Poll: Do you clean up after your dog on walks?

Do you clean up after your dog on walks?

• Yes, always.

• Sometimes.

• No, never.

• Other, because there is always an other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I call them "poo people" because they carry around bags of poo when walking their dogs and YES I AM a "poo person", lol! HUGE pet peeve when I am out running and have to side step a pile of poo! It makes me MAD!

Only when we go on walks when they are back in my yard then it is done on weekly basis. This really bothers me, because all the parasite problems specially at the beach. I know all my dogs are clean of parasites and are on preventative.

I never leave home without 3 or 4 newspaper baggies and a paper towel or two in my fanny pack - sometimes once just isn't enough for Charlie!

Our last dog, Sheba, was a female, and she would NEVER poop or pee on walks, just in our yard. Now with Charlie, it's constantly stop, sniff and go to the the next mailbox/bush/telephone pole. Is it a male/female dog thing, or were we just extremely lucky with Sheba?

voted 'other' because I wanted to see the results of the poll. Why NOT, to those who voted sometimes or never?

One day someone is gonna rub your nose in it so you'll never do it again.

:lmao:

I voted yes, in our parks we even have "dog stations" where plastic bags & trash can are available, so really there is no excuse to not do it.

This is very confusing for aliens observing us from space. Just when they come to the conclusion that humans are the superior species on the planet, they get confused as to why humans are cleaning up after the canine species, makes them wonder which species is superior.

I never leave home without 3 or 4 newspaper baggies and a paper towel or two in my fanny pack - sometimes once just isn't enough for Charlie!

Our last dog, Sheba, was a female, and she would NEVER poop or pee on walks, just in our yard. Now with Charlie, it's constantly stop, sniff and go to the the next mailbox/bush/telephone pole. Is it a male/female dog thing, or were we just extremely lucky with Sheba?

I think you are right, our golden Emma never ever poops outside of our backyard & even when she has to pee she squats & lifts one leg & I swear you could tell by her face how disgust she feels just by having to go outside of the house.

Mr.Ed is the opposite, when it comes down to potty, he's just like your Charlie.

Yes, always - we also have a poop machine (three times per walk - won't go in his own yard!! ETA: a male - the female prefers to use our yard) and we have one of the baggie holders as well.

I go one step further and don't even let our dogs go near anyone's yard. They have to wait until we get to a common area.

It is rude not to, outside of your own yard or unless you are out in an non-populated area where it doesn't matter.

I'm a corner house too and I can atest that there are people who do not clean up after their dogs!

The topper was on 2 occasions I have had people who's dogs poop on my yard, the walker bags the poop but left the bag on my yard!!! That ticked me off.

I always have the watchful eye and have no problems saying something if I see a walker not clean up after their dog! It always seems to be the little dogs poop that doesn't get cleaned up. I'd love to walk my big dog down to their yard and leave some big dog poop on their property!!! :rotfl:

We don't have dogs and I noticed that some one left poop in our yard the other day. Last year when I planted lillies around the mailbox I sprayed dog repellent around them to keep them from being "watered". Guess it's time to get out the repellent again.

We don't have dogs and I noticed that some one left poop in our yard the other day. Last year when I planted lillies around the mailbox I sprayed dog repellent around them to keep them from being "watered". Guess it's time to get out the repellent again.

I don't have a dog. I don't want poop in my yard. I'm on a corner lot, an neighbors walk their dogs by and let them crap by the road all the time. Nasty people.
Time to buy some hamburger and mole pellets
(just kidding).
I should start dumping garbage in their yard because its convenient for me...

Other, because she's never actually *gone* on a walk. Well, one time she peed, but it was on the cement...not sure how I even could have cleaned that up, lol.

We have had to pick up after her at the park though, and always do.

Always! Our dog usually goes in our yard or woods, but there are times when she goes while on a walk. We have this scooper and we take it on every walk with us, just to be safe. You can get it much cheaper than this site sells it for, but this site had the best pictures.

http://www.all-dog-houses.com/scdogware.html

It holds a roll of small bags inside and dispenseses them into the scooper so all you have to do is open the bag before you go on your walk and the scooper is ready. If you don't want to buy a roll of bags, you can just put a plastic grocery bag in there. They make one with a long handle too.

With all of the products on the market, there really is NO excuse for not picking up after your dog goes on someone else's lawn.

We always clean up after ours although we don't walk them but have fenced in back yard. I hate stepping in it in my own yard! I walked out to mailbox yesterday to find a big pile in your front yard. That really annoys me!

I voted other, but the only time I never cleaned up was in my own yard, or my neighbor's. But this neighbor also had dogs, and as far as our dogs were concerned it was just one big yard.

I hate hate hate when they don't clean up after their dog. My neighbor always lets his dog run loose on our little dead end street to do his business, he hardly ever cleans up after him... I've picked it up off my yard and put it on his. This neighbor just happens to live right next door to me and at times his dog gets into my back yard and pees and poops all over the place. And before you all start saying it could be my dog, I don't let my dog loose in the yard because it's not all fenced in. I walk my dog on his lease and pick up after his little messes...

We always pick up and one time I forgot to bring a bag, i went back home to get bag and went back to the spot. Our townhome association sends out letters to everyone to pick up after their dog. It's really gross to leave it there. My MIL said she used to leave it with her dog ewww.

Reminds me of all the times I used to walk barefoot in the summer over grass and well, I'm sure I probably stepped in poop without my knowledge. My kids don't ever walk barefoot.

I honestly don't understand why someone would get a dog if they don't pick up after it.

Complete disregard for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter