 depending on the type (that includes tax/tip).

16187349859_95485a7c89_b.jpg

16373572755_9610e6f5a8_b.jpg

16186124620_1e9dfa649e_b.jpg

I'm pretty sure, like I said before, some beers cost a bit more. There is a stout in O'Gill's for example that cost more like $8.

This goes out to my fellow beer drinkers. If you purchase the Disney collectable mug, do you really enjoy drinking the 22 oz. of beer for the price of a 16 oz.? Do you use the mug during the entire course of the cruise or just use it when ever? The reason I bring this up is that it's a lot of beer to drink before it starts to get warm(close to two 12 oz. cans of beer). I don't like warm beer and I don't chug. I usually just buy a bucket and put the rest in the fridge. Just curious what my fellow beer drinkers do.

Yes I really enjoy 22oz beer, never have a problem with it getting warm.

I'm curious why you are pre-buying it? It seems to be the same price. Beer pricing depended on the brand of beer, but was generally $6.84 to $9.34 depending on the type (that includes tax/tip).
There's a pic at the Disney Cruise Store where you can pre-buy it, which is what I am going to do.
Scroll down and you will see it. Not a very good picture, but you can get an idea that it is a tall glass mug with a handle.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/gifts-and-amenities/
Choose Food & Beverage

I still would like to know how much a refill costs.

I do not see the benefit of pre-buying it. You will either get it empty missing out on the initial fill of beer or it will have some very warm beer in it waiting for you.

I do not see the benefit of pre-buying it. You will either get it empty missing out on the initial fill of beer or it will have some very warm beer in it waiting for you.
I believe the cost of the mug does not include the initial fill. I want to pre-buy so it was waiting in my room, and one less thing to pay for at the end. Plus, it made a good gift for my father-in-law.

I drink bombers of beer all the time, and they're 22 oz. of good beer. 22 oz. of boat beer is easy.

The cost of the mug does not include the first fill, so pre-buying is a nice way to surprise someone. That's what I'm doing for my wife's best friend when we embark in 12 days. It will be waiting for her in her room.

Thanks for the info. I replied with the prices I found while searching and did not see your reply until after I posted.
I am going to bring some better beer on board, but nothing beats an ice cold draft anything after a fun day, especially 22 ounces of it!

Be aware that if you're on the Dream the Cove bar does not have a tap. They have to run to the other end of the boat or up to Currents to get draft beer for you. If you're not set on drinking in the Cove it's actually easier just to go up and sit at Currents.

Thanks for all the info., phinz. I will be on the Fantasy, 12 days from now like you. If you look like your Avatar and I see you at a bar, I'll send one your way.

I do indeed look like I do in the picture. Balding, long scraggly hair and ridiculous beard. My wife thinks I look homeless. I think I look manly. It's probably somewhere in between.

I will be bringing at least a couple of bottles of good beer as well for lounging around. I usually bring at least one bottle of whiskey as well.

I don't think anyone has mentioned - but you can take the mug on multiple cruises. My husband has used it on 3 now. I don't remember what a refill cost. Sorry.

oops, someone has mentioned... didn't see page 2. I don't like the new Disboards :(

It got warm fast out by the pool, even in January. We won't do again.
Drinks of the day were a good deal. And they had Bloody Mary's out by the pool before noon at a discount too.

Refrigerator, though a lot of the beers I drink are *amazing* at room temp.

I love the mug and love the fact I don't have to pack a mug this year and will just bring the card they gave me the last night last year. If you want to use the mug at the pool your beer will get warm but I'm pretty much an evening drinker so don't deal with that. I find the Mug to be a very good deal on Disney, you would pay more in the parks for a bottle of Beer and the price includes the tip. Most bartenders swap out your mug every drink so you always have a frosted one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter