Policies as of 5/10/22

Mickeymoosea

Earning My Ears
Hello I hope this qualifies as an acceptable covid question. I was wondering if any policies are in place at all anymore. Ultra clean rooms, sanitizer stations, etc.

I was also wondering if there are still some people here and there wearing masks? We plan to wear them inside and I really don't want to get any comments. We fully understand why other people don't want to wear them but we feel more comfortable since my husband works occasionally around immune compromised people. We want to blend in without any scrutiny and it would make me feel better to know that some people are still wearing them too. Thanks : -)

The CDC has extended their recommendation that masks are to be worn on all forms of public transportation until May 3. It's expected that Disney will continue follow that recommendation. If the CDC extends the recommendation further, Disney will comply.

You can wear a mask anywhere that you please. No one will stop you from wearing one in other areas.

I’m going May 9 and we will be wearing masks inside. With My health issues I want to be careful. Probably not outside unless it’s extremely packed.
Awesome! We plan to be maskless outside too but it helps to have something as an added measure. Did they remove Plexi glass dividers? I want to try to be comfortable not wearing a mask on the safari ride, etc but it depends.

When we were there the last week of March we did still see people wearing masks indoors and sometimes outdoors, but it was very minimal. But we never heard anyone making any comments about the people choosing to wear masks. Same with cast members…some did wear them, but most did not. On buses mask wearing was pretty good as the drivers kept reminding everyone to put one on. The monorail was mixed. None of the rides had any plexiglass dividers and no distancing in queues. We had single riders placed with our party on a few occasions as well. The restrooms were clean for the most part and all the sanitizer stations when walking out of rides seemed to be filled, but we also used our own most occasions.

Hello I hope this qualifies as an acceptable covid question. I was wondering if any policies are in place at all anymore. Ultra clean rooms, sanitizer stations, etc.

I was also wondering if there are still some people here and there wearing masks? We plan to wear them inside and I really don't want to get any comments. We fully understand why other people don't want to wear them but we feel more comfortable since my husband works occasionally around immune compromised people. We want to blend in without any scrutiny and it would make me feel better to know that some people are still wearing them too. Thanks : -)
I really don't think people care if you're wearing a mask or not and I've never witnessed anyone making comments one way or the other about it. As far as cleanliness concerns at WDW, some places are spotless and others like overused restrooms and busy areas are just not. There are no longer sanitizer stations all over so if that's important to you, make sure you bring your own.

You do you. If you want to or need to wear mask, then ignore anyone who makes a comment. We won't be wearing them this time (EDIT: except where required), but we are not high risk and are not exposed to anyone who is high risk. We wore them indoors at Thanksgiving and in large outdoor crowds. I have never gotten a comment at WDW or Universal. The only comment that I have gotten recently was during Christmas at my in-laws. We were visiting my parents afterward who had not been doing too good, and I couldn't guarantee that my son's family were all vaxed or even being cautious. My wonderful MIL had to make several snotty comments, because that's just who she is. I ignored her while she made herself look like an inconsiderate fool. Be who you need to be and be proud of it! Heck, I see people wearing them where I live now due to the grotesque amount of pollen in the air. It's no one else's business if you want to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer is hard to find, and distancing is gone. The bathrooms are not filthy or even really dirty, but I definitely wouldn't hang out long. You will probably see some other people wearing them. I will give you a thumbs up if I see you:thumbsup2

Last edited:
We will be there ina few weeks and will continue masking in any indoor places as well as ANY other place that we feel too close (parades, fireworks, shows etc) and on any transportation. We will also continue to wash our hands frequently and have sanitizer with us to use often. If someone makes a comment, that's on them.

I will make a decision based on the current positivity rate in Florida at the time of our travel. If it is high (above 10%) then we will wear masks around others.
That caveat and the positivity where I live will linger in my brain for a long time now. I still bring a mask with me everywhere I go, in case the place requires/requests one. I think every answer related to covid for me is what's happening today and maybe what I can see for a few days in the future.

Wearing masks is not an issue. Many of the cast members still had them (just last weekend). Bus drivers and attendants at monorail reminded people to wear them.

As to the rooms - we still had the remote in plastic. I assume they do the other cleaning as the placard was in the room. The bathroom was spotless! I did run into messy bathrooms and queues where I never noticed it in previous years. Could be the crowds or maybe people being less respectful? I was surprised at the amount of wrappers and trash on line to Haunted Mansion.

p.s. Leaving Orlando airport we were surprised at the number of people not wearing masks. Just walking around and no one said anything. This wasn't the case on the actual plane, but in the airport people definitely were hit or miss. Kinda odd.

Wearing masks is not an issue. Many of the cast members still had them (just last weekend). Bus drivers and attendants at monorail reminded people to wear them.

As to the rooms - we still had the remote in plastic. I assume they do the other cleaning as the placard was in the room. The bathroom was spotless! I did run into messy bathrooms and queues where I never noticed it in previous years. Could be the crowds or maybe people being less respectful? I was surprised at the amount of wrappers and trash on line to Haunted Mansion.

p.s. Leaving Orlando airport we were surprised at the number of people not wearing masks. Just walking around and no one said anything. This wasn't the case on the actual plane, but in the airport people definitely were hit or miss. Kinda odd.
I saw on YouTube "That Crazy Disney Lady" said that masks were optional at MCO and that's why there were a lot of people not wearing it.

Timestamp 20:09

Last edited:
We’ll be there mid - May and will be masking indoors and in crowds outdoors. On the rides it will depend on the situation but probably not.

My friend and I wore masks inside last week. We estimated mask-wearing to be less than 5% for sure; probably closer to 1-3%. They're still required on transit, and on buses it was nearly always 100%, and on the monorail it was .... not quite that usually.

I never heard any comments directed to anyone choosing to wear a mask (at Disney - locally I have). I did hear complaints on the monorail about being required to wear a mask, but they were not directed at guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter