• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ and Free Dining?

Dommiekazommie

Mouseketeer
Anyone had any luck booking POFQ and general public free dining?

I'm kinda freaking out, I emailed my TA last night asking about it, and she replaied and said she couldnt confirm or deny but that if it was released she'd get it applied to my exsiting ressie (POFQ Sept 15-27) and let me know, but I still haven't heard anything!

I'm trying not to freak out, but it would save me $1200, I just emailed her again to say we're happy to switch to POR if we need to (which is still showing availbility on my dates on the Disney website) and just need to remmeber to breathe

What is it about FD that gets us all hot and bothered!
:lmao:

Not sure if you are only inquiring about the new FD offer, but I booked FD offer at POFQ for our trip at the end of March back in August shortly after the promo came out.

Sydnerella's Mama

Saw on disneyfoodblog.com that Free dining for August and Sept is back. We booked ours back in December at POFQ and got free dining. Maybe we will see you there!

I was not able to book POFQ when I called this morning at 7 am. I was however able to book POR from August 25th to September1st garden view. I really want to be in FQ though. I guess I will keep checking to see if anything opens up.

Thanks Guys! I was specifically refering to the free dining that was relased this morning (yesterday now?) But love hearing about other people free dining experiences too! :goodvibes

Maybe I'll see some of you guys there (or in POR, I'm thinking we'll need to move to POR to get free dining, which is cool too I guess. POR was my first resort back in 2009 and I LOVED it, but really didnt love CBR. Ah well, any disney is better than no Disney! right? :confused3)

Anyone have any opinions or POR v POFQ? or even Cornando Springs?

I looked online in the afternoon for late sept and it said POFQ was not available for that timeframe. Oh well I'm booked for October with a great discount that actually is about $300 cheaper than if i go in sept FD time.

Added free dine to my POR reservation today too. But they wouldn't give me preferred status, had to take garden view for both rooms. Still, I'll walk a bit more for those great savings! :cool1: The reservation assistant at Disney told me to check back later and maybe those preferred rooms will open up.

I looked online in the afternoon for late sept and it said POFQ was not available for that timeframe. Oh well I'm booked for October with a great discount that actually is about $300 cheaper than if i go in sept FD time.

We booked the first day the latest offer was open for Disney Visa holders (I think it was Friday, maybe Thursday) and were not able to get PORFQ for 8/25 to 9/1--ANY view. POR was available fir Garden view or higher.
I hope that helps you know what to possibly expect.

I booked POFQ with FD the first day it opened up to visa holders. It was only Garden view rooms. I got two connecting rooms. The CM told me it was a limited number of rooms that get FD in each resort. I would call and ask. I am booked a little earlier than you ( Aug 25-Sept1) But considering you are in the FD timeframe I would call and ask if they can add it to your current reservation. No harm in asking! Good luck!!!

Anyone had any luck booking POFQ and general public free dining?

I'm kinda freaking out, I emailed my TA last night asking about it, and she replaied and said she couldnt confirm or deny but that if it was released she'd get it applied to my exsiting ressie (POFQ Sept 15-27) and let me know, but I still haven't heard anything!

I'm trying not to freak out, but it would save me $1200, I just emailed her again to say we're happy to switch to POR if we need to (which is still showing availbility on my dates on the Disney website) and just need to remmeber to breathe

What is it about FD that gets us all hot and bothered!
:lmao:

I booked 2 garden view rooms at POFQ with free dining yesterday morning.

Yeah i was going to say recheck...when I checked the first day POFQ wasn't available the last week of Sept....so I waited two days, and the only thing available showing online was garden and river views. Viola...I check this morning and the standard view is now available.

Keep in mind, this is with the free dining plan.

Yeah i was going to say recheck...when I checked the first day POFQ wasn't available the last week of Sept....so I waited two days, and the only thing available showing online was garden and river views. Viola...I check this morning and the standard view is now available.

Keep in mind, this is with the free dining plan.

I keep checking to see if I can down-grade our room..so far no luck..

We were able to book at the POFQ in a garden view room from 9/10-9/16, but at the time that was the only rooms the had left.

Those who did get free dining, just how much did it end up costing?

Tigger

Old Ressie (booked in January):
POFQ 5 nights, 2 queens/garden view, 2-day tix, QSDP: $1500

New Ressie (booked under FD promo):
POFQ 5 nights, king bed, 2-day tix, DDP: $1450

Without FD promo, new ressie would have cost: $1950

(numbers rounded to the nearest whole dollar for ease)

Ours was $2850 with 8 nights at Riverside, preferred room, 6 days tickets with WP + more option for 4 people - 3 adults (2+ my 10yr old:laughing:) and 1 child

We booked POFQ garden view for FD 9/11-9/17 last night. Good luck! Maybe more rooms will open up.

I just booked POFQ standard view, 09/21-09/29, an hour or so ago!! WITH FD! The CM offered it to me, even tho I was prepared with the SS5 code if I needed it. For 3 adults it was $2699.61 with 7 day hopper passes. 195 days to gooo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter