POFQ CLOSING INFO THREADS-UPDATED & CLEANED UP!

This is my first post although I have been reading the boards since I started planning our trip for May 2nd - 7th at PO-FQ. I have not received a call yet and do not know what to do. I am sick about all this. I have 3 children 7,4,2 and want a place that is not huge. If I can only change to a mod. I would prefer POR, but it sounds like they may not even offer me that. I keep thinking maybe they are waiting to call after they can offer upgrades????
Seeing as though my trip is 3 weeks away! I would have thought they would have called ASAP, as not inconvenence me more.---Guess not! I wouldn't mind going to WL for a small price, but can't afford alot more. I just hate to stay at a place I didn't choose. Please all you experts give me some advice. Thank you!

Momto3angels ~
I'm no expert, but if I were leaving in 3 weeks, I would definitely be calling Disney direct asap!
When I called, they were very pleasant yesterday, and although they may only offer you a move to another moderate, at least you will have some peace of mind.
Go ahead and make your call! Let everyone know how you make out. Good luck!!!

This forum is wonderful for learning everything about WDW. I have learned so much from all these wonderful people. I see you are arriving May 2nd and haven't received a call yet. We get there on the 3rd and I thought maybe I missed mine because they have called some people who are actually arriving later than us. I'm starting to think CRO doesn't really have their act together yet. Maybe you are right about them waiting until they have more to offer us. So far they don't seem to be offering much. I too would have liked to change to Riverside but it doesn't look like that is even on the table. We have 3 rooms booked so we can't afford a whole lot more either. I guess we will just have to wait it out and hope for the best. Good luck and be sure to let us know what happens when they call you.

So do you think it is best to just sit and wait? What makes me made, is the fact if I didn't read the boards I probably wouldn't even know this information yet! With the look of my choices... What do you think is a good choice for 3 small children? I want a place with a cool slide for my boys who are 7 and 4, that's not a mile away. They were so excited about the slide at PO-FQ. I do
not want them disappointed. It is not like we go there every year. We have only been one other time to Magic Kingdom for 1 day and one night at Allstar Sports, so this should be our first real full trip to Disney. Do you think I have better chance at getting POR if I call? Do you know, out of all the mod. left which would be the best choice for my kids or should I go back to the All stars?????? Thanks Again

hi again momto3angels ~

I stayed at the CBR when my children were small like yours.
They LOVED it! They loved the pool & the beach! The food court there was also nice & bigger than at POFQ.
We went again and stayed at POR. We liked the CBR better.
That's just my family's opinion.
I don't get the "just wait and see theory". What harm can a phone call to Disney make?
It can only arm you with more information.

Good Morning-
working4vacation--welcome back to the DIS! I think if the S & D fits your needs and you don't have to pay any additional costs then I would go for it. Many here on the DIS rave about it. dreamflight99 recently wrote a funny tongue-in-cheek review of it (on APril Fool's Day of course) and it was great--check it out at:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350815
Good luck with your decision! :)

momtothreeangles: Welcome to the DIS! If you would be happy with another mod then I would go ahead and call and get the one that fits your needs. If you would rather wait to see if you might be able to pay a little more for a deluxe then waiting is what you'll have to do. If you haven't checked out the mod pages you might want to head back to page 4 of this thread and I have posted lots of links to both CSR and CBR web pages. Good luck! :)

DisneyFreaks-glad you got the PM! :)

TLinden16--I can understand why you feel uneasy about the whole situation considering they are having trouble bringing up your ressie. I know when I have called recently (before the closing news) the first couple of times the CMs kept saying I was staying at OKW and I was like HUH? But lately no one has made that mistake. I hope you hear something soon. :)

magicmouse--that is interesting about being able to book at POR. Perhaps they are not offering to move any ressies over there and just book those rooms outright? I don't know-certainly doesn't make any sense to me but nothing about this whole thing does right now. :confused:

johnnyr-I did hear something about that recently but book my ressies directly with WDW so I don't know about the TA aspect. Did you book directly or go thru a TA this time?

OK-Let's hope we start hearing about more people with ressies getting calls! :)

Hi welovedis ~
I read your referenced thread. What a hoot!
I've been searching the internet for all that I can read on the Swan/Dolphin.
We were leaning toward the Swan yesterday. We've made our decision. We're choosing the Swan, since it's smaller than the Dolphin. I called out TA and we are good to go!
I'm feeling pretty lucky about the upgrade :p
Thank you also DisneyFreaks for your response!
I hope momto3angels & everyone else gets the solution they desire. Happy travels!

welovedis - Thanks for replying. I booked my trip directly through CRO. My arrival date is not until June 30th. I realize it is still a couple months away, but I want all my ducks in a row. As most people that have been there know, it can be very overwelming, that is why we choose to plan so far in advance. I have been planning for a year, now I feel like I am starting over again. FQ was perfect for us out of all the moderates. Our two kids love it there. This would have made our 4th time there. We visited all of the other moderates, but IMHO FQ was the perfect fit for our family. Now, I'm not so sure what we will do.

I talked to a CM yesterday. A message was left on my machine. She left a "special" phone number and said it was really important that she speak with me at my earliest convenience. She talked about the closing and getting me relocated at one of the moderates at the same rate ($74) as soon as possible. My dates are 5/01 - 5/07. I was told if that wasn't acceptable she could get me a "really good rate" at ANY of the other resorts. I threw out a few, Poly, BW, AKL and there was no availability for my dates. I asked if she could tell me what was available for my dates and she gave me WL (courtyard view), CONT (wing room) and GF (lagoon view), but after asking for only the resorts that were open she still couldn't find me a room with the "really good rates". She said I could book at the CBR or CSR so I would have a room, then I could change it. The CM seemed to think if I called back on Friday or Monday something different would be in the system. I booked this room on 4/04 @ 1:30pm CST, the day they announced the closing. My daughter then called at 3:30 and was informed of the closing. She thought they were kidding her!

How wonderful workin4vacation! I am so happy for you. I hope it works out that well for all of us. This particular trip has had so many problems that I'm worried this changing resorts thing is just going to be another one. After reading rocperez's post it sounds like they still are not offering much in the way of good deals for us. Maybe the end of the week? Let's all hope for some pixie dust to come our way. It's good to see at least they are starting to call more people though.

Thanks to everyone for posting all this info! We have ressies at PO-FQ for November so I'm just waiting until they call. But I wanted to good luck to everyone on getting what they want and for posting updates!!

Hey Guys--
I've been checking these boards like it's my job this past week--so much happening wih the closing. I was to be at POFQ from June 14-23--would have been my first time for the FQ. I have been calling Disney all week--today I talked to a CM who told me that next week they should have the upgrade offers available. Hope this helps and good luck on upgrades!

Welovedis--I hope that you get what you are able to get exactly what you want for your stay that was supposed to be at the POFQ. You have been so wonderfully supportive to all of us, and you have been great about passing along information to us. And you seem to be a lot more patient about this than the rest of us. Thanks for starting this "thread to go to" thread about the POFQ renovations.

Karen

Karen-thanks for your kind words! :) I just thought if I could help anyone with the thread then that would be great. I know how I felt when I heard the news and my trip is just for me and DH for 2 nights that has only been in the works for the past 4 weeks. I can't imagine how someone feels that has been planning theirs for a long time. Glad to know I can help in a way.

Pixie dust & positive thoughts that some good informative calls are on their way! *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

I will be at my mom's side when she calls the special number tomorrow morning. She will write down the rates they give her and I will tell her which ones are good. I don't really feel that people are getting something for nothing. Sometimes where you are staying influences your itinerary and dining plans. My mom was really looking forward to the carriage rides and the boat to DTD!

I am in total agreement with TLinden16. This was the greatest idea welovedis. You have helped so much. More than you know because it helps to be able to talk to those who are going through this along with me! LoL This thread should be re-named The PO/FQ Support Group. I can't thank you enough for starting it.

OK, I AM PROBABLY DISNEY'S BIGGEST PAIN IN THE BUTT, BUT TOO BAD........... I JUST TALKED TO A CM FOR THE 2ND TIME, TALKED TO SOMEONE YESTERDAY AS WELL. HE TOLD ME THAT THEY EXPECTED SOME UPGRADE PACKAGES AVAILABLE AT ANY MOMENT, WHICH HE CORRECTED HIMSELF BY SAYING ANY DAY. HE TOLD ME TO CALL AGAIN TOMORROW AND PUT MY NAME DOWN ON A CALL BACK LIST FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN AN UPGRADE, AND HE TOOK MY WORK NUMBER......... DON'T KNOW WHAT GOOD IT WILL DO..... BUT I HAVE BEEN PLANNING THIS TRIP FOR TOOOOOOOOOO LONG TO LET DISNEY DO WHAT THEY WISH WITH MY TRIP.........

I JUST STILL CAN'T GET OVER THEM ANNOUNCING SUCH A DRAMATIC CLOSURE ONLY WEEKS BEFORE PEOPLE ARE SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE, ROTTEN PLANNING ON THEIR PART IF YOU ASK ME..............

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON HOW I MAKE OUT ...........HOPE YOU ALL DO THE SAME!!

RENEE

Hi welovedis !! At work, we do all our work in caps, so I guess I never even paid attention to the fact that I was hollering! Sorry for any headaches I have inflicted! :D

Yes, lovely storm, no power for almost 5 days, I am in Wayne County if that tells you anything!

Can't wait to hear how you make out with your ressies. Good luck to you and everyone else on this thread ............ Look forward to seeing some good news posting soon!!

Renee

Someone in another forum just posted that they were told any upgrades given to FQ people will be done at the current code rate and not a penny cheaper. That doesn't sound very helpful to me so I hope it's not true. But the fact that they asked DISNEYLOVER70 for a phone number to be placed on a call back list for those "interested" in an upgrade kind of scares me. Who wouldn't be interested in an upgrade unless they have to pay the going rate for it? I'm not looking for something for nothing but we cannot afford to pay alot for a deluxe resort or we would be booked in one now and not going through this inconvenience.

Afternoon All,
Sorry for the rant, but we're trying to figure out what the best options are, This trip has already had 1 flight cancellation, causing a change in dates, and now the closing on short notice.
OK now I feel a little better........ I have a couple of questions:
If upgrades are offered what would be a good rate and (thanks again to welovedis for the links:D ) which building at CBR would be the most romantic.
Thanks again in advance for all the help,

Rick

ps. Still no call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter