Police Officer Pulled Me Over

I used to get stopped all the time when I was younger. Wanted to see if I had a valid drivers license. I am 4'8" and look younger than I am. An advantage at 65 but not at 35 or 40. Could still be taken as a teen then.

I got stopped once when I was 18. I had a fight with my parents about my upcoming wedding and left to go to the store to get something. I wasn't speeding or anything so when the officer came to the window I started to cry. I was 18, 4' 9" tall and looked like I was about 12. He asked for my drivers licence and said that it was okay (once he realized that I really was old enough to drive) and that maybe I had better stop crying before I drove. I don't think he knew what to do with me LOL.
tigercat

I have had two incidents, both happened in suburban Chicago.

Years ago I was stopped because "I looked too young to be driving". I was 20 at the time.

Another time in my 20s I was stopped for having fuzzy dice on my rear view mirror. They called a bunch of other officers and did a search of the car... while joking about how they were hoping to find drugs so they could keep them for themselves. UGH.

Bolding mine, I thought I was the only one, I was only 19 and in my own home town in NJ.
Donna
(reading the other posts, I am 5' 4" but did look pretty young, but it was in the town I grew up in)

Slightly off topic but a few posters mentioned the one plate vs two plates on a vehicle so my curiousity got the better of me Not a big fan of wikipedia but scrolling down to the "mounting of the plate" section there is a USA map and a code for the states that shows the requirement Seems like about 14 states still use the 2 plates if this is accurate Having had cars registered in NY most of my adult life moving to a one "tag" state still feels weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_States

Our state is trying to change the law to make it so only one is needed. This ail save the state money. The only ones complaining and trying to stop the change is the state patrol of course.

Our state is trying to change the law to make it so only one is needed. This ail save the state money. The only ones complaining and trying to stop the change is the state patrol of course.
I'm all for one plate state. I still laugh about calling Saturn Dealership for quote on getting front license plate bracket put on my car as I was getting ready to move south. Called local dealer would be 60.00 bucks for bracket and install, asked how much bracket was 22.00 bucks and I'd have dear ole dad put it on, than I got bright idea to call dealership here in Ohio told me it would be 12.00. I drove car down here to Ohio, like I needed excuse to visit Boyfriend and had Ohio dealer put it on.

On my way to work, I got pulled over on the highway. I pulled over the the shoulder first, then I pulled over onto a grasssy/dirt area so that the cop wouldn't be standing on the shoulder while he was talking with me (because I didn't want him to get hit by a passing car).

He asled me for my license and registration, and while I was pulling it out he said that he stopped me because I was swerving (which i was not). Before I could give it to him, he asked me if I was on my way to work (since I was in my nursing uniform), and I was yes. He then said never mind, be careful and left.

I'd like to think that he didn't do anything more because he was touched because I made sure he had enough room to talk to me:rotfl2: But in reality, it's probably just because I'm a nurse!:thumbsup2

Years ago, I drove one block down a street that didn't have any directional signs on it. As soon as I got to the end, there was a cop waiting who pulled me over. He then called for backup. Both of them searched around the car and put one of those mirror things underneath the car.

He said he pulled me over for going the wrong way down a one way street, then proceeded to give me another ticket for reckless driving. I said what reckless driving and he said for going the wrong way down a one way street!

Fought them, won, still perplexed.

That shouldn't be a valid excuse, you should need real reason to pull someone over. I'm all for crackdowns on DUI's but I'm more for not letting the police do whatever they choose. Probable cause or better actually breaking the law should be required to pull someone over, not just leaving somewhere that has alcohol.

Even a tiny suspicion of DUI is a more than valid reason.

Older ds used to live in TX. Every time he came home for a visit and was out at night on a certain highway, he would get pulled over and they would ask to search his truck. Finally, he got frustrated and confronted the officer about pulling him over simply because he had TX plates. The officer realized that ds had done nothing wrong and admitted that was exactly why they pulled him over. The officer said it was because they were looking for drugs in vehicles with a TX tag. --not saying people in TX do more drugs, but I am guessing a lot are transported through here from TX, that highway would be the way they would come.

I bet I know where he was pulled over. ;) Sulphur or Lake Chuck? Were the cops hiding in the "hog waller"?

What state were you in? I grew up in PA and the only surrounding state that does 2 plates in NJ. Now I live in VA and we do 2 plates. But its a rarity. We're surrounded by military so we see all 50 states on the plates, and 2 plates is unusual

NY has had two plates as long as I can remember, and it shares quite a long border with PA.

I got pulled over last year on the way home from work for no reason. As I entered the estate I live in I noticed the police car pull in behind me so I was watching my speed a lot as it is quite hard to stick to the 20mph in the car I was driving. I carried on, watching my speed, indicating correctly on the tiny round a bouts that are on the road (they are so tiny most people just drive straight over them as they are just a painted white circle on the road!) Anyway, the police man puts his lights on and pulls me over right outside the local school. So I stop and the conversation goes something like this, after some brief introductions:

Officer: Do you know the speed limit on this road?
Me: Yes officer, 20mph which I was doing as I was watching my speed carefully.
Officer: I thought this was a 30mph zone.
Me: No officer, the sign at the start of the road says 20mph and there are no signs anywhere along here to indicate that the speed changes. The whole estate is a 20mph zone.
Officer: Oh, I wondered why you were driving so slowly. I better go and look at the signs hadn't I? You have done nothing wrong miss.

Then he let me go (after repeating you have done nothing wrong another 4 times!) and he drove off to look at the road signs. I was wondering after that how often he had been speeding down that road!

I got stopped at a DUI checkpoint on New Year's Eve about 11pm, many years ago.

The officers were very gung ho and excited about the possibility about a DUI.

They were very disappointed to learn I was enroute to my 11:30pm overnight shift at a 911 center nearby. LOL

The strangest story I have is not as strange compared to some others here, but here goes. I was driving home from work doing 40mph in a 40 zone. Just as I approached the light, it turned yellow. It was either slam on my breaks (and I do mean SLAM) or travel on through. I did the latter. Next thing I knew, officer behind me, pulled me over. He told me that although I did not technically run the red light, if I had not been speeding in a 30mph zone, I might have had time to stop for the light. I told him that the sign changing it from 30 to 40 was about a half-mile back, right after the fire station. He stuttered and fumbled a bit and I guess realized I was right and let me go. Just told me to be more careful next time. :confused3

In high school I was pulled over by an officer who was a friend of the family to ask if I would baby-sit!! Told him no problem but my rates had just doubled!!

I bet I know where he was pulled over. ;) Sulphur or Lake Chuck? Were the cops hiding in the "hog waller"?

LOL, I know right where you are talking about but no. We are in MS and its on 59, a little south of us toward the LA border.

Everybody gets warned about the area you are talking about though. The guys going offshore traveling to TX know all about it!! ;)

A friend of mine was once pulled over simply because the cop liked his car. True story! It was late one evening and he was on his way home from his 2nd shift job. The cop pulled him over and spent 20 mins or so talking to him about the car, admitted he simply liked the car, then said, "have a nice night", and sent him on his way.

LOL, I know right where you are talking about but no. We are in MS and its on 59, a little south of us toward the LA border.

Everybody gets warned about the area you are talking about though. The guys going offshore traveling to TX know all about it!! ;)

The more people who know about that particular little stretch of Interstate the better! One of the local PDs got into trouble several years ago for profiling, but as far as I'm aware, the hog waller is still there. That's my home turf, and I love that region, but that's one thing that makes me cringe.

My Wife and I were driving our MINI Coopers through Maryville TN on our way to the annual MINIs On The Dragon. We were stopped at a left-turn light waiting to turn in to a shopping center. She was ahead of me.

Sheriff car pulls in behind me with his lights on, blipping the siren. Light turns green, we pulled in and I went one way, she went another. He followed her. She stopped and the Sheriff was on the P.A. saying PUT YOUR HANDS OUT THE WINDOW WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! GET OUT OF THE CAR!

I snuck up an aisle until I could see them and I see them both getting out of their cars and my Wife's look of terror turns to a big grin and she hugs him saying "Dalton you son of a .....!.

It was a guy we knew as a rider on The Dragon. Scared the crap out of us. Especially since we had gotten tickets in Ohio the day before. Me for 81 in a 65 and her for tailgating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter