POFQ - how far in advance should we book?

Janed

Mouseketeer
We just made the decision to plan a trip for next October. Our resort of choice is French Quarter. How far in advance should we book? Should I wait to see if I get a PIN or go ahead and book now?

That's a tough one! POFQ is a smaller property but you still have some time if you aren't going until October. It's good to book early and if any general discounts come out that you qualify for then you can apply it to your reservation.

The issue with the PIN codes though are nobody really knows who gets them and why. My theory (only theory here) is that if you've booked a room why would they send you a PIN to save money? Of course you have the general public discounts but why would they provide you any other incentive to book if you've already booked?

I haven't gotten a PIN code in forever and then logged on to my account on the WDW site and looked around and made a few ADRs without booking a hotel and within weeks I got a PIN code for a hotel discount. My thinking is that something triggered in their system that I logged in and must obviously be thinking about a WDW trip but I didn't book one...so send a PIN and maybe that'll be the push I need to book!

Unfortunately the PIN was through this year and I need Jan 2013! I ended up booking and as I think about it more I think I may have just prevented us from the chance of getting a Jan 2013 PIN.

But...I could be wrong! It's all a guess. I think in the end you should book when you feel comfortable booking and then wait and see if you get a PIN or GP discount!!

I don't know that I helped at all ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter