POFQ - Three Adults + Two Beds = Possible Problem

BklynGirl

Earning My Ears
Hi - my husband and I stayed at POFQ last year and LOVED it. We are looking to go back in September and this year invited my mom to come along. Last year we had the room with two double beds and it worked out perfectly because my husband and I are not small people and so we each used one bed. But with Mom along this year obviously that's not going to work. Since none of us are small people, I really don't see any of us sharing one of those double beds. Is it possible to have a rollaway bed brought in to a POFQ room so each of us will have a bed?

Any/all suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much!

I think it's POR that offers 'trundle beds' which is a bed that pulls out from under one of the main beds. I'm not sure how comfy it would be your mom tho!

Knox

I don't think the trundle bed at POR is meant for adults, it sounds like it's pretty small.

As for rollaway beds....I'm not sure. I've heard that the resorts don't have them, I've heard that they're available for an extra charge, and I've heard that there are only a very few available at each resort, so they're tough to get.

I'd bring an air mattress, or, if you can swing it financially, get an extra room for your Mom.

I vote for the air mattress also. You can each take a turn one night on your trip.

Yes the Double beds are small. We sleep in a king and it took a few nights to get used to it

I am not going to tell you not to do this but.....

I believe from what I can gather from your ages, that any of you sleeping on an air mattress might not be the best idea in the world. My husband is 5'6" and an active racquetball player so he's pretty spry. He was miserable on an air mattress. I'm 5' nothing and weigh 100 pounds on a good day. It takes me quite a while to get up off an air mattress. Pretty entertaining at 3:00 AM when I have to go to the bathroom.

And saying that, my husband and I have king bed at home. If we get anything less than that anywhere, we each take a bed. We can sleep in a double but we have to be aware of each other.

My advice would be to either get the air mattress before you go and each of you spend a few nights getting used to it (or borrow one from a friend if you don't have one). Or, get the two rooms. At Disney World, the last thing you want is a not so restful night of sleep.

When I stayed at CBR in 2002 they had roll away beds available, for a per-night fee. I believe it was $15 per night. I slept on it 1 night and it was VERY comfortable, and the housekeeper made up the bed each day.

Since POFQ is also a moderate resort, I would *think* they'd also have roll aways available, but I'm not positive. Hopefully someone with recent experience will reply soon. :)

We inquired about a roll a way in 2005 at POR and were told they did not have any. We also had 3 adults and each wanted their own bed. 2 of us had to share beds. Call POFQ's front desk and ask to be sure if a roll a way is available. Otherwise, you'll probably be more comfortable with 2 rooms. Maybe you could get a connecting room. Another choice would be to move to a family suite at ASMusic.

Then you'd even have an extra bed and some privacy for all...2 bathrooms two!
Trish

We got a roll away bed at POR in the mansion section at Christmas time. We had 4 in the room. I had brought an aerobed in case a rollaway wasn't available.

I would highly recommend getting mom her own room. I wouldn't want to share a room with my mother in law. :scared1:

We have had no trouble getting roll aways at any of the moderates. Got one at POFQ last year, $15 a night. :) We just tell them at check in. They won't do or know anything if you call ahead of time, sometimes they are clueless about such things.;)

My DD or DS sleeps on it and thinks they are quite comfy.

ETA-You will have to pay an extra adult charge, so that is another $15 I think? If you can get a discount in Sept, 2 rooms might be worthwhile.

Glad to hear that roll a ways are available. We must have gotten a CM who did not know. We'll know to consider this the next time.

The problem with rollaways is "as available". If they're gone, they're gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter