POFQ - Discount chances

Cait8383

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are heading to Port Orleans FQ Nov 11-18, very excited! What are the chances of getting any type of room discount offer before we go, general or annual pass. Thank you!

Slim. POFQ is one of the smallest resorts on property. Definitely the smallest mod. It has no problem filling rooms at rack rate, so is seldom included in general public discounts. I can't answer to AP discounts. I have gotten pin discounts for POFQ though.

I would keep checking the Disney website. We booked rooms in March at POFQ hoping that there would be a discount (like last year). When the window opened for the 20% off rooms the "king bed room" wasn't available. I checked the site daily for about 3 weeks and then some of the "king bed rooms" became available. I called as soon as I saw it and saved over $300 on our trip. We ended up getting the "Late Summer 20%" discount. I also got my in-laws room "Garden view room" the discount and saved them $280 on their trip. They were more than pleased.

I would keep checking the Disney website. We booked rooms in March at POFQ hoping that there would be a discount (like last year). When the window opened for the 20% off rooms the "king bed room" wasn't available. I checked the site daily for about 3 weeks and then some of the "king bed rooms" became available. I called as soon as I saw it and saved over $300 on our trip. We ended up getting the "Late Summer 20%" discount. I also got my in-laws room "Garden view room" the discount and saved them $280 on their trip. They were more than pleased.

What discount? I thought POFQ was excluded from the general offer? Did you have a pin?

http://www.everythingmouse.com/walt-disney-world-hotel-discounts-2015

Do they offer Bouncebacks for POFQ? Going in December and would like a bounceback for 2016 at POFQ.

Does anyone know what mods are normally included in the Bouncebacks?

What discount? I thought POFQ was excluded from the general offer? Did you have a pin?

http://www.everythingmouse.com/walt-disney-world-hotel-discounts-2015

POFQ is included in the late summer room offer (20% off), I just double checked on the WDW website. I was also able to take an additional 15% off by booking through orbitz when their promo code was available.

So I guess there is a chance for the fall discount, but less likely because of it's a more popular time to go than late Aug and Sept.

POFQ is included in the late summer room offer (20% off), I just double checked on the WDW website. I was also able to take an additional 15% off by booking through orbitz when their promo code was available.

So I guess there is a chance for the fall discount, but less likely because of it's a more popular time to go than late Aug and Sept.

Yeah, but that poster said March.

Usually when it's included in the 'up to' offers it's around 5% from what I've seen.

ETA: I don't see it listed as included...

image.jpg

Yeah, but that poster said March.

Usually when it's included in the 'up to' offers it's around 5% from what I've seen.

I took it to mean they booked in March and then applied the discount later :).

Edited to add:

Oops.

But there is a chance for fall if it was included in late summer. Just a slimmer chance I think.

Last edited:
Do they offer Bouncebacks for POFQ? Going in December and would like a bounceback for 2016 at POFQ.

Does anyone know what mods are normally included in the Bouncebacks?

Yes, they do bounce backs. We stayed last August on a Free Dining Bounceback from the previous year and have FD again this August which we booked last year.

Yea I have no idea how to add a picture. Lol. But on the offer details on the mobile site it is listed. Also, if you search for room availability (I searched 9/11-9/14) it comes up as an offer. Not sure the discount amount though.

I was able to book those dates for my family. I would have to look back at the exact rates and view etc. But including taxes and fees it was about $160 per night, and that includes the weekend. I remember all of this because I was trying to convince them to stay on site. It worked!

I booked out vacation in March 2015. Checked to see if the "late summer 20%" discount was available when the "Free Dining" went online for the late summer/fall season (early May). I checked daily to see if POFQ was part of the "late summer" discount" for our room (king bed room). Once it became available I called and asked if they could apply the discount and they did.

Didn't do anything special but wait.. lol. Patients normally isn't my thing but for a Disney trip I can make small changes to my daily routine.

When I return to POFQ in Nov., it will be my second time with a RO bounceback. I believe it is 30%. I will book it again, if it's available.

POFQ does have discounts sometimes, but it remains one of the more difficult of the mods to get a discount. AP discounts are no better than the public discounts in most cases these days. You never know, you might get lucky and get a GP offer, but I wouldn't say that the odds are very high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter