POFQ-Do standard rooms have dish soap or sponges?

baybemama

Disney lovin' Mommy
Trying to figure out what to send ahead since we'll be washing sippy cups and other baby items a bunch. As I was doing dishes this morning it occurred to me.

No they do not. You should probably bring your own, because I do not recall seeing any in the gift shop either.

I don't remember seeing dish soap and sponges during my stays at the mods. Definitely something to bring with you. I know for sure they don't have them at the values, as I was at one a couple months ago, and had to bring my own soap from home to clean bottles.

Trying to figure out what to send ahead since we'll be washing sippy cups and other baby items a bunch. As I was doing dishes this morning it occurred to me.

No they don't. The only place that has them are the places with the kitchenette's. I don't know any hotel that provides them. When my kids were little and I had to wash bottles I went to the Dollar Tree and brought the scrub brush that you could put the dish soap in the handle. Got two birds with one stone that way.

I've read a tip on here that what some people do is cut sponges up into smaller pieces, put dish soap on each piece and let them dry up, and then when they wet the sponge again while at the hotel, it's already got the soap in it. Seems pretty easy if you're short on space!

I also bring a dish towel (old one so I can toss it before going home) to air dry items after washing them.

No little kids - but I do bring bowls and spoons for breakfast in the room - and wash then, so not to waste plastic bowls and utensil. I like to keep green.

I've read a tip on here that what some people do is cut sponges up into smaller pieces, put dish soap on each piece and let them dry up, and then when they wet the sponge again while at the hotel, it's already got the soap in it. Seems pretty easy if you're short on space!

I've done this before and put them in a tupperware container. Works great!

I've done this before and put them in a tupperware container. Works great!

I have to say, this is the first I have heard of this and I really like that idea. I think it would be great for camping as well. I'm definitely going to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter