POFQ beat my expectations!

DisneyLover83

DIS Veteran
We stayed at POFQ for 7 nights in late December and on our last day we had several items go missing from our room while we were out. Random, small items (not money, camera, laptop or anything big). We reported it to a hotel manager when we realized several things were missing around 1am since we had been at evening EMH's. We left Orlando at 8am the next morning with the promise from management that they would handle it. Well, the weeks went by and we figured that they were not going to keep their word......... TODAY 4/13/10, months after we checked out we got a box via UPS from Port Orleans and they did everything that they said they would do :thumbsup2

We had almost written off any chance of returning to an onsite hotel and I can say that they will have all of our business in the future! They rock:goodvibes

I am so happy to hear that it worked out for you. On our last visit to POP last June, I had left behind a Fossil watch and did not even realize it until POP Century called ME!!! Now that is service!!

Trish

Thats great! I wish my $500 camera would reappear. It was taken from the monorail.

My DD left some clothes and a bathing suit behind at BC last April. I called, they found the items still in the room, and sent them to us by the end of the same week.

We stayed at POFQ for 7 nights in late December and on our last day we had several items go missing from our room while we were out. Random, small items (not money, camera, laptop or anything big). We reported it to a hotel manager when we realized several things were missing around 1am since we had been at evening EMH's. We left Orlando at 8am the next morning with the promise from management that they would handle it. Well, the weeks went by and we figured that they were not going to keep their word......... TODAY 4/13/10, months after we checked out we got a box via UPS from Post Orleans and they did everything that they said they would do :thumbsup2

We had almost written off any chance of returning to an onsite hotel and I can say that they will have all of our business in the future! They rock:goodvibes

I think your posting is the first time I heard items gone missing from someone's resort in Disney. 'Course I haven't been here long.

I'm glad to hear you received them back! Mind if I ask what type of things went missing from your room?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Mind if I ask what type of things went missing from your room?

All the items that were missing were souvenir's we had purchased over our trip and were still in the blue and white disney plastic bags, but whoever took them looked through each bag and only took certain things :confused3 Overall, we were missing a picture frame, a childrens sweatshirt, two antenna toppers and a christmas ornament. We had much more valuable items in our luggage including a digital camera and laptop but that was skipped over :confused:

After the manager checked our room access she immediately offered to refund the amount of the items to our room charge but it was not about the money, it was about the items because many of them were gifts. Their lack of follow through had left a negative mark on our vacation but I am very happy to say they made the situation right, even if it took 3 months... better late then never I guess!

All the items that were missing were souvenir's we had purchased over our trip and were still in the blue and white disney plastic bags, but whoever took them looked through each bag and only took certain things :confused3 Overall, we were missing a picture frame, a childrens sweatshirt, two antenna toppers and a christmas ornament. We had much more valuable items in our luggage including a digital camera and laptop but that was skipped over :confused:

After the manager checked our room access she immediately offered to refund the amount of the items to our room charge but it was not about the money, it was about the items because many of them were gifts. Their lack of follow through had left a negative mark on our vacation but I am very happy to say they made the situation right, even if it took 3 months... better late then never I guess!

Strange things to take. Maybe the person thought they'd be less likely to be missed than the valuable items? :confused3 I'm glad to hear all worked out in the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter