POFQ or Coronado Springs?

CSR doesn't just serve Mexican food and always has lots of options for everyone. The Pepper Market has Italian, Chinese, Mexican, steak station, soup/salad/sub station and more. There is also a kids station with chicken strips, hot dogs, pizza and pasta.

2ufalna.jpg

My daughter likes cheeseburgers. Thats not an option at CSR. I loved the options, but my wife is picky and couldn't find much. Unless they've changed things, when we went, not everything on that menu was available. They had different specialties each night. I guess with a little one and a picky wife...we wanted more traditional food. I loved the selections, but it wasn't good for our family.

Plus...POFQ has the best homemade ice cream sandwiches anywhere!!! I strongly recommend you trying one when you go!!!

I really appreciate all of your input. It was a tough decision to make, but I ended up changing my res to Coronado Springs.

I think the decision was based on: the pool (which I heard one was just renovated), the theme (my wife and I wend to Mexico for our anniversary, so my daughter would probably like CS more).

I made a request to be in building 9 as it is close to the main entrance and the food court.

I really appreciate all of your input. It was a tough decision to make, but I ended up changing my res to Coronado Springs.

I think the decision was based on: the pool (which I heard one was just renovated), the theme (my wife and I wend to Mexico for our anniversary, so my daughter would probably like CS more).

I made a request to be in building 9 as it is close to the main entrance and the food court.
The pool slide was just rehabbed. The pool was down a few years back. You'll have a great time! Enjoy! Any of the cabanas are great. :thumbsup2

I see that Buzz2001 has sent you his link if you haven't checked it try to do so. I had made my ressies for my first trip to Disney for CSR btu not really knowing much about anything at Disney I was still uneasy, but seeing his web site made me feel so satisfied with my choice and you be able to see multiple pictures. Well thats my two cents.....have fun.
P.s. I think you made a great choice!!!!:cool1:

Have a great trip!

We stayed at CSR in 2006 and POR in 2007, and we liked POR much more than CSR. CSR was HUGE....with conventions going on, re-routed traffic, etc. POR felt much more intimate, we stayed in the Mansions section, they had a great pool, a very good food court, and the property was beautiful. There were carriage rides and a boat to Downtown Disney from the resort.

CSR just felt too big to us, and nothing particularly stood out. The Pepper Market was good though!

You made a great choice! You're going to love it! CSR is our favorite mod. :thumbsup2 Claire&TheBoys says it the best.

Claire&TheBoys said:
We've stayed at CSR twice with our kids and had great stays. I like the spaciousness of the resort - it feels like its own entity, its own destination, its own enclave in the World. So while it is spread out, I think that adds to the resort feel, not detracts from it. We like the Pepper Market for the variety and large portions. I love Panchitos store. Our older son liked the pool and slide and playground. We love the bus service there. We always had a seat on our way to the parks, and only stood on our way back late at night.

My husband and I stayed at POFQ on our anniversary trip this past January. I wanted something smaller, maybe more romantic, someplace where I wouldn't be reminded of things we did with our kids. We liked the boat-ride to DTD, but it would have been way too long with our toddler; I'd rather drive or take the bus. The food court was pretty good and we ate breakfast there in the mornings. It just had a different feel to the resort. Where some posters have called it "cozy," I thought it seemed kind of too closed in. Things were convenient; it was only a 5 minute walk to the food court and the only bus stop was at the main building, also. The pool did look like fun and my husband thought our kids would enjoy it, also, especially the dragon slide. We didn't have an issue with bus service, really. It didn't take any longer to go do the loop at POR than it does to do the 4 stops at CSR, but we like the Cabanas at CSR, so we get on either last or next-to-last (stop 4 or stop 1). The shared service was only an issue at night when the lines were very long at closing. At DHS one night, we waited quite awhile for a bus to the PO resorts, and we didn't make it on until about the 3rd or 4th bus.

Anyway, in summation... CSR is quiet and spacious and feels like an oasis in the middle of the World busy-ness. POFQ is fairly quiet but more close-knit and I didn't get that resort feel there. On pools, the edge goes to CSR for the main pool and multiple quiet pools. On food, the edge goes to CSR for the choices: Pepper Market, Rix, and Maya Grill. On transport, the edge goes to CSR for its designated buses.

I've stayed at CSR and POFQ and while POFQ was nice, CSR was WOW! It is a beautiful resort especially at night when you're walking around the lake. My daughter loved the pyramid pool and we all loved the water slide. We rented surrey bikes and boats and had a blast.

It is a convention resort but that did not affect our vacation whatsoever, never even noticed them if they were there. Conventioneers probably don't have time to lounge around the pool so that leaves more chairs for the vacationers! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter