POFQ vs CBR - Which would you pick ?

POFQ vs CBR - Which would you pick ?

• Sty at POFQ

• Stay at CBR

Results are only viewable after voting.

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Pool & Elevator not an issue.

April or May for our next visit, maybe no DS or DD - but they are both young adults if they join us for our next WDW adventure.
So that is an extra $15 each per night for them - they pay it, if they join us.

Need the resort with the best buses, no bed-bugs, and clean.

POFQ - 315 sq ft, boat to DTD, small size, easy to walk around.

CBR - 340 sq ft, extra storage in the luggage "rack", large resort

Both have buses to the Parks, both have open closets, 2 sinks in the bathroom, newly renovated, places to get a bite to eat and milk in the gift shop.

Which resort is better?

I have stayed at both multiple times and I prefer POFQ. The resort is more appealing to me, not that CBR isn't, as I like the French Quarter theming.

The boat service to DTD is also a big plus if you plan on shopping or eating there.:wave2: One drawback is there is no full service restaurant there, you have to go to PORS for Boatwrights.:(

You would most likely be okay at either resort.

Have a great trip.:)

Having stayed at both, we much prefer CBR even with the double beds. The theme and layout of CBR is more appealing to us. It's spread out so even when it's at capacity it never feels like it. It feels like a peaceful relaxing tropical get away. You can't go wrong with either one though regarding your qualifications of good buses, clean and no bed bugs.

We have done both. If your decision is based on best buses, I would go with POFQ. CBR has, I believe, 7 bus spots that you hit. (you don't hit each every trip, but sometimes it feels like it!!). POFQ has 1. Altho it does sometimes share with POR which has 4...still we thought the buses overall were a much short room-to-park / park-to-room trip with POFQ.

We enjoyed both and I'm sure you'd enjoy your stay at either! Have a great trip!

We have stayed at both. POFQ is much preferred over CBR. We liked the food court and overall small feel of the resort. It was nice to stroll around the whole resort and also have the boat to DTD. The one bus stop made things much easier too instead of getting a tour of the whole resort when we were leaving to go to a park.

We have stayed at both. POFQ is much preferred over CBR. We liked the food court and overall small feel of the resort. It was nice to stroll around the whole resort and also have the boat to DTD. The one bus stop made things much easier too instead of getting a tour of the whole resort when we were leaving to go to a park.

I agree with Disneyjunkie. We've stayed at both, I liked CBR, but honestly, the downside for me were the busses. There were so many stops, it just felt like we never got out on the road (or even back to our stop at the resort). I liked the themeing, but it wasn't my fav. Food court was excellent.

I would go back to POFQ before I would book another stay at CBR. And I love the recent updates (bedding, etc) at POFQ. Food court okay, not my fav. It's a short walk to POR, excellent nighttime bar show. :)

Either way, you are going to love your trip.

We stayed at CBR in 2008 and had a great time. We haven't stayed at POFQ, but the theming doesn't appeal to me at all. CBR is a beautiful resort. I would always pay for a preferred room at CBR then we don't have to worry about the size. I agree with PP that CBR's size is a positive in that the resort never seems full even when most of the 2500 rooms are in use.

Both are great. I voted for POFQ only for the transportation. The buses are convenient - it is a much smaller resort, and there is the boat to DTD. CBR is 2 story buildings, very large and open with a beautiful lake so it is very pretty and feels like a caribbean resort. POR is much more closed in with woods and river but is simply gorgeous. POFQ is smaller, compact while still pretty and this means getting around is a little easier. Can't go wrong at any of them. 100 days to POR for me!

Wife and daughter love the carribean theming at CBR. I love the New Orleans theming at POFQ. All 3 of us agree the food court was better at CBR. Bus and boat service worked better for us at POFQ. Plus Riverside is just a short walk away. We've been CBR 2wice and POFQ 1nce, so I'm thinking it's POFQ for the next trip!!:thumbsup2

been to the French Qtr and to POR and really do not like the Themeing for the POFQ but love the boats downtown.
That leaves the busses. We never been to CBR does anybody have a Bus secret for the CBR specifically the preferred rooms? Which area is best for the bus pick ups and drop offs.? Which area is 1st pick up or 1st drop off etc?
I need help with this too?

I've stayed at both and POFQ would be my choice, no question.

POFQ is much much smaller than CBR, which is a huge plus. We were at the first bus stop at CBR and it felt like we were on the bus forever before going to the parks. POFQ only has 1 bus stop. You get on, and you are on your way!

I also thought CBR had a pretty limited food court. I had a hard time finding anything I liked, and ended up eating chicken nuggets a few times. And unless you pay to be in a preferred room, you have a hike to get there. POFQ is so small no matter where you room is everything is a short walk.

That leaves the busses. We never been to CBR does anybody have a Bus secret for the CBR specifically the preferred rooms? Which area is best for the bus pick ups and drop offs.? Which area is 1st pick up or 1st drop off etc?
I need help with this too?

The first bus stop at CBR is typically not the preferred area. Jamaica is the first stop for 3 out of the 4 parks. So you have to decide if being first on the bus is important, or if being close to the food court and pool is important.

I have stayed at POFQ over 15 times, I love it. The atmosphere, the location (boat ride to Downtown Disney), and everything it has to offer. I have also stayed a CBR, and I didn't really like it, the pool is neat but the hoel is really big a spread out and it is a long walk to everything if you are not close to the pool. Port Orleans is awesome, I would stay there if I were you!

I loved staying at POFQ...much better than CBR. Here are my reasons:
  • CBR is very spread out. Even the preferred rooms seemed to be a bit of a walk to the pool and main area.
  • At CBR, we had problems with mosquitos. I think it was the large lake.
  • With POFQ, you can go use Riversides pool. This was a nice change for the kids.
  • I loved finding small garden areas for my morning prayer time in POFQ.
  • We love getting the beads!

Hope this helps with your decision!

Never stayed at CBR, but absolutely loved POFQ. I have visited CBR and I prefer the themeing of POFQ more so than CBR. Also POFQ is a lot smaller of a resort with only one bus stop there, but there is the possibility of sharing with POR, which only happened a few times when I stayed there. Plus the beds at POFQ are bigger, so my vote goes to POFQ!

I have never stayed at POFQ but I have stayed at CBR. I can't say enough good things about CBR. That is the only place me and my family will stay when we go to Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter