POFQ or CSR?

We have stayed at both and by far prefer POFQ. In fact, it is our favorite moderate resort. POFQ is the smallest WDW resort, so no room is very far from the main building or the bus stop. They have the boat to DTD and PORS. POFQ and PORS are sister resorts, so you can legally use all the pools at both resorts. POFQ has always been the quietest resort we've ever stayed at and the CMs are so friendly and helpful there. There is a piano player in the bar area that's really fun. We love the jazz music that's always playing as you walk up into the food court area. The pool is really cute for small kids and we like how the hot tub is seperated from the pool in it's own little alcove. The bignets in the food court are great and we've never had a problem finding a seat in there. We have stayed at all level of resorts (values, mods, and deluxes) and POFQ is just the most peaceful and relaxing we've ever stayed at. It's a great retreat from the parks. Oh, one more thing, POFQ has two sinks, whereas CSR has only one.

CSR is OK. We have stayed at all four mods and would probably rank CSR as #3 (behind POFQ and PORS). CSR is a convention resort and just doesn't feel like Disney to me. The Casita section is lovely though with all the pretty fountains and the pool slide is neat for kids. CSR is built around a lake and is huge, so if you are stuck out in one of the further buildings you are in for a LONG walk to the food court every day. We had a room in the Casitas (which is the closest to the main buildings) and it still felt like a long walk. We also didn't like all the drunk conventioneers we saw. We couldn't even use the quiet pool, because of all the drunks in it at night. Also it seems like the rudest CMs we've ever met were at CSR. It's like no one there was happy to be there, if that makes sense. I do have to admit that they have the best bus system and the best food court (if you are on the DDP--otherwise it is very expensive) of all the WDW resorts. Their food court does get very crowded though. Oh and some of the rooms have been refurbished and now have queen size beds, which the other mods do not have. We still prefer POFQ though and in fact will be at POFQ again in May.

CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website below for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

ostjs3.jpg

2igcfa0.jpg

CSR!! We love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR also has a great playground that is located at the main pool area so you don't have to leave to use it. CSR also has a large sandy beach area and the terrific transportation. Plus CSR offers queen beds too!

I've never stayed at CSR, but I love POFQ! It is such a pretty resort, very small and easy to get around. It has excellent bus service, boat transportation to DTD, a great pool and hot tub, plus you can use all the amenities of POR since they are sister resorts. Good luck deciding!

I've stayed at POFQ twice and am staying at CSR in June. While POFQ is definitely more compact, I believe CSR will give you more for your money. First, POFQ only has a food court--no sit-down restaurant. For some folks this is okay but I found it to be a mild annoyance.

You can't go wrong with either resort IMO. But I'd give the edge to CSR. :thumbsup2

I've stayed at both and prefer CSR. While I liked POFQ visually, I like CSR spacially, if that makes sense. While others like that POFQ is a small, compact resort, I think it's kind of cramped. The buildings are kind of close together. I like that CSR has lots of open space -- it feels like a real resort. The views are tremendous at CSR but just so-so at POFQ (I like the big lake at CSR better than the river at POFQ).

To me, the proximity of the main building to my room is never an issue. We only eat at the Pepper Market maybe once or twice per trip. We eat our own breakfast stuff in our room. The buses are convenient to the rooms. The bus service has always been great at CSR. POFQ was OK, but when we were there we almost always had to go to POR and load up more people until the bus was completely full. At CSR, there's just the 4 stops and many times the bus is not full going to the parks.

Our oldest likes CSR, but has not stayed at POFQ (that was a Mommy and Daddy only trip!). He likes the pool and slide.

We have stayed at the CSR seven times and have already booked trip number eight. We have never stayed at the POFQ, but I can say that it is the only other moderate out of the three we've not stayed at that we would even consider staying at.

We love that the CSR is spread out because even if the resort is full you never feel that there are people on top of you. It is so quiet and serene. Our boys no longer travel with us (they are both in college), but CSR was their favorite resort over the CR, Poly and All-Star Sports. The main pool is terrific with the long slide, there is a kiddie pool, playground right next to the main pool, as well as the arcade and the largest hot tub on property. There are also three quiet pools.

CSR has recently upgraded to all queen beds which is an added bonus.

I have only stayed at POFQ so I can't give a fair opinion on CSR although I have visited and dined there. My advice is to go with the resort theming that appeals the most to you and your family. My personal choice would be POFQ because I just don't care for CSR's room decor. Reminds me way too much of business travel and that is something I do not want on a vacation. However many do enjoy the extra amenities that are available at CSR like room service, full service restaurant, spa facilities...these are amenities that are not necessary for my family. What does appeal to me about CSR is the pool (although I think the POFQ pool is cool too) and the fact that the rooms have queen size beds rather than full size like other moderate resorts. What I like better about POFQ is the overall theming, the boat to Downtown Disney and the smaller size. Good luck with your decision!

You didn't say how old your kids are but if the pools are a factor then CSR definitely! The pool and hot tub at CSR are huge and the slide is much better than POFQ. CSR also has quiet pools which POFQ doesn't. The arcade and playground are both in the pool area also. Since you would be paying the same at both resorts, you do get more for your money at CSR (bike and watercraft rental, fitness club, sit down restaurant, better food court with more choices).

We have stayed at both and we preferred POFQ over CSR. Especially since you mentioned taking children. POFQ is very compact and more family friendly. We also experienced better CM's and a liked the food court better at POFQ.

GO with the themeing that you like. Try not to base it off pictures on the internet as it is not the same as being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter