• The 60's

• The 70's

• The 80's

• The 90's

• The 00's

Results are only viewable after voting.

WDWHound

DIS Veteran
I'm a 80's guy myself, but the only decade that produced a lot of music I didn;t like was the Nineties. Note: I added the 00's for form, but I recognize there has not really been enough time to judge.

That's hard. I like music from all decades, though not much from this one so far. The 50's had perfect pop and lots of rockers, 60's had so much groundbreaking stuff, the 70's did great hard rock, the 80's had excellent pop and underground, the 90's had good indie and I loved Britpop...

I guess I would have to go with 80's though, overall.

I have a very hard time deciding between 70's & 80's, as I grew up during both and have alot of emotional attachment to music from both decades. But I crinkled and picked the 70's for the poll. :D

Unquestionably the 60's. There is no debate. However, good music officially ended along about 1978.

dmadman43 said:
Unquestionably the 60's. There is no debate. However, good music officially ended along about 1978.

:laughing: Sorry, have to disagree, lots of good stuff post-1978.

dmadman43 said:
You seem to have forgotten about disco. It was around before 78 :earboy2:
Actully, good music officially ended in 1990, but it seems to be trying to come back lately (lol).

Well, if we must put a year on when good music officially died, I'm going with 1997. Everything since then has pretty much sucked, except for a couple Black Rebel Motorcycle Club songs.

WDWHound said:
You seem to have forgotten about disco. It was around before 78 :earboy2:
Actully, good music officially ended in 1990, but it seems to be trying to come back lately (lol).
I said along about...

Save for someone like Maroon 5, I've not heard anything all that groundbreaking or unique lately

Except for Springsteen the 80's were awful, the 90's were horrendous.

chesirekate said:
:laughing: Sorry, have to disagree, lots of good stuff post-1978.

Okay, Springsteen. For the life of me I can't name anyone else that rises to the level of the quality of the 60's and early 70's

The 70s. Before Disco.

Gosh I'm dating myself today :blush:

dmadman43 said:
Okay, Springsteen. For the life of me I can't name anyone else that rises to the level of the quality of the 60's and early 70's

I said 'good stuff' not 'better than the Beatles and Dylan in their heyday'. :earboy2: You're not going to find much that's better than the 60's stuff, but there was plenty of music that was still excellent and at least in the same league post-1978, if not quite as inventive or groundbreaking. I would hate to just write off an entire decade or two or three because there were no new Beatle's albums. I'm curious why you draw the line at 1978 though. Was there a release that year that you enjoyed or is it arbitrary?

I grew up listening to 80's music. I still love it today! :rockband: Since I've moved to Florida, I discovered they even have an 80's radio station! WOO HOO!

60's - The Who, Zeppelin, Beatles, The Stones

I picked the 60's! I love the Beatles and adore the Stones. I have been to a few Rolling Stones concerts in the past few years and I don't care if they could be my parents or even Grandparents they rock!! :rockband:

Others may think :scared1: , but I LOVE Disco.

I also love music from the 60s and into the 70s as well.

Cannot stand the 80s and the 90s really didn't do much for me.

So I'll listen to oldies stations with the above likable decades or toe Christian Music. I just cannot do that Top40/Contemporary stuff anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter