• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

politics aside, Michele Obama is very cool!

I love Barbara Bush.... when her son George's girls were partying and raising hades she said "What goes around comes around." :lmao: Same thing most of our mother's would say to us. I think she has a great sense of humor and her family is the most important thing to her!

I made my husband and son dance with me tonight. We turned off all the lights and just played music like we did when DS was a little boy. He actually did it. He worked out today too. I'm the only non fit person in this family but I have horrible knees. I'm going swimming this weekend. The first lady has inspired me to exersize again.

I made my husband and son dance with me tonight. We turned off all the lights and just played music like we did when DS was a little boy. He actually did it. He worked out today too. I'm the only non fit person in this family but I have horrible knees. I'm going swimming this weekend. The first lady has inspired me to exersize again.

Buy a bike that's a good execise for bad knee peeps.

The thread is about her dancing to promote exercise as a way to beat childhood obesity. I was pointing out that she needs to move a little more because her pants are too tight.

Wow, how petty.

Now, now...if you can't say something nice...;)

Eleanor Roosevelt was an incredible woman, it is true and a lot of her contributions came after she was First Lady. That is pretty impressive for her time.
Oh I actually like all of them. I didn't mean they were bad - just that Eleanor Roosevelt just was in a totally different category.

Two good first lady stories:

When I was growing up, my parents had family friends who were also from Northern Ireland (like my dad is). The wife came through Ellis Island as a small child in the 30's. When she arrived with her family, she was sick. The immigration officers refused to accept her, and told her mother that she and the little girl would have to go back. The girl started to sob and the whole family was brought together to say goodbye to each other so the mother and child could be put in quarantine, while the father and other children were staying in America and headed for NYC. During this goodbye, a woman walked up to the girl and asked her why she was crying. The girl blurted out that she was sick and had to back to Ireland, but her family got to stay in America without her. The woman grabbed her by the hand, and led her up to the immigration officers. She looked at them and said "It's clear that the girl just has a cold, and she'll be better in a few days. She's STAYING." The immigration officer signed the papers and sent them all on their way.

They later learned that the woman was Eleanor Roosevelt, who just happened to be touring Ellis Island that day. For the rest of her life, she always credited Eleanor Roosevelt for keeping her family together, and possibly saving the life of herself and her mother.

The other story isn't really a story but an observation. We were in Washington last month, and went to visit the "first ladies dresses" exhibit at the Smithsonian. It was a wonderful exhibit with about 25 first lady dresses from various important events. They were all very unique and beautiful. Anyway, there is a video that they show of the day that Michele Obama handed over her dress from the Inaugural Ball to the Smithsonian for the display. The designer was there, MO, the Smithsonian guys, and some other people. She gives a little speech about how uncomfortable she is about everyone fussing over her dress, and it was just wonderfully done and she made it more about the designer than about her. I was so impressed with this short 10 minute video - it's really worth seeing if anyone is in the Smithsonian.

nevermind don't wanna highjack the OP's thread. I like MO too! :)

She needs to dance a little more because she has big thighs and her pants are pulling across her hips. Unless she should buy a bigger size pant.

Although I am fairly new posting here....all I can say is MEOW!!! That was unnecessary and mean spirited. You may not like her, her husband, their politics but to start picking apart her look/weight makes you seem small minded and spiteful!

Although I am fairly new posting here....all I can say is MEOW!!! That was unnecessary and mean spirited. You may not like her, her husband, their politics but to start picking apart her look/weight makes you seem small minded and spiteful!

She stressing exercise to stop obesity yet she is wearing pants that are obviously too tight. It would be like someone telling kids not to smoke with cigarettes showing from their purse.

She stressing exercise to stop obesity yet she is wearing pants that are obviously too tight. It would be like someone telling kids not to smoke with cigarettes showing from their purse.

Would you like a shovel to dig with? Cuz it's piling up.....

I'm betting hats fall off your head constantly though.....

When we get to the point that we have to villify a person who has a different take on policy and issues- and are so determined to express that point that we make things up about tight pants and loosing weight- forget it, democracy is over. If we cannot have a kind spirited conversation- even about something as harmless as the First Lady's childhood obesity program- we might as well batten the hatches and learn to speak Visigoth, its the end of civil discussion, which is the end of meaningful democracy. So yeah, that's why I think nasty comments about pants are an attack on America.

Ok time to put down the bottle of wine and get to bed...

Wow... :sad2:

You're basically saying that an overweight person can't talk about healthy activities. Not that I think she's overweight at all.

Post a picture of yourself in properly fitted pants, I would love to see the difference since they look as though they fit to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter