Points question...possible?

quentina

<font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and
I have an April use year. I need to cancel a 71 point reservation, some of the points were banked, some were borrowed.

Travel dates are less than 30 days out.

Am I able to cancel and deposit points for future trades? If so, is the DCL considered a trade?

I hate to lose these!!

Thanks so much!

I have an April use year. I need to cancel a 71 point reservation, some of the points were banked, some were borrowed.

Travel dates are less than 30 days out.

Am I able to cancel and deposit points for future trades? If so, is the DCL considered a trade?

I hate to lose these!!

Thanks so much!

" Travel dates are less than 30 days out " .... points go into Holding Status and so must be used by the end of the current UY or they will expire (Holding Status points may not be banked or borrowed)

You can

~ book a new DVC resort reservation 60 days or less before new check-in
date you'd like

OR you may exchange during the current UY for

The Disney Collection (except DLR) or Concierge Collection or Adventurer Collection BUT reservation would need to be made more than 4 months before end of UY for check-in date 60 days or less away.
( DCL is part of Disney Collection )

OR for DLR or World Passport Collection booking 60 days or less before
check-in you'd want.

It may be possible, I cannot tell you for certain because I've never used points outside of DVC resorts much less Holding Status points, that in World Passport Collection you may be able to utilize the points via Buena Vista Trading Co or Club Intrawest ( ? ) but again, I can't say for sure.

I don't know if you could have any possibilities with RCI.

Hopefully others here can advise you.

Best wishes & Hope things can work out for you :wizard:

You'd need more points to bank with RCI plus it'd still be short notice so I don't think that' really a good option. Your best bet is to reschedule if you can. Second best would be to rent it out rather than cancelling. You might be better off if you could change to something in March rather than something inside 30 days, it'd give you more time and a more desirable rental.

You have the rule of four to consider here, too. You can't book outside of DVC during the last four months of your UY to use during that last four months. You'd have to make the reservation for DCL and not just put a few points away for DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter