POFQ - Which Bldg is best?

maripoopoopoo

Earning My Ears
Hi, I wanted to put in my building request for POFQ, we will be there in late September :cool1: It will be me, my newly 4 year old daughter & my sister. I am partial to building 5, for the proximity to the pool, the boat to DTD and my understanding that it is a small resort - the buses don't seem to be a very far walk away. I doubt we will want to visit POR, just because we will have so much going on and the pool & food court will work for our needs - so proximity to POR is not required. It would be nice if the food courts had more vegetarian options, but I know Disney's limitations on this :sad2: Plus, we have are doing the dining plan, so we have plenty of reservations!

Can anyone tell me some pros & cons of either building? Having a quiet building really isn't a significant issue, since we will likely be sleeping when the majority of people are, etc! Also, are there any other must do (inexpensive) activities at the resort for a pre-schooler? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Hi, I wanted to put in my building request for POFQ, we will be there in late September :cool1: It will be me, my newly 4 year old daughter & my sister. I am partial to building 5, for the proximity to the pool, the boat to DTD and my understanding that it is a small resort - the buses don't seem to be a very far walk away. I doubt we will want to visit POR, just because we will have so much going on and the pool & food court will work for our needs - so proximity to POR is not required. It would be nice if the food courts had more vegetarian options, but I know Disney's limitations on this :sad2: Plus, we have are doing the dining plan, so we have plenty of reservations!

Can anyone tell me some pros & cons of either building? Having a quiet building really isn't a significant issue, since we will likely be sleeping when the majority of people are, etc! Also, are there any other must do (inexpensive) activities at the resort for a pre-schooler? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

When we stayed at POFQ before we left I looked into the "Best" & "worst" for buildings I found out 1 & 7 were the worst. We get there we get building 1 of course LOL. It was fine as you have heard it is a small resort. We had a car so we could park close to our room & we enjoyed the short walk to the Food Court & pool the grounds are very pretty. It is a wonderful resort.

Kae

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-french.htm

here's a map of the buildings, in case you need one in front of you.....even though you probably already saw it :) when my parents took me when I was 9, we stayed in building 5 on the back side, so we didn't have the pool noise. it was really nice and quiet, but close to everything. When we went again in 2005 we stayed in building 6 (if memory serves correctly) and it still was an easy walk to everything. Honestly, even if your request isn't met and you can't change it at checkin, i don't think it would be a terrible walk for your family. Also, when you check in i think they will give you a resort activities sheet (again, its been 6 years since i stayed there, so things may have changed) that lists what is happening when. although i always thought that the slide down a tongue was the coolest thing as a little girl, but maybe that was just me haha. I hope you all have a magical vacation!!

Thanks for your responses!

I just saw something on Mouse misers where I could get free dining for my stay - so I called and got it! I also put in my "request" for Bldg 5 or 4...hopefully I will get it! :banana:

We asked for bldg #4 - closests to the bus stop and food court.
our 2nd choice is bldg #5 non-pool view.

Since we have a stardard room reserved - I think bldg #5 is now garden or water (pool or river) view. - no Standard rooms - so I do not think we will get bldg #5.

So most likely we will get bldg #4 - parking lot view - still good for us, since the other side of bldg#4 would be garden view.

From the POFQ map -> it looks like most rooms are water or garden.
Very few rooms face the parking lot (and bushes). :rotfl:

We like POFQ because of the small size and it fits our current budget.

We were in building 5, room 5235, last month and it was just perfect for us. Our room was on the garden side not the pool side so it was quiet and our room was just steps to the pool, laundry and food court

Thanks for your responses!

I just saw something on Mouse misers where I could get free dining for my stay - so I called and got it! I also put in my "request" for Bldg 5 or 4...hopefully I will get it! :banana:

Congrats on the free dining! We stayed in Building #5, and we thought it was a great location. We were close to the pool, and a short walk to the main building. We loved French Quarter, hope you do too!

Last month we were on the courtyard side of Building 2 facing the fountain. It was a perfect location. We were just steps from the boat dock, right around the corner from the pool, and still very close to the main building/bus stop. Up until this trip, I've always requested and got building 4 at POFQ, but will be requesting Building 2 or 5 from now on.

We prefer 6 because its far away from the parking lot, so there's no "parking lot" view :)

The resort is so small that we weren't concerned about being close to the main building since everything is so close already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter