• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ or Coronado Springs

annabug

Mamabug
Hey everyone!

Help me decide for our May trip. 4 people 2 adults 2 kids (12/8)

We have previously stayed at

CBR
POFQ
Poly
OKW
SSR

This time I want a moderate. Trying to watch my budget. I love POFQ for its size and cool slide.
We have never stayed at CSR.
Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

I am at Pofq right now and think the size is awesome. The one downside is there is only one pool. We walked around CSR (and i stayed there once) and it is a huge resort, lots of walking.

CSR is a great resort if you can afford preferred, or better yet, Business Class. That's the only way we stay there. No way I want to be stuck out in the Ranchos section.

Hey everyone!

CBR
POFQ
Poly
OKW
SSR

This time I want a moderate. Trying to watch my budget. I love POFQ for its size and cool slide.

You kinda picked opposites .... POFQ has minimal amenities and less than all the other moderates
and CSR has more amenities than all of the other moderates. To me POFQ is overpriced.

You say "cool slide" ... I will venture your kids will think it's pretty lame. When we stayed at POR,
we walked over to POFQ to eat breakfast and went to see the pool and slide. Our kids were about 5 and 9,
and they both were uninterested and my 5 year old said he didn't want to stay there because of slide.
CSR on other hand has the longest slide of moderates and one of the longest on property. The whole pool
area is great because it's so self contained with QS, Mug refill station, playground, etc right there.

Hey everyone!

CBR
POFQ
Poly
OKW
SSR

Since you've never stayed at CSR i would suggest that one. Also it has by far the best pool of any of the mods.

Absolutely depends on your personal preferences. We love the size and location of POFQ and we find it peaceful at the end of a busy day!

Pool much better at CSR. Stayed there when my daughter was 9, she loved the slide and the whole pool area. Size-wise, CSR feels about the same to me as OKW.

We like POFQ for adults-only trips, with its small size and easy access to Disney Springs. If we have any kids older than 5 in the group, I'd pick CSR over POFQ.

I've stayed at both recently and the only real plus to me of POFQ is the boat to DS. If you plan on little to no pool time and a couple of visits to DS its your place. Other than that I found myself really missing CSR while at POFQ. The pool and bus service were just that much better! I know that POFQ only has one bus stop, but CSR still had them beat with bus service, especially considering we shared busses with POR some. I so missed that large pool with a mug refill station. Hated having to go to the food court to fill up my mug from the pool at POFQ.

We went to POFQ three years ago. Our daughter was five and loved it. It is smaller, but we needed that more laid-back atmosphere for a park break and at the end of the day.

We just stayed at CSR, and the pool slide is great! However, we all agreed we just like POFQ better. I think for your kids' ages they would really enjoy the pool at CSR better, and it usually has more discounts than POFQ.

Love CSR, especially the business class rooms. Guarantees you a great room location negating the size of CSR. The building is close to the main building, 2 bus stops and the main pool. Then you get the advantage of the perks including the lounge

I didn't like POFQ because I thought it was too compact. I also didn't like the garish clown heads in the main building. I prefer CSR because it's just lovely to walk around the grounds. As someone earlier mentioned, the only plus to me was the boat to DS. However, keep in mind that the boat loads in POR first so on a busy day there might not be much room by the time it gets to POFQ.

Since you have stayed at both CBR and POFQ, you have a good idea of the difference that the size will make. CSR is much more similar in size and layout to CBR than POFQ.
If you prefer the small size at POFQ, then you might want to book a preferred or Business Class room. Then you have the advantages of a small resort (everything nearby) plus the advantages of a larger resort (lots of amenities).

If your kids liked the slide in POFQ, then they will be in heaven in CSR! that slide is way better, IMO. In fact the pool at CSR is one of its best features. (It also has an impressive hot tub for Mom and Dad!)

You kinda picked opposites .... POFQ has minimal amenities and less than all the other moderates
and CSR has more amenities than all of the other moderates. To me POFQ is overpriced.

You say "cool slide" ... I will venture your kids will think it's pretty lame. When we stayed at POR,
we walked over to POFQ to eat breakfast and went to see the pool and slide. Our kids were about 5 and 9,
and they both were uninterested and my 5 year old said he didn't want to stay there because of slide.
CSR on other hand has the longest slide of moderates and one of the longest on property. The whole pool
area is great because it's so self contained with QS, Mug refill station, playground, etc right there.

I agree with HopperFan!

Since you've never stayed at CSR i would suggest that one. Also it has by far the best pool of any of the mods.

Yes! It is always fun to try new resorts!

If I'm not mistaken,you can also use the pools at Riverside when staying at POFQ. My DW and I love staying at POFQ because of the size and have walked to POR several times for lunch or dinner.

After having stayed at CSR several times and then most recently at POFQ, we much prefer CSR but to each his own. We just felt the amenities were lacking at POFQ. The beds, towels, soaps, etc were all lower quality than CSR. Having stayed at OKW as well, I can tell you CSR is no where as large, plus they made it very easy to get from point A to point B unlike OKW.

As someone earlier mentioned, the only plus to me was the boat to DS. However, keep in mind that the boat loads in POR first so on a busy day there might not be much room by the time it gets to POFQ.

Since some time now...I think maybe a year...they do not share their boats anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter