Poll: Are you working on Christmas Eve?

Are you working on Christmas Eve?

• Yes

• No

• Other (we all know why!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right now I'm a short term contractor, and the office I work in is open on the 24th. I will likely be one of the only ones working, and have little to nothing to do since everyone I work with will be out, but i only get paid if I go. Even when I worked for this same company as a full time employee, I always worked Christmas eve because dh manages a grocery store and has to work. I will be off on the 25th and 1st, without pay.

I voted yes and I am working 9-530 on Christmas Eve. I work with Doctor's offices and hospitals mostly, can't imagine that we will be very busy that day.

We get paid our normal pay for that day. The powers that be will probably offer voluntary time off towards the end of the day if we are not too busy, where you can volunteer to take a couple hours off without pay.

I have to go straight from work to the in-laws house for our Christmas eve get-together. No work on Christmas but back to work the day after. Going to be an interesting holiday season. - Same schedule the following week, I have to work on NYE, off on New Years and back to work the following day.

I'm not, but my DH is a flight paramedic and has to work 24 hours on Christmas Eve...from 7 am that morning until 7 am Christmas morning. Wouldn't be so bad, but it is about an hour and a half drive for him to get home. I'm really hoping the kids sleep in until he gets here...

At my previous job, I had to work Christmas Eve every year, but I got off at 4:00.

I voted other. I am scheduled to work of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but our staffing is census driven, so if there are not enough patients I will be told not to come in if its my turn.

after spending 30 years working holidays, weekends and everything in between i feel so happy to have from noon friday the 21st until dec 27th off yay!! :goodvibes

Nope, I am off from now until 1/7. DH has to work the Eve but will probably come home early/mid afternoon. We have no company coming until 12/27 so it will be a quiet, relaxing time anyway.

Yes. I work in higher education I could have used a vacation day but opted to work instead - I like working on days when not a lot of people are around. I'm also on call Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and a few days after so if any issues arise with students on campus (those who don't go home for break), I'll get a phone call and have to address it.

This is my first year at this institution and the veterans have told me that an email usually goes out telling everyone to go home around 2PM.

:flower3: I remember those days. I homeschooled my three and my kids used to ask," does everything have to be educational?" Um...yesh...:goodvibes

LOL I hear that question a lot! Most especially at Epcot, when I'm quizzing them on geography! :rotfl2:

Working the entire week,12 hr night shifts in a power plant control room. You all want your light on for some reason! At least we get food served.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter