Points - Borrowing and Partial Canceling

jpal

Earning My Ears
I need some help and hopefully someone has the answer to this. I know that borrowed points can't be banked. What happens when if I need to borrow points for a ressie and cancel just part of the ressie? Can I bank the current years points?

Here the exact situation.
March Use Year 11 points banked from 2005
March 2006 ressie for 58 points
My Balance as of Mar 2006 is 11 (2005 points) + 150(2006 points) – 58 (March 06 Ressie) = 103

I want to reserve a 2br (120 points) and studio (45 points) for Nov 06, I will need to borrow 62 points from 2007 use year.
Here's where it get's tricky.
If I need to cancel the studio, can the 62 borrowed points be applied to the 2br and can I bank the 45 2006 points?
103(06) + 62(07) = 165
103(06) – 45(06 to Bank) + 62(07 Borrowed) = 120 for 2br
Then in March of 2007 I would have 45 2006 points and 88 2007 points.

I know the correct answer is to add on but that’s another story.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, you can bank the current points after reallocating. I'd make sure to use the borrowed points for the 2BR reservation- that way there is no question about banking the current points from the cancelled Studio. Either way it can be done, but it will simplify a bit if you use the borrowed points for the reservation you won't cancel.

I agree with DOC but it can be more complicated. Just make sure you use the borrowed (and any banked points if you still have them) for the larger unit and use the current use year points for the studio. That way if you have to cancel you should be able to do so easily and then bank if need be. Make sure you actually used the banked points for the march ressie.

Yes, verify with the MS CM after you make the reservations, but before you hang up. Lots easier to fix at the time than to have to rearrange the points afterwards.

Hope you don't have to cancel at all.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter