POFQ Hallways

misscrossbee

Mouseketeer
This may be a strange question, but does anyone know if any of the buildings at POFQ have internal hallways instead of them being outside?

My boyfriend has a theory that hotels with indoor corridors are quieter. I just humour him.

Thanks!

The prior poster is correct. We've stayed at all of the Moderates, Pop Century, Poly, and WL. The only time we had issues with noise outside our door was at WL. It was amazingly loud sometimes with people running down the hall and sound reverberating off the walls. It would happen with kids running during the day and adults running and talking at night. So, my personal experience is the opposite of your boyfriend's theory. (Poly, on the other hand, was nice and quiet.)

We stayed at POFQ in Feb., in a ground floor room. It was so unbelievably quiet and peaceful. There were even some folks who sat around outside their room a few doors down each night. When we were in our room we never heard them.

Only the Deluxes have inside hallways.

But we have stayed at POFQ twice and I think we will be staying there again this year when we go because it is on the small side, and quiet. Very peaceful. :lovestruc

I've stayed there twice and have never had an issue with noise outside in the external hallway. It's very quiet and peaceful. But then I never stay near a pool or a parking lot at any resort. Also, don't pay extra for a water view at POFQ. It's not worth it.

The noise I LOVED at POFQ was the clip clop of the horses hooves as they pulled the carriages past our room...pixiedust:

Your boyfriend may be correct with the internal corridors being quieter. But we stayed at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom and we were bothered by the noise every morning by the families who were leaving for their day at Disney World. You have to factor in the excitement level and the fact that kids don't realize that they are going past rooms that don't want to be disturbed.

But if you are going to pick a Disney resort for its quietness, it's got to be French Quarter. We were even on a corner and thought we'd hear a ton of people. Nope - we got to sleep in every day.

I had a ground floor room in building 6 at POFQ and never heard any one of our neighbors. So quiet! I've only had one issue at POFQ where I heard my neighbors, and that was back in 1992 when we had a bunch of incredibly loud recent college grads next door to us. I was on that trip with a friend as a college grad. trip myself, but the ones next door were ridiculously loud. They were the exception though and would have been annoying regardless of what kind of room they were in.

Actually rooms with outside doors/corridors are often quieter unless the room is directly next to parking.
Exterior doors are much thicker and more sound proof then interior doors. Also, look at an interior door at night and there is often quite a gap at the bottom for air circulation. With exterior doors and weather stripping this is eliminated making for a quieter room.

Room location in either case is a big factor. The closer a room is to an area with a lot of thru traffic will be noiser - ie. closer to lobby, food courts, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter