• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ - late June into early July 2012 - a few questions

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We will be staying for the first time, at a moderate, during the hazy hot humid rainy days of Florida summer. We normally go to WDW during Easter weeks and stay in deluxe.

Some simple questions please....

We are used to crowds or mostly polite people.
But....
I have read about Cheerleader groups, Pop Warner athletes, and Brazilian students during the year visiting WDW.
:confused3Question:
Have you seen any of those student groups stay at POFQ during late June into early July ?

I know it is a rainy time of the year - maybe a 70% chance of a thunder boomer each day. We can deal with the rain.
Does the POFQ gift shop sell WDW clear rain poncho's ?
We may need then on day 1, June 23, 2012.
:confused3 Question:
Can the POFQ bus stop overhang keep 30 - 40 people dry during a rain storm ?
What if we want to go to MK at 7:15 am, prime time to go to MK, and it is raining ? Can we stay dry at the POFQ bus stop ?

Thanks!

We will be staying for the first time, at a moderate, during the hazy hot humid rainy days of Florida summer. We normally go to WDW during Easter weeks and stay in deluxe.

But....
I have read about Cheerleader groups, Pop Warner athletes, and Brazilian students during the year visiting WDW. Yes, they are there but we didn't really have a problem with them. Just try to outrun them to the ride because they travel in HUGE groups.
Have you seen any of those student groups stay at POFQ during late June into early July ?
You rarely ever see tourist groupd at POFQ, they most stick to the value resorts.

I know it is a rainy time of the year - maybe a 70% chance of a thunder boomer each day. We can deal with the rain.
What if we want to go to MK at 7:15 am, prime time to go to MK, and it is raining ? Can we stay dry at the POFQ bus stop ? We got caught in a rain storm during the 4th of July week and have NO ISSUE catching a bus to get back to the resort or vise vera. There is a covered shelter at the bus stop so you shouldn't get wet unless you're hanging out at the edge of the shelter or the rain is blowing sideways.

Thanks!

Reply in orange above.

But....
I have read about Cheerleader groups, Pop Warner athletes, and Brazilian students during the year visiting WDW.

What if we want to go to MK at 7:15 am, prime time to go to MK, and it is raining ? Can we stay dry at the POFQ bus stop ?

Thanks!

For the past 2 years we have stayed @ POFQ late June-early July. We had ZERO problems with tour groups of any kind.

It can tend to be rainy this time of year. In 2010, we had pretty much NO rain! But this year...LOTS of rain! The bus stop does have a big overhang...so you can definitely stay dry!

It is a beautiful resort! We love it!!!!

You have picked a fantastic resort. The kids groups won't be at a moderate. POFQ is a very small resort, but you never feel crowded. I was impressed with the beautiful grounds.

Enjoy your trip!!

But....
Pop Warner is in December and this December, it's speculated they will be using POFQ. Brazilians travel in June/July but I don't know where they usually stay. From what I've read about them, they are more of a nusiance in the parks.

I don't know, I would presume so, but you can definitely get them in the parks.
Yes, I'd imagine so.

Thanks!

I think during this time period you are most likely to get pop up thunderstorms rather than rainy drizzly days. It will be hot with an afternoon thunderstorm and you may find it to be like clockwork after a few days. As for POFQ, I wouldn't worry about groups or conventions being there. It's the smallest moderate so they don't use it for much in that sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter