Pokemon - SIGH

KeepSwimming

If Dracula can't see his reflection, then how does
My DD and nephews are big Pokemon fans (I just don't get it, but I am letting it go). I heard from a friend they sell them in Epcot....any idea where? I am making an assumption they are in Japan?

Anyone seen these? Know anything about it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :flower3:

There is a bunch of higher than retail store pokemon stuff in the mitsukoshi store, front room. Set a limit before you go in it suffer the wrath.

Yes in japan. They have a bunch of Japanese anime stuff in there, pokemon, yugio etc. Also I have seen Hello Kitty stuff.

(maybe not had to) walk to Japan from the UK pavilion in pouring rain so my son could buy some Pokemon items there. He assured me (I asked) that these were not available in the area in which we live. Since I only know the name of one Pokemon, Pikachu, and had a good rain coat (that only went to my mid thigh) I took him.

There is an amazing array of toys there and it is a pretty decent experience - though I still can't name another Pokemon.

(maybe not had to) walk to Japan from the UK pavilion in pouring rain so my son could buy some Pokemon items there. He assured me (I asked) that these were not available in the area in which we live. Since I only know the name of one Pokemon, Pikachu, and had a good rain coat (that only went to my mid thigh) I took him.

There is an amazing array of toys there and it is a pretty decent experience - though I still can't name another Pokemon.

Right? What is up with those names?

I'm suddenly almost glad we didn't see all of World Showcase. That store would have likely brought out the green eyed gimmie monster in my 12 year old. He did really, really well with staying within his budget at Disney. So, so glad we skipped that this time around LOL, but good to know it's there in the future.

Yes, they are in the store in Japan. My son was so into Pokemon when he was in kindergarten! This June when we went to Epcot, we still had to make the pilgrimage to Japan and buy a Pokemon stuffed animal even though my son now has his drivers license!! I thought this phase would pass, but apparently not!

Once they know about it there's no keeping them away. It's like riding Space Mountain, YOU WILL DO IT AT LEAST ONCE WHILE ON PROPERTY!!!!!

I feel like I have invested in that store.:confused3 It was absolutely an ingenous marketing idea for Epcot.:worship: My DS10 has been going there for years. He actually asks which day we're going to Epcot now.:thumbsup2

DD has fallen 'in love' with Pokemon and I thought she was going to fall over when we walked into the Japan pavillion! As I recall most of the stuff was plush Pokemon (want to know a name ask DD :lmao: )

They did have some books (we got a set) but I don't remember what else. She wanted figures (I vetoed plush - we need another stuffed animal like I need a hole in the head!) but I don't recall seeing any.

Also just a note our AP discount didn't work there (only place we found).

DD is saving up $$ for our next trip - she (like a PP's child) was asking when we were going to Epcot because she wanted to go back to Japan!

My daughter has been into Pokemon for years and even now that she's 13 she still is! I have a hard time getting her out of Mitsukoshi! They had a stuffed Piplup once and she went nuts!! :yay:

The Pokemon cards we looked at were no different than what is generally available. But we bought them anyway. ;)

Yes, def. in the Japan store they had Pokemon. My 6YO DS is into them and he said there were toys which are not found here in CT. He got a couple small action figures and was absolutely thrilled.

Come on you don't get jiggly puff? Tht thing is cute and it sings the pther pokemon to sleep...

Son's almost 10 and getting out of that stage now - stay strong it passes.:lmao:

My daughter has been into Pokemon for years and even now that she's 13 she still is! I have a hard time getting her out of Mitsukoshi! They had a stuffed Piplup once and she went nuts!! :yay:

My 10 year old has to go in here at least twice each trip. He's decided his big souvenir each trip is one of the big plush Pokemon characters. The reason I quoted this is that we had to have the Piplup this time, and I can never remember his name. I have a pic of mine in his Pokemon shirt, sitting outside the window with all of those Pokemon behind him. He loves it. (I love to let him look while I watch people pick out pearls. I could watch that all day.)

From what I was told many of the plushes are available in the US only in 2 places. A store in NYC and the store in Epcot. With that said the salesman also said they can be purchased online.

My dd13 saves all her souvenir money to buy Pokemon stuff in Epcot. We just got back from the Pokemon National Tournament (she made top cut!) where she quickly spent the $200 she'd been saving up for months.

I guess Piplup is one of the most popular. My girls (12 and 10) have a Piplup that they got there a couple of years ago. He's still one of their favorite stuffed toys. Big, though; I thought we were going to have to buy him a seat on the flight home. :rotfl:

The 12yo plays the video games All. The. Time. We went to Nationals when they were in St. Louis a few years ago, but she didn't qualify to play.

My son is 6 and can read sight words but is pushing to learn to read because my husband has told him we will not read every attack for every Pokemon :)

PJ had birthday money that had not been spent when we went last August and I tried to guide him towards finding something very special to spend it on rather than just let it trickle through his fingers.

He found his love in Japan.

And almost a year later he still adores Weesy aka Weasel the Pokemon.

Every time he calls it by name I think of the character on The Jeffersons.

We live in NYC and my husband tried to find him a shirt with some Pokemon on it (PlipPlup was one of his requests) but they only had six or so different characters . . . I ended up finding one in Target with 9 different Pokemon including several that he wanted. Score.

I still don't get half of the stuff they sell in Japan and I lived there. Domo boggles my mind completely.

Hello, resident pokemon collector here.

The toys in Epcot are definitely worth a look for any pokemon fan. It is true that the toys they stock there are only available in certain places, namely Nintendo World in New York, two or three Pokemon Center kiosks located in a couple malls in Seattle, and the six or seven Pokemon Center stores in Japan.

Having been to all of the locations except Epcot (which has the same prices as Nintendo World), I can safely say that this location will have the lowest prices for the particular toys sold there. Finding them online later can cost quite a bit of cash. :U

The cards sold there can be found almost anywhere though, so I'd pass on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter