Points and Cruise

heninger85

Earning My Ears
My family of four just got home from a three day Disney Cruise. I would never use my points for this again. It was over 400 points for three days! If I had sold the points (I have before) I could have had approximatley $4000...no doubt, I could have gotten a longer cruise with that money. We have been DVC members for seven years and this was our second cruise. I know I am opening a can of worms with this statement, but we couldn't not believe the behavior of some of the children on the cruise and at Disneyworld. Lots of fits and undiscipline children....

Can't really speak to the unruly children issue. Though I guess on a ship where the kids can't really run off, some parents might not supervise their little ones as much.

As for the points for DCL, I think many would agree that it's not the cheapest way to go on a cruise.

However, if people want to use them that way, I say more power to them. Points are there to be used to make people happy. No matter how much debate there is over this, there is no right or wrong. It's simply a choice, and either one is appropriate.

I'm sorry your cruise wasn't as good as it could be. We're going on a 3 night cruise in November using points, didn't have the time or the inclination to rent, and cost for just the 2 of us is 124 points.

I'm guessing that your other cruise was better, was it also in the summer? From the cruise board, I know that DCL limits the number of children per cruise.

Bobbi:boat:

Time of year has a lot to do with it. I had no problems at all in February. Didn't go on points (Disney withdrawl when we got points is why we're now DVC owners). If you need to ge away from unruly kids, thouhg, it's probably better offseason. Usually it's just the adults who are unruly! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter