POFQ Discounts

heretolearn

Earning My Ears
I have been reading and it looks like POFQ is the one resort that doesn't have many discount offers.
We are booking a room in January for January 2014. We were planning to go to POFQ, but now I am concerned that the resort might not have a package discount for when we stay.
Are we better off finding another resort to book and when a discount comes out we have the room already or should we stick to the plan and get a room at POFQ and see what happens? :confused3

This will be our first trip to Disney. Looking for advice.

My rule of thumb is to book the resort that I want, and that I can afford without a discount. Then if a discount comes along that I can use, I will call and have it applied if possible.

There are certain resorts that just don't have as many discounts applied to them. POFQ is one of them. Usually it's because they are popular and/or have a smaller number of rooms, so Disney has no problem filling them without a discount. After all, they're in it to make money, so they don't reduce the price on a room if they don't have to.

If you want to reserve a room now for 2014 you can only make a room-only reservation- you would have to wait until later next year (when the new rates are announced) in order to reserve a vacation package (room plus tickets plus dining). You will be quoted the highest price for the room for this price year and would be required to pay one night immediately, with the balance due on arrival at the resort. When the 2014 prices come out, any change in the total amount due for your reservation would be altered at that time.

You have to decide which is more important to you- a specific resort or a discount. If it's the resort, then book it now. If it's the discount, then you can wait and book whatever resort is available for that discount. But be aware that Disney seems to be changing things up with their discounts lately. There is no guarantee that a particular discount will come out for a particular time period any more.

We are staying at POFQ at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. 2013. We are using the stay/play/dine discount. They did offer a room only discount, but it was only 5% off.

I also got the stay/play/dine discount for POFQ. However when I booked the trip this past July for January 2013, that deal was not offered yet. I had to wait until October and call back and ask for any discounts.

It really is hard to know if there will be a discount. We are staying in December with free dining. There just might not be as many rooms available when the discount come out. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter