Pofq?

Dory41

Mouseketeer
A few questions for all French Quarter fans....

I've read that this is the favorite resort for many and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences. I am also curious about transportation efficiency to the parks (esp. MK and MGM).

Thanks and Aloha!:earsgirl:

The French Quarter is my absolute favorite moderate resort at Disney!!! This is also one of the most compact resorts on property too. A big plus for this is that no matter what building you are in, it is a very quick walk to the pool, main building, food court & bus stop. I found the staff some of the best at WDW!!! My nephews still remember the pool with the water slide as the serpent's tongue!! The resort has a main pool, a kiddie pool, a hot tub tucked away behind the pool bar amongst some tall bushes, as well as a jungle gym. The buses do share some with it's sister resort POR, but ALWAYS picks up and drops off first at POFQ, so getting a seat is not so tough. I found the transportation to be good. There are times where I found that some of the buses went straight to the park instead of going to POR next.

This is a great resort!!!
:jumping1: :happy1:

I have stayed at the POFQ three times, and it is my first choice of any resort on Disney property (and I've stayed at 10 different resorts at all levels). Here are some of the reasons I love the POFQ:

*The compact size--it's a very manageable resort. I find the other moderates to be too spread out for my liking. It's an easy walk to the bus stop and the food court from any room in the resort.

*Transportation is great. As a previous poster pointed out, it shares a bus with the POR, but it picks up at the POFQ first which means you can usually get a seat.

*In all my stays at the POFQ, I have never heard a peep from my neighbors. In most of the newer resorts I've stayed in, the walls seem thinner, and you can hear footsteps and voices of your neighbors when they are at a loud conversational voice (not screaming). Never heard a peep at the POFQ.

*I've found the staff at the POFQ to be the best at any resort, and I hope that continues. The managers there do a great job with the staff. They are very helpful and friendly.

*I love the atmosphere and colors of the resort. It's just pleasant to walk around the resort. I always get a giggle out of the street signs. It's just really beautiful.

I am changing my reservations to the POFQ for my May trip. Can't wait to go back to my favorite resort.

Karen

I didn't even know what to request! I asked for a "preferred room" like at the CBR. They don't have that room designation for the POFQ. I just requested close to the food court. Is there a particular area I should ask for?

Marie

Help me jog my memory, does PO FQ have elevators??

Thanks,

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter