POFQ&AKL or Swan Reserve

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
If you had to choose which one would you do?

There will be 3 of us (2 Adults & 1 Kid) and I will also have an ECV. For the first week of the trip my husband will probably have to stay behind in the hotel room to work, so it will just be me and the kiddo out and about in the day.

Option 1) 10 Nights at Port Orleans French quarter and 10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge (or could do a studio at Old Key West)

Pros - Disney Transportation/2 different resorts
Cons - Disney buses for all parks/lack of food options

Or

2) 20 Nights at Swan Reserve

Pros - Location/lots of food choices in the vicinity
Cons - No Disney transportation to 2 parks/Will we get board at one place for so long?

Last edited:
I would personally split it up. That's a SUPER long stay, I personally would do a week at each and end at AKL so you can take Magical Express back (or the new Mears transportation if after January). We've done a triple split stay and it's easy to do and you get to see all kinds of different locations and resorts. 20 nights in one spot is just WAY too long for us. Have fun!

If you had to choose which one would you do?

There will be 3 of us (2 Adults & 1 Kid) and I will also have an ECV. For the first week of the trip my husband will probably have to stay behind in the hotel room to work, so it will just be me and the kiddo out and about in the day.

Option 1) 10 Nights at Port Orleans French quarter and 10 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge (or could do a studio at Old Key West)

Pros - Disney Transportation/2 different resorts
Cons - Disney buses for all parks/lack of food options

Or

2) 20 Nights at Swan Reserve

Pros - Location/lots of food choices in the vicinity
Cons - No Disney transportation to 2 parks/Will we get board at one place for so long?

I would split it up. In fact, I would probably do a 3 resort split if staying 20 nights. I don't think there is any way I could stay in the same hotel room for 20 continuous nights - a villa or a house rental perhaps, but not a standard hotel room. Why not 6-7 nights at each resort? I'm not sure what you mean by no Disney transportation to 2 parks from Swan Reserve. Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve still offer buses to MK and AK. They just drop you off at TTC at MK, so you have to take a ferry or monorail from there.

Split and it wouldn’t be pofq.
I’d be staying Deluxe and splitting between 2 for 10days each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter