POFQ CLOSING INFO THREADS-UPDATED & CLEANED UP!

Has anyone been called or called them for October/November yet?

Finally got tired of waiting and DW called this morning, here's whats been stated so far...............
We were told that we being moved to CSR and that, it is an 'upgrade 'over POFQ, also that CBR ( our next choice in moderates) was booked for our dates 5/9 - 5/12. Also that our package was going to be changed( we currently have the Dream Maker). DW explained that we were not intrested in CSR and asked if any other upgrades were be offered and what was being changed on our package, after being put on hold for 30 minutes she was told that we would be receiving a call back yet today. I could be wrong, but from what I been able to read and check into , I don't believe that CSR is or should be considered and 'upgrade' over any other moderate. I'll post again when the call comes.

Rick

Uh oh...I have been holding off on calling but after reading that CBR might be booked (our dates are 5/9-5/15) now I think I'll have to give in. We have no interest in CSR but really wanted to stay at a moderate for the convenience of the food court.

momtothreeangles....have you checked your emails closely? I waited patiently all week for their call and apparently missed it. They sent us an email to call them back. Good luck!

sandman8..... Did you have a standard view at FQ and they gave you a water view at CSR maybe? They probably consider that an upgrade. My DH spoke with a really nice CM named Deb and she automatically offered us an upgrade. We were all prepared for them to tell us they had assigned us to another moderate but she seemed quite generous with the upgrades. Hopefully they will call you back today and offer something better.

ktglads.....congratulations on the great rates you got. We got AKL for $8 more per night but standard view I assume. She did offer us BC first for $33 more per night but with 3 rooms and 7 nights that was just a tad too steep. Have a great vacation!

I got the $74 dollar rate through an email with code and Pin #. I don't remember what the code was. I got the email after regsitering on the disney site..Bob

Disneyolic--Actually, I'm not on a Disney Club rate anymore. I was orginally booked on a DC rate at the ASMo, but I upgraded to the POFQ after getting a good rate through the Disney Visa. I'm also on a Dream Maker Silver package, so I'm still waiting for that code to come out. Hopefully I will hear by mid-week, as Jolena from the Relocation team told me.

Karen

Yeah !!!:jester:
The CM called back and offered the Poly for 30 dollars more a night. So South Pacific her we come :D . It sounds like the Dream Maker Package was the cause of the delay this morning. The CM said she had to get the code from a supervisor, and that some new codes were being or just had been loaded. Thanks to everyone for the support and information. Oops forgot to add - our ressies are for 5/9 - 5/12.

Rick

I have not received any emails or calls yet. Does any body else have reservations for 5/2-5/7 or around abouts and not received a call either? Does anyone know if it took this long to be notified on previous closings? I certainly hope they make it worth my while (if they do call!) since I am approching 2 weeks out from my vacation!!! Any info would be great. Thanks

I'm arriving 5/2 as well. Got a call Friday and was left a number to call. I was told there would be good upgrades available and my CM gave me her name and promised to call at a specific time on Weds. about upgrades. In the mean time I was switched to CBR with assurances that would not keep me from being offered upgrades. As to why I might have to wait until Weds., I did have a different code than most of those who've posted so far. I had Fl Res. for $74 pn. My plan is to be patient and wait for Weds. call. If they don't call, I have a name to ask for and I'll call them.

I had booked through a travel agent and have a package booked. She called on Friday and was told no upgrades to deluxes available yet for packages. She called again this morning (Monday) and was offered "any deluxe resort except Contemporary". She knew I was primarily interested in the AKL and asked for that price. It comes out to be $15 more per night, was originally paying $104/night. Again, this was the dream maker package.

I'm really pleased with what we got.

My parents were splitting their stay for my wedding, first 1/2 at the Grand, second 1/2 at PO-FQ. (To save some $.)

I called today and managed to get them an upgrade to the Grand for the second 1/2 of their stay, for less than $200/night. That is a great rate, and now they don't have to switch hotels!

Called on Saturday about our POFQ booked throught the WDE website. Told that they would call us on Sunday. They called on Sunday and told us that they could put us in CBR or CSR. They said that on Tuesday, there would be some more codes that would be released that could allow us to upgrade to a deluxe. They are supposed to call on Tuesday. If I don't hear, I'll be calling Tuesday PM. Our dates are 5/13-16

Spoke to my TA this morning. I have the Dream Maker + Silver. No upgrades avail. as of this morning. I wanted WL and that is noted on my ressies. My TA asked me about Beach Club if they offer it. She will be calling back on Tues. to see if upgrades are avail. yet. Which would you pick with 2 boys (11 & 7)?

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone here who has posted about POFQ closing and the upgrades. We were booked at POFQ for June 7-15. After seeing everything here I called them last Wed. We had the Disney Visa rate of $94/night. They said that they would have someone call us back within 72 hours. On Sat. AM I saw that upgrades were out. I called them again. After about 20 minutes on hold we were connected to the relocation team. They offered another moderate of upgrade to a deluxe. We started by pricing the Polynesian and took it at the $124/night rate. We've stayed there before and you certainly can't beat this rate.:D :D

For those who commented on running up your phone bill, we always call the Disney Club 800 number. They happily connect you to CRO, or in this case the relocation team, happlily, if that's who you need to talk to. When DC is gone I think that's one of the benefits we'll miss the most.

This is very frustrating.

My mom is to arrive on May 2.

She did get the call last Wed. She was only offered CBR. She said "no thanks" and was given the special number to call on Fri.
No upgrades... call monday.... no upgrades... call tues...

I have been with her every time she has called. She is not asked or any info (her name, dates, nothing). She simply says that she is calling to see if the upgrade offers are out. They don't ask her ANYTHING. They just say that they re not out and to call the next day.

The I get on here and people are calling and getting upgrades. How is that possible? What number are you all calling?

Also, when you post the upgrade, can you please post what your original rate was?

As of 4 pm today the codes for the $74 rate (comeback rate with a postcard) were not in the system yet either. They said tomorrow. I think I have heard that somewhere before...

My mom does have a $74 rate, BUT they don't know that when she calls! She doesn't give them any info at all. I guess she will have to wait it out-no big deal.

I could not wait any more, I had to call..
Got the Poly for $30 dollor more a night. We are going in June for 7 nights!!!!
My grass skirt is doing the Poly Dance......:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter