• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pokemon Go at Disneyland

hehehe, we used to play Ingress which Pokemon Go is based on. It had green and blue factions and you battled to control portals for your side. There were portals all over DL and it was always fun to fight it out when in line. It seems like most of the Ingress portals have become Pokemon spots as well.

My daughter was there a couple of days ago and caught so many pokemon, and then got stuff, and increased her power, and did some more stuff that I have no idea what (I keep forgetting). I downloaded the game, but have no idea what I'm doing.

I literally just climbed out of a cave after being away all week and found out about this GO thing. I have two little kids (7 and 5) so maybe I don't have to worry about all this yet, but if I paid this kind of money to go on vacation and my kids stared at a screen and chased after imaginary things on their screen, I would lose my mind. Still it is nice to see something that encourages people to move around.

I don't play, but my brother likes the game. That'll keep him occupied while we're waiting for the parade! It looks like fun.

Thanks for this. My husband, like Bilbo Baggins, is one of those rare people who actually reads the terms and conditions before signing/agreeing to anything. There was no mention of this in the app. We've removed the game and access until the glitch gets fixed which, it seems, Niantic is currently working to correct. I hope it's fixed soon because we had a nice family outing last night and caught a few Pokemon.

Just so ya'll know: http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/11/p...sk-if-youre-using-your-google-account-on-ios/

I've also seen news stories where stupid people are trying to enter secure buildings, roped off piers, playing in traffic/parking lots, etc.... because that's where the game tells them to go. Sheesh....

The company that made the game (as well as ingress obviously) is owned by Google. That's why it uses Google Maps for your geo location.

Also people just need to learn to use common sense. Obviously locations are not updated in real time. There's a guy whose house is a renovated church, and it's a pokemon gym in the game, so he's always got people wandering outside his house on the sidewalk.

I saw a post on Facebook that said Disney should make an app to find all the missing experiments from Lilo and Stitch. :stitch: I totally agree with this! I would play that game all day!

Hint Hint Disney :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter