Point Transfer Questions

TandyR

DIS Veteran
My husband and I own at VWL and we are renting our points to a friend of ours. We would like to take the money we are getting from that rental and stay at BCV. Yes I know we could wait for the 7th month window and all that but we promised this friend the chance to rent our points before my husband decided he wanted to go to BCV rather then something else.

Any how if we pay someone to transfer BCV points to our account would they still be BCV points or do they turn into VWL points?

Am I right that it would be better for me to get points transfered to our account because we would have complete control of the points?

Is there anything else I need to know?

I have rented our points before, but only to this friend so this is all basicly new to me.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Why not use your own points and connect your friend with someone to rent from?

Member Services told me this week that transfer points retain their home resort identity. If I were you, I would call Member Services and ask them if this is how it is really working now. You may be able to find a Beachclub owner to rent to you.

Yes, the transferred points will retain their original resort status. In the past, MS had to manually track these and members often had to specifically direct MS to use the points at the transferred resort for a reservation 11 months ahead (at 7 months it didn't matter anyway) - but MS is reportedly able to do this more easily now.

Anyway - if you can find a BCV owner willing to transfer points into your account, you will be able to use them to make a reservation at BCV 11 months in advance.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter