• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ/POR busses

Ryann

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Just returned from our Disneymoon Sunday. We stayed at POFQ, which we loved. However, one of the reasons we chose this resort was because it was supposed to get dropped off before POR. This happened the beginning of the week, but starting Wednesday, the bus drivers started going to POR first. The last part of the week they only went to POFQ to drop off first maybe twice. Was anyone else there and noticed this? We were not happy campers to have to sit through 4 stops @ POR (where hardly anyone even got off the bus).

Wow, that is a news flash! On every thread regarding POFQ, you will hear "First on/first off" as a reason for staying there. Was POFQ still first pickup every time? I wonder if the change was due to the new GPS system.

Congratulations on your wedding!:bride: :groom:

When we stayed at POFQ in Feb, the same thing happened to us twice. It's really only another 10 mintues or so, but still, when you are expecting to be dropped off first and you are last, it's kind of irritating!

When we stayed at POFQ in Feb, the same thing happened to us twice. It's really only another 10 mintues or so, but still, when you are expecting to be dropped off first and you are last, it's kind of irritating!

I totally agree with you about the small time difference. I don't mind waiting, standing, or making several stops when taking the WDW buses. As long as I get where I want to go, it's all fine! When I'm on vacation, I relax. :cool: It's just that first on/first off has been such a selling point for POFQ.

We stayed at POFQ this past Feb. the only time the bus picked up and dropped off at POR first was for the bus to and from DDT. I wonder if it is now going to be changing for good for certain routes????:confused3

i was at POFQ from 5/29 - 6/2 and was always dropped off first.

That's one of the reasons why we didn't care for POFQ/POR, the shared transportation.

Ugh, if they changed it and POR is always going to be first, I'm changing my reservation and going back to POP. :( The only reason I took a chance on POFQ was because they're first.

Some mornings we didn't go to POR, but I don't know if that was because they were picked up first, because the bus wasn't very full. I know it is a small difference, but when you are super tired and expecting to be dropped off first, then you roll on by the entrance to POFQ, it is quite annoying! :goodvibes

I wonder if that was an exception, or something new they're trying.

Normally I would care, but we stay at POFQ because my husband is in a wheelchair. Being first on means he doesn't have to displace someone that is already seated. He doesn't like to call attention to himself, so he would probably wait for another bus. But if POR is always picked up first who knows how long it would take to get a bus.

If POR being picked up fist will be the new norm, we will have to reconsider where we stay in the future.

We stayed at POFQ for 2 weeks and for the first and most of the second week they picked up/ dropped at POFQ first, but that began to change. we asked a driver who said in the newer buses the computer commentary starts with POR stops so they have to change the route. He said it may all be like that soon.

That would def have influenced where we stayed as POR very rarely got seats during busy times. I'm not totally convinced by the explanation tho as the buses it occurred on didn't seem any newer.

Hope someone has further info for you :wizard:

heh... the spiel is triggered by GPS. there's only one 'welcome to Port Orleans Riverside' while the others just announce the depot names and one 'welcome to Port Orleans French Quarter' but it doesn't force the driver to go in any particular sequence. it's quite the opposite.

and as i mentioned, i literally just came back saturday and POFQ was always dropped off first in my experience. didn't take it to DTD though.

I can't speak for other hubs but from MK when the resorts are combined, POFQ is ALWAYS susposed to be first. Only after 3pm are the resorts seperated.

The last buses out of MK at closing will usually be combined also. At that time FQ still should be first.

If the route was different, it's probably a new driver who just messed up.

Question though,

Why would you chose POP over FQ just because the bus may not go there first? You will get the same crowed bus to POP as to a combined POR/FQ. The ride from POP to MK is the longest ride on property and usually always crowded. You also do not have the option for the boat ride to DTD.
Maybe the ride is shorter to Epcot and MGM but it's just about the same as MK to AK.

Why would you chose POP over FQ just because the bus may not go there first?

It's the stops. We've stayed at Pop the past three times and been delighted with bus service. We've never waited longer than 5 minutes for a bus (except one time for DTD) and we've never had to wait for a second bus. Only had to stand maybe 3 times out of who knows how many. Of course, we're always there in the off-season. After being spoiled by Pop (no stops... get on and get straight to the parks) I don't want to go somewhere and have to sit through 4 stops before we get to a park or sit/stand through 4 stops before we get to the hotel. I'm just too spoiled by Pop's great bus service.

I just reviewed our GPS trails (geeky huh?) and yes, along with Brad we were there 5/27-6/3, if the route included POFQ it was always first.

At POR for morning pickups it was W, N, E, and South (lobby) was last.

I saw several drivers complaining on SGT about some new upgrade in the Route Sys they use, but that explains the Bus Sign not being correct, not actually knowing the dropoff order. I say new bus guy.

We had great bus service, coming/going, early morning, midday, night. WestDepot POR worked very well for us.

When I was there in March, POR was first for Downtown Disney only. The other busses did POFQ first. The drivers for Downtown Disney actually reminded everyone that they would be going to POR first, since everyone was used to going to FQ first on the other routes.

I just reviewed our GPS trails (geeky huh?) and yes, along with Brad we were there 5/27-6/3, if the route included POFQ it was always first.

At POR for morning pickups it was W, N, E, and South (lobby) was last.

I saw several drivers complaining on SGT about some new upgrade in the Route Sys they use, but that explains the Bus Sign not being correct, not actually knowing the dropoff order. I say new bus guy.

We had great bus service, coming/going, early morning, midday, night. WestDepot POR worked very well for us.

Thanks! Especially for the bus stop order at POR. Were you in AB section?

yes dumbo - we were in AB 2457.

Dropoffs were POFQ (when before 3pm), S, W, N, E.

yes dumbo - we were in AB 2457.

Dropoffs were POFQ (when before 3pm), S, W, N, E.

We had the same experience when we stayed in AB (25 or 26?) and used the West Depot. It was always the first pickup, with the Main Depot last. There were only 1 or 2 other families waiting with us, the waits were less than 10 minutes, and the bus was empty (or almost) when it picked us up.

On the way back, it was the same order as you had. We had to stand sometimes, but for us it wasn't a problem. We were the 3rd stop getting off, after POFQ and Main Depot.

We had the same experience when we stayed in AB (25 or 26?) and used the West Depot. It was always the first pickup, with the Main Depot last. There were only 1 or 2 other families waiting with us, the waits were less than 10 minutes, and the bus was empty (or almost) when it picked us up.

On the way back, it was the same order as you had. We had to stand sometimes, but for us it wasn't a problem. We were the 3rd stop getting off, after POFQ and Main Depot.

When we were at POR last August our experiences were the same. Every morning we boarded an empty bus at the West Depot and then did a loop of the other stops. When I reported it on the boards on one of the "POR buses are awful"-type threads, I was told that I must have been mistaken. We were in building 25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter