POFQ review

BAST

DIS Veteran
We stayed at POFQ for seven nights (July 30 through August 5).

It was my DD11, DD13 and me (my wife stayed home this trip).

This was our first stay at a moderate resort and we absolutely loved it. We were in room 6124. I had requested a room in building 6 without an adjoining door and we were upgraded from a standard room to a river view room (which did not have an adjoining door).

The view was really nice - however, without a balcony I do not think the view is very important. Still, it was a really nice upgrade.

The room itself was very clean and certainly enough space for the 3 of us. The pool and CS restaurant were really nice. The walk to our car was relatively short.

The resort seemed pretty empty - the parking lot was never full and the pool and food court seemed empty (even at prime times). Overall, the resort was very quiet.

The theming is this resort was quite nice and well maintained.

We walked to POR Riverside a few times, and used that pool once. Again, I was impressed by the resort and the theming.

The only negative - we used the boat to DD twice, and it was very crowded. The boat picks up people at POR Riverside first, and a few boats were completely full and could not pick anyone up at POFQ. Also, one night the boats stopped running because of lightning. The bus ride back took forever (40 minutes) since the bus first stopped at POR Riverside.

That said, I would really recommend this resort and would likely stay at POFQ again.

Any questions?

POFQ is my favorite moderate. I love the look and feel of the resort. Sounds like you had a good trip. The one flaw we had was the boat situation also. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Welcome Back :wave2:

We :love: POFQ but also had a problem with the boats. We like to visit DTD a few times during our stay for movies, meals and shopping :rolleyes1

We found it easier and much quicker to take a cab. To drop us off at the movies and Planet Hollywood was about $12.00 (tip included). One nice thing about the resort being so close to DTD the cab ride was very inexpensive and super quick too.

Especially in the heat of summer standing waiting for a boat if you just missed it is not fun. We rode the boat home each evening luckly there was no lightening.

Thanks for your review.

Is there a bus to DTD also, or do you have to take the boat or cab?

22 days til my first stay there! I'm trying to figure to if I should call in any sort of request or not! I'd love to have a corner room with 2 windows to decorate..or ground floor room... but who knows, I'll be happy where ever! I'll be in WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter