• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ vs. POR

Marsheliz

DIS Veteran
Which one do you prefer?
Pros and Cons to each?

Forgive if this has been done before but we have stayed at POFQ and enjoyed it but I am looking at POR bc of the extra trundle bed...

My family really likes POR. They have re-furbed the whole resort, there are no longer trundle beds in the Bayou. They have these cute Murphy Beds that pop out of the wall. You have to request a room with one.
There is also a whole site devoted to POR --
http://portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

I like that it is a bigger resort than POFQ. There are so many shaded walkways. The pool is great, the dining hall has good options for QS too. You can always try it and take a walk over to FQ if you are feeling nostalgic ;)

Good Luck

If you're going with kids, I'd definitely stay at POR! I've stayed at both and love them both for different reasons. Have a great time!:wave2:

We have only stayed at POFQ. If we eat anything besides breakfast at the resort, we will only eat at POR - they have a much better cafeteria with a lot more options. POR has TS dining which is also great. POR also has several pools so if I was staying with kids, I would lean towards POR.

We've stayed at both. We loved the small size of POFQ, as well as busing. POR has a much better pool, foodcourt, overall beautiful resort- but very large, and sometimes the 4 bus stops get old. We love to walk around POR, and we eat at the resort a lot, so my choice is POR.

Thanks for all of the responses! It looks like POR us majority favorite! I really enjoyed FQ but Riverside just looks so beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter