POFQ or POR?

Super Duper Excited

Earning My Ears
HI! My family and I are going to WDW the begining of June..This will e our FIRST trip out there:cheer2:...there are 10 of us....3 separate rooms. Two Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle Two Cousins (9 and 6) and US: Me, DH, DD5, DS2
We are trying to decide btwn POFQ or POR.... Which do you recommend...and which rooms would be best and closest to Bus Stops?
THANKS!:yay:

Well, our family LOVED POFQ,

Things we loved about POFQ:

- gorgoues environment with lovely live music playing much of the time.
- tasty and varied options at food court
- only one bus stop, which sounds wierd, but the resort is SO small that it doesn't matter... and you aren't making multiple bus stops within the resort. However, you do share with Riverside. But it's great cuz we were either the first to be dropped off froma park or (some ppl don't like this) you were first to be picked up which does make for a longer ride but you are gaurenteed a seat and it's air conditioned! I'd rather sit in air conditioning than on bench in the hot sun!
- Since it's small you never feel crowded even at the pool or the food court

Overall we had an excellent experience at this resort. We were in the farthest building away from the main entrance/food/bus stop, and it never was a long walk or annoyed us.

Good luck deciding. I know LOTS of ppl swear by Riverside too. :) Either way... I'm SURE you'll have a great experience no matter where you choose.

POFQ for all the reasons the PP said. We absolutely loved it for its size, especially with our toddler. Staying at such a small resort really is better when you're pushing a stroller. We very rarely shared buses with POR but when we did POFQ was picked up and dropped off first. It's about a 10 minute walk over to POR and you can use their pool and food court if you want.

Definitely vote for POFQ!

I prefer POR in the mansion section. because of quiet pools, theming, and food court.
But- I was just there in Jan, and saw the new POFQ rooms, and they look beautiful. Queen beds, flat screen TV, new bathrooms, new everything.
So maybe FQ, until POR finishes with their renos- starting in May.

FQ just got upgraded with Queen beds but I still prefer POR. I like the fact that the resort is big.

Seriously!! I've been away from DIS for a bit as I havent had a trip to plan... FQ got Queen beds?

We are going in May and I was debating Value or Moderate, we need connecting rooms and DH and I hate the small beds and end up sleeping apart most of the time - he's just so tall. Anyway - I think this just sealed it!

All rooms or just some?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter