Political: Let's see the media bury this one!

The detail of why he changed his mind are his to explain, not his opponents'.

Agreed, it's not Bush's problem to explain the details of Kerry's positions. But, Bush is the opposition, the voters aren't. Why wouldn't you want to know the "real" story about his position as a voter?

I'm not even saying that one should be all that concerned that Bush is being misleading in his comments on Kerry's position. That's expected. I'm simply saying that when a candidate says something that you know isn't accurate, why do you give it any weight at all?

Bush never makes a speech that he doesn't use the phrase "flip-flop". The Republicans have learned that grabbing a catch phrase and repeating it over and over and over again is effective with voters. Why it is that people begin to believe something that isn't true simply because they've heard it a lot is beyond me. It smacks of ignorance.

Interesting that Drudge has yet to post a link about
the gun thing........just a picture and his words.

Typical of the republicans though to make a huge
deal out of this non-issue and yet ignore the Bush
does cocaine link on the same web-page.

That they'll easily dismiss, but anything that makes
Kerry look bad must be truth in stone.

Jetmom, I agree totally with your post. The thing Kerry was
looking for was to reduce the tax cut from 690 billion to
600 billion to pay for the war.

Bush never makes a speech that he doesn't use the phrase "flip-flop". The Republicans have learned that grabbing a catch

That's not a "Republican" thing. Thats a politics thing. The Democrats have more than their share of catch phrases and stating things in their stump speeches. How about "misleading the country into war"? A matter of opinion not shared by a large number of reasonable people. Not much different that loudly stating the opinion that Kerry's change of vote was a "flip flop". Neither is a fact, both are opinions, neither is particularly supportable, both are fair game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter