points with Disney's new visa card

cmatt

islandman wanna be jimmy buffett is my hero
Does anyone know , where, or how , or anything about the points,

I havent seen anything from visa how many you need for what ?

how to redeem them, so on and so on ?

does anyone know yet ?

thanks cmatt

I don't know a lot, but we just remodeled our master bath and used our Disney Visa to purchase most of the stuff so we could get the rewards dollars. About a month ago I called the customer service number(on the back of the card), waited until the option for "Speak to a customer service representative" (or something like that) and asked if I could redeem my rewards dollars. The person asked if I wanted them for Disney Store, Disney Land, or Disney World(after checking to see how many I wanted). I told them Disney World, he verified my address and I received them in about a week. We just had to buy a new refrigerator last week, so I used my DVisa again so I could get the points! It seems very easy.

Oh, and when I asked where they could be used they said pretty much everywhere on property...but maybe not some of the sidewalk vendors(like the popcorn and ice cream vendors).

And I think the rewards are something like for every $100 you spend you get $1 Disney Rewards. There is some kind of rounding up, but I'm not sure of the specifics.(My refrigerator cost $1100 and change, but I got $12 Reward Dollars so I'm not sure at what point they round up).

Hope that helps some!

Jennifer:bounce:

They round up from $50. For instance $149 would get $1 and $150 would get $2

Do they send you the disney dollars? I have 28 that I can use and we are going in oct.

Really not sure of how these things work

You have to call and request them to send your rewards and you may be able to do it online, not sure abut that. But they don't send DD, they send a coupon or certificate for the amount and you choose when you request them if you want WDW, DL or DS. If you choose DS, then you can go buy DD at the store.

Just for the record, you CANNOT buy DD with DDRD. Check the fine print in the info pamphlet you got with your Visa. You'd be better off to get a certificate for WDW or DL and spend it there.

Does anyone know what incraments they will send the certificates in. I have been useing my VISA for EVERYTHING and plan to give the kids the reward points as spending money. I would prefer to give them smaller amounts at a time like 10$ a day or someting like that. Can I still request it all at one time or shoud I request as we get to the 10$ amount? Also do they expire, our trip is not until Nov. Thank-you!:)

Magix, you stated that you cannot buy Disney dollars with your dream rewards, but the customer service representative I spoke to on Thursday said I could redeem my points for a Disney store card and buy Disney dollars with that. Now I am confused. I have read the fine print, but maybe I missed something. I know that it does state that you cannot buy Disney Dream Rewards with Disney dollars, but I couldn't find anything about the opposite being true- can you clarify?

:confused:

I redeemed my points online at the bankone website. I believe you can only order when you have a minimum of $20 in reward points. Once they are redeemed they do expire so I would wait til about 2 mos. out from your trip to start redeeming. If you leave them in your account they accrue. I think it took less than a week for mine to arrive once they were ordered.

I believe I have about 60 points, will they send them me 1 voucher or could I ask for several smaller ones like 3 worth 20 each? I will definitely wait until closer since they expire.:)

I just ordered my first vouchers. They come in $20 increments so you will get 3 $20 vouchers if you have a $60 credit.

I just ordered mien too. If I chose the TDS certs I could get it in increments of $10 or $20 but the WDW resort certs were only available in $10 so I had to order 2. I also ordered the guide book that shows where they can be used. its such a shame you cant get DD with them.

Originally posted by mousefansmom
Magix, you stated that you cannot buy Disney dollars with your dream rewards, but the customer service representative I spoke to on Thursday said I could redeem my points for a Disney store card and buy Disney dollars with that. Now I am confused. I have read the fine print, but maybe I missed something. I know that it does state that you cannot buy Disney Dream Rewards with Disney dollars, but I couldn't find anything about the opposite being true- can you clarify?

:confused:

Had to go through all that fine print stuff in the brochure that came with the visa card to figure out where I'd read this, but finally found it again. It says that DDRD have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for "cash or its equivalent". That would mean no Disney dollars, since they're a cash equivalent.

I think there's a lot of confusion out there, even among CMs, about how this program works. I suspect it's gonna take some time for the Disney folks to work out all the wrinkles.

Go to www.bankone.com/disney

enroll with your disney visa account

On the right there is a drop down for Select Action.
From this drop down select manage rewards.
The next page is informative only - select the manage rewards button.
This will give you a summary of your reward points.
From select action on this page select shop rewards catalog - this will show you what is available to order with your points.

Thanks, Magix for clarifying. I was hoping that they wouldn't count DD as cash equivalent, as they are not legal tender (so I was thinking you couldn't get quarters, dimes, etc. but DD might be ok). I will figure it out when I get to TDS, and they turn me down or not! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if after your first 20.00 reward cash out you can cash out in 10.00 increments? I thought I had read somewhere, can't find it though, that after your initial cash out you don't have to wait for 20 reward points to cash out.

I thought I would cut an paste from the catalog the stuff that you can order so far: (BTW all this info can be obtained by signing up for on-line access. You can monitor your account reward balances and any new catalog options and you can place your order on-line...)

"(A minimum order amount of 20 Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM is required.)"

Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM Guide
Item #: F1390
Description: The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM Guide will help you get the most out of your card by answering questions you might have about earning and redeeming your reward dollars. When you use Disney's Visa® Credit Card from Bank One, you’ll earn 1% or more in Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on card purchases that may be redeemed for most merchandise, park tickets, hotels, food and more at Disney Store, DisneyStore.com, Disney Catalog, Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts—including theme parks, and Disney Cruise Line®. Special Bonus Offers in your statement and at www.BankOne.com/Disney. will give you the opportunity to earn double, triple or more times the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on selected purchases or help you get more with your reward dollars when you redeem them.
Reward Dollars: 0
Standard Shipping: Free
Rush Shipping Fee (optional): Rush shipping is not available for this item.
Availability: In Stock

10 reward dollars for Disneyland® Resort
Item #: F1386
Description: Your use of this certificate is subject to the following terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program. This rewards certificate may be redeemed only toward select Disney merchandise and services at participating locations at Disneyland® park, Disney's California AdventureTM park, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®, Disneyland Hotel®, Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel and World of DisneyTM and Marceliene's Confectionery in Downtown Disney® District. This rewards certificate must be signed and surrendered at the time of redemption. No cash will be returned on rewards certificate redemption transactions with a value less than the number of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front of this rewards certificate. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are non-transferable, have no cash or monetary value, cannot be redeemed at non-participating locations and cannot be used towards payment of any outstanding balance on your Disney's Visa® Card. The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front will be forfeited upon expiration of this rewards certificate. This certificate is not subject to replacement by Disney and the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front will no longer be available for redemption if this rewards certificate is lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed.
Reward Dollars: 10
Rush Shipping Fee (optional): $10.00

10 reward dollars for Walt Disney World® Resort
Item #: F1387
Description: Your use and redemption of this rewards certificate is subject to the following terms and the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program. This rewards certificate may be redeemed only toward select merchandise, recreation, lodging, food, beverages and Walt Disney World® admission tickets at participating locations at the Walt Disney World® Resort and on Disney Cruise Line® ships. This rewards certificate must be signed and surrendered at the time of redemption. No cash will be returned on rewards certificate redemption transactions with a value less than the number of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front of this rewards certificate. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are non-transferable, have no cash or monetary value, cannot be redeemed at non-participating locations, and cannot be used towards payment of any outstanding balance on your Disney’s Visa® Card. The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front will be forfeited upon expiration of this rewards certificate. This rewards certificate is not subject to replacement by Disney and the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM noted on the front will no longer be available for redemption if this rewards certificate is lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed. If you have any questions as to whether a location is honoring this rewards certificate, or if this rewards certificate is redeemable for a particular product or service, please ask prior to your transaction.

10 reward dollars for Disney Store
Item #: F1388
Description: Your use and redemption of the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on this rewards card is subject to the following terms and the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program. The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on this rewards card may be redeemed only toward select Disney merchandise and services through the Disney Stores, Disney Catalog or Disney Store Online. This rewards card must be presented to the Disney Stores, Disney Catalog or Disney Store Online at the time of redemption. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are non-transferable, have no cash or monetary value and cannot be used towards payment of obligations. The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on this rewards card will be forfeited upon expiration of this rewards card. This rewards card is not valid outside the United States. This rewards card will no longer be available for redemption if this rewards card is lost or stolen. Additional Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM cannot be loaded on this rewards card.

20 reward dollars for Disney Store
Item #: F1389
Description: Your use and redemption of the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on this rewards card is subject to the following terms and the terms and conditions of the Disney RewardsSM Program. The Disney Dream Reward Dollars on this rewards card may be redeemed only toward select Disney merchandise and services through the Disney Stores, Disney Catalog or Disney Store Online. This rewards card must be presented to the Disney Stores, Disney Catalog or Disney Store Online at the time of redemption. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are non-transferable, have no cash or monetary value and cannot be used towards payment of obligations. The Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on this rewards card will be forfeited upon expiration of this rewards card. This rewards card is not valid outside the United States. This rewards card will no longer be available for redemption if this rewards card is lost or stolen. Additional Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM cannot be loaded on this rewards card.
Reward Dollars: 20

-DC :) (Still pondering how to spend my reward credits.... )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter