point transfer question

ckmoore

Earning My Ears
I am in need of ten extra points to make my reservation at my home resort *** for July 2010. If I rent the points on the boards and have them transferred to my account, how does that work? Obviously I need [home resort] points, but what use month should I get (mine are April). I know the answer is probably obvious, but as I think about it my mind starts to explode! Thanks for your help-I can't wait to start planning.

Edit: Removed resort specific info so as not to be construed as a "transfer wanted" post. Edits appear in purple. - Chuck S

you can't request rentals or transfers except on the rent/trade board - please only ask nonspecific questions on these forums.

"renting" is not the same as "transferring" and you are requesting a "transfer."

you need to find a transfer for home resort points that have a UY that will be valid during your stay. assuming the points are within their banking window, you may bank pts that you have transferred in, so that they are valid for your stay.

it can be difficult to find a small transfer, as owners are only allowed one transfer per year.

ideally, it's better to borrow your own pts if you can, but if you've already borrowed all of your 2011 pts, that's not an option.

alternatively, you can a few bank current year pts and book the last night for cash through MS and have them link the reservations.

or, you could rent a reservation from another member for the last night of your stay (they would need to own at your home resort obviously.) as a renter, you would not be able to call MS to confirm or make adjustments to that part of the reservation. on arrival, you could ask the resort to let you have the same room for all of your nights but you might still have to re-check-in and possibly move.

Thanks for the advise Charles, and I apologize for my use of terms- obviously I am not well versed in all the "proper" terms to use. I completely understaned the reasons behind the need for being careful with the wording.

Thanks for the advise Charles, and I apologize for my use of terms- obviously I am not well versed in all the "proper" terms to use. I completely understaned the reasons behind the need for being careful with the wording.

don't apologize. this new timeshare-specific-language is something we all had to learn at one point.

but yeah, if you've already burned through all of your 2009, 2010 and 2011 points...you might want to think about picking up a small add-on... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter