• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ Re-Opening Date???

iluvwdw_2002

Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!
Hey, Everyone!!! Does anyone out there know when POFQ is scheduled to re-open???

And does anyone know what improvements they are making to the resort?

Thanks!!

Please forgive me as I can't remember where I read this, but I heard that POFQ was reopening near Nov. & Dec. of this year. (Think I read it in the updated Pass Porter.) Not sure if that means a few buildings or the whole POFQ resort.

Diznee25

Depending who you ask POFQ will be reopening...

...December, 2003
...Christmas, 2003
...December, 2005
...Spring, 2004
...never

I think it is quite clear that no one knows for sure.

At this point, I won't believe anything unless they are taking reservations or I see an official announcement from Disney.

I was just at POR last week and the boat captain told us that the POFQ would be opening next spring. They are painting, putting down new carpet and I think he said new furniture. Apparently the resort is getting a complete overhaul.
But as another poster stated everyone gets a different answer from the various CMs.

I asked this weekend if the French Quarter would be open the 1st week of Feb. 2004 and the CM said NO.

Thanks everyone for your replies!!!

I am planning on going in May 2004. So, Disney is not taking reservations, is that correct? If I make reservations elsewhere, is it easy to change my resort reservation if the POFQ opens in the Spring (for example)?

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by iluvwdw_2002
If I make reservations elsewhere, is it easy to change my resort reservation if the POFQ opens in the Spring (for example)?

Thanks!!!

Very easy. Just call the CRO. If I end up getting an AP discount :smooth: for my February trip or if I hear PO-FQ is opening early I will definitely be making a change.

Our boat driver from 2 weeks ago told us that it was reopening on Dec 16. Wonder when it will really open?

We are hoping to stay there in late April. The Frrech Quarter is our favorite because of the small size, the one bus stop, and the overall themeing. I, too, would like to see it when it is redone. I guess I can just keep my fingers crossed and hope what I have read from the boards is true!

I was told sometime ago by a CM that it would definately be open by spring 2004 but they were going to try and have it opened sooner. SO who knows. I just hope it is open by OCT 2004.....thats my next trip and POFQ is my absolute favorite. I hope it is open before all of you leave for your trips. Good luck and have fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter