Points for RCCL?

Not sure what the question is, and the timeshare statement threw me off, but RCCL points are not interchangeable (you can't apply cruise points from one of their brands to another). However, RCL is the only cruise line that has reciprocity between its three main brands. They will honor your loyalty level with the equivalent loyalty level on their other brands. i.e., we are D+ on RCL, and Elite on Celebrity even though we've never sailed on Celebrity :)

I wouldn't have thought so, but it seems RCI (the timeshare company) does do *something* with a variety of cruiselines. Not sure if it's just an exchange or a discount or what...

http://pgs.rci.com/landing/ptr/cruise/index.html?promo=VANNAENUSPP2RCruise

NOTE: This link has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. There is nothing on that link that is relevant to the OP's question. The site is nothing more than a timeshare sales sucker ploy.

If you click through their site, you get dumped onto an online travel agency site, where you will pay exactly the same price for a cruise as someone who books directly with the cruise line.

Last edited:
The op is asking about RCI exchanges. RCI is a timeshare company and that's what I'm assuming she's asking about. If RCI can be exchanged for RCCL cruises.

I didn't think so, as I said, since RCI isn't the same as RCI (royal vs I can't remember what RCI the timeshare company uses to stand for) though I chose not to address the parent company acronym sameness (since the OP used RCCL in the title and therefore seems to have that figured out), but then I decided to look it up. And I found that site where people can exchange RCI timeshare points into the site for cruises. (The value I leave up to her...I dislike that timeshare company personally but others feel differently)

Since I'm not a member of that site or RCI the timeshare co I can't log in and see what prices are like if you have points to exchange. And I have my limits when it comes to looking things up for people. I chose not to check the prices against Royal. Since the op is asking about it I figure she can log in to RCI at least. And she can go from there.

I do not think I answered her wrong, based on my understanding of the question about RCI exchanges.

The gist of my question seems to be confusing people. My fault for not being more specific. I know that I can use my Disney points for an RCI exchange. I was wondering if RCI had cruises that I could use as an exchange. I was not meaning any one cruise line over another. In other words can I take say 200 Disney points exchange them for RCI points and then use the RCI points to go on a cruise.

I have been a long time member of RCI exchange. I am a old weeks member, so my knowledge of the point system is somewhat limited. If you are a member of RCI Exchange you can use your timeshare points or week for discounted prices on many cruise lines, including RCCL. However, most will tell you that this is not the best use of your timeshare points or week. It is more cost effective to use them to vacation in another timeshare.

https://www.rcicruiser.com/

The gist of my question seems to be confusing people. My fault for not being more specific. I know that I can use my Disney points for an RCI exchange. I was wondering if RCI had cruises that I could use as an exchange. I was not meaning any one cruise line over another. In other words can I take say 200 Disney points exchange them for RCI points and then use the RCI points to go on a cruise.

You would be much better off just renting the 200 points out and then taking the cash to pay for your cruise.

However, to answer your question, although actual RCI members may be able to use their timeshare interest on cruise lines, you are not able to do this with DVC points traded to RCI. DVC points can only be exchanged to RCI for a confirmed reservation at a limited selection of their properties, (which do not include cruise lines), or deposited with RCI for a future confirmed reservation at the same limited selection of their properties. Your DVC points exchanged to RCI are what allows RCI members to use their points to stay at DVC. If they allowed you to use your exchanged points for cruises, they still have to pay the cruise line with cash which would negate the value of your DVC points in their system. This is also the reason why RCI members may be able to find limited availability at the DVC resorts that they can book with their points, but there is never a way that they can use their points for a direct exchange for a Disney cruise.

Thank you very much for clarifying that. Good suggestion also about renting my points to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter